Laquan McDonald Case

This time the jury didn't believe the officer. Im sure if there wasnt the video, the jury would have taken the officers word and would have been set free. I guess in this instance, there was corroborating evidence (video) and the jury made their decision because of it. I say, this is great news.

Does anyone disagree?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Re: Laquan McDonald Case

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    This time the jury didn't believe the officer. Im sure if there wasnt the video, the jury would have taken the officers word and would have been set free. I guess in this instance, there was corroborating evidence (video) and the jury made their decision because of it. I say, this is great news.

Does anyone disagree?

I don’t know all of the specifics on this, but...Is this the case where the kid was high on PCP and apparently slicing tires with a knife and the officer shot him 16x in 15 seconds after arriving on the scene? The video didn’t show any resistance other than McDonald walking away.

Great news? Not really. It’s a sad situation all around. Families destroyed.
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 10-06-2018 at 07:23 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post

Does anyone disagree?

So now we’re going to claim racism on hypothetical situations? Geez....

Who knows what would have happened.

But the officer was wrong

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post

Making a bit of a leap there. What racism is claimed?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    Making a bit of a leap there. What racism is claimed?
    White officer kills black suspect. It’s the only reason it’s news. And the poster it’s coming from talks about racism a good bit.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post

I wasnt barking up the Rasism tree. If anything, I was expressing the importance of corroborating evidence (video). Maybe I was being a smart ass due to the fact that even with "corroborating" evidence, the officer is still believed over a video; in most cases. This was the first time in like many many years that an officer was held accountable in Chicago. I know their job is really difficult in that city. However, the most successful defense for police is to say that they "feared for their life" and they are justified for questionable shootings. Its really hard to definitively prove what someone was feeling. In those cases, the officer gets the benefit of the doubt.

To tie this in a bow; this anger that people RIGHTLY feel about being guilty first, before presumed innocent.....is the same anger some of us feel when we see a video of a person getting killed because the arresting or querying officer thought the suspect or civilian was "guilty" of being a killer. Then during the trial, the presumed guilty person who was shot is then often character assassinated. We are then programmed to "believe" the officer, when nobody can prove he really feared for his life.