Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Week 4 Ravens @ Steelers predictions

Although I think this is a winnable game with Pittsburgh's flawed defense, I think the Ravens 2 biggest weaknesses on defense (lack of a pass rush and weak secondary) plays right into Pittsburgh's strength. I see this game going sideways fast (which will negate the Ravens rushing attack) and force Flacco to throw the ball ceaselessly (which almost always results in a loss).

Later this season, playing at home and with Jimmy Smith back, I like the Ravens chances much better.

I hope they can keep it close, but I don't think so...

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    As long as we protect the football, theres no reason as to why this offense shouldn't be able to score a touchdown on just about every drive.

This is gonna come down to whether or not our defense will be able to somewhat hold their ground against all their weapons
    That has to start up front where 1, we can't allow them to add a running game dimension to the air assault and 2, we have to achieve pressure on every drop back while also containing and wrapping Ben in the pocket. If we can do this, we can force the turnover issue and maybe get 2-4 picks while Flacco answers on the other end.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    Although I think this is a winnable game with Pittsburgh's flawed defense, I think the Ravens 2 biggest weaknesses on defense (lack of a pass rush and weak secondary) plays right into Pittsburgh's strength. I see this game going sideways fast (which will negate the Ravens rushing attack) and force Flacco to throw the ball ceaselessly (which almost always results in a loss).

Later this season, playing at home and with Jimmy Smith back, I like the Ravens chances much better.

I hope they can keep it close, but I don't think so...
    I wouldn't say our secondary is weak by any means but yes pass rush is still a question mark though it did look solid vs denver

Quote Originally Posted by Jamauler2066 View Post
    That has to start up front where 1, we can't allow them to add a running game dimension to the air assault and 2, we have to achieve pressure on every drop back while also containing and wrapping Ben in the pocket. If we can do this, we can force the turnover issue and maybe get 2-4 picks while Flacco answers on the other end.
    One unsung fact about our defense this year:

It has given up only 9 points in the 2nd half

3 vs buffalo
    6 vs cincy
    0 vs denver

Hats off to wink for his halftime adjustments and that could be pivotal in this one

Steelers 30
    Ravens 27
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

not gon do it

Depends what teams show up and what players are active.

What I expect is a moderately low scoring game, something like 24-20. I don't think the Ravens have the horses to keep up with Pittsburgh right now so i will be calling this a loss.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Ravens 41
    Steelers 38

Blog Entries

When Joe has legit weapons he can take it to the Steelers. A Brown and JuJu will get theirs catches and yards, but it won't be enough.

Ravens 30
    Steelers 21

Blog Entries

How in gods name is someone referring to a weak secondary being one of our problems on defense. The safeties are WAYYY better than they credit for here, certainly not elite at this point but still definitely above average in comparison to the rest of the league. And I think we have the best corner depth in maybe the entire league. When Jimmy is back we also might have two of the highest quality starting outside corners in the league as well.

Sure wish we had Jimmy for this one. Hopefully Mosley and maybe Henry get back in.

Still calling a win because it’s more enjoyable to live life as a fan that way. 24-21 Ravens

Blog Entries

The ‘weak pass rush’ is total rubbish as well. We’ve played three games and have been all over the QB in two of them. The one where the pass rush failed was on the road on a short weak, which if you watch much Thursday night football it tends to be a quite common problem. Cincinnati’s o-line so far this year has also looked quite good. We definitely don’t have a weak pass rush, again maybe not elite but definitely good.... and maybe elite depending on how it goes next couple weeks.

Yeah, I don't want to be the ant at the picnic but I don't see this ending well for us. We've improved on offense but we can't win a shootout which is what this might turn into. And I still think that Carr and Jefferson (and Weddle to some degree) are major liabilities in coverage. I foresee another Bengals type game with JuJu and AB running roughshod over our secondary. We couldn't cover Denver's receivers a lot of the time. And Pitt has SEVERAL high-caliber receivers to worry about. We always play them tough, but Pitt always finds a way to come back and kick us in the ass.

Steelers 31 Ravens 24