Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 151617
    Blog Entries

Re: Put Lamar Jackson at Slot Receiver Or Keep him on the bench

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    You don’t think 2 yard runs are working?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You’re right! When Joe comes back in he just needs to get 8 yards, not 10.

Why run a smaller qb on a qb power run on 1st and 18 in ot? Please answer that for me

I would have to break down the play and the defense to understand the call. It was a 4 yard gain, correct? That's not terrible, but not optimal.

But if the film analysis shows they were 1 block away from springing a longer gain, then it was a good call that was just wasn't executed.

I'm just not going to stupidly criticize a play without any evidence before studying it.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    You’re right! When Joe comes back in he just needs to get 8 yards, not 10.
    They never took Joe off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    The lj plays have been criticised every week because they're stupid, not because we lost
    I think the LJ runs may cease if ever our RBs crack 4 yards a damn carry.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I think the LJ runs may cease if ever our RBs crack 4 yards a damn carry.

I haven’t looked BPR but are any of the rookie Arabs doing anything this year?

I haven’t looked BPR but are any of the rookie Arabs doing anything this year?

Barkley looks pretty good. With an effective passing game, he'll kill it.

Chubb is buried, but has flashed decently to-date.

Michel is finally healthy and looks nice.

Penny (my guy) is struggling in pass pro and behind a weak OL.

Kerryon Johnson looks much better than I thought he'd look.

Drawing a blank on other right now. Been hurricane partying down here lol

"The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

The turning point was on 3rd and 1 when Marty ran that option pitch with Flacco to Collins and we ended up punting.

If Lamar is in there we get the 1st cus the defense actually has to respect his running ability.

Whether y’all want to admit it or not we need to keep rolling with Lamar in these packages. The running game is stagnant and he gives us a boost. He even threw today so I expect to see more of that going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by smoothSeph View Post
    The turning point was on 3rd and 1 when Marty ran that option pitch with Flacco to Collins and we ended up punting.

If Lamar is in there we get the 1st cus the defense actually has to respect his running ability.

Whether y’all want to admit it or not we need to keep rolling with Lamar in these packages. The running game is stagnant and he gives us a boost. He even threw today so I expect to see more of that going forward.
    Flacco had a nice game tying drive, but still the offense only scored 17 until 2 minutes to play against one of the sorriest defenses in the league, at home.

Lamar Jackson at QB scores at least 35 on these suckers. Flacco at QB makes the game 10-11, the offense is always going to be at a disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenstatsman View Post
    Flacco had a nice game tying drive, but still the offense only scored 17 until 2 minutes to play against one of the sorriest defenses in the league, at home.

Lamar Jackson at QB scores at least 35 on these suckers. Flacco at QB makes the game 10-11, the offense is always going to be at a disadvantage.
    Based on what? Surely nothing we've seen from him. I hate these kind of ridiculous statements.