Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Post Game Comments

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    I don't understand this. A lot of those costly penalties were offensive holding; if they hadn't held, their QB would have been sacked. How is that "shooting yourself in the foot"? Isn't taking a holding penalty better than allowing a strip/sack?

If the Ravens hadn't shot themselves in the foot (Bowser whiff, Judon block in the back), it might have been 34-7.
    Sure you can spin it both ways. You skipped over the part where I said there was plenty of room for optimism thus far, but it should not be surprising that the past 4-5 years worth of a coaching track record and game performance track record would leave some of us skeptical until we see more play out during the season.

I like to call it "cautiously optimistic". I am not, however, willing to go as far as Weddle did in his comments just yet. I would say that Denver is a team that is on par with us, so good on us for beating them.

I want to see us punch upwards before I get comfortable with us earning a Wild Card spot and into the playoffs. Of course that is my hope because Harbs is a different coach and Joe a different player in the postseason. That loss last week for some reason just flipped a switch in me and I started to see the coaching issue in a new light.

Weddle is an interesting spokesman because he is very tight with Harbs and looks to be grooming himself to possibly coach, so I am even more skeptical of the "rah rah" stuff from him. I am more of a Sizzle guy when it comes to post-game comments.

We really have yet to play a good or elite QB. Case is a game manager. Andy is hold Cincy back. Peterman? Really? The true test is this Sunday. Are we bullies or legit?

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    Or the fact that he's been in the NFL for what 12 seasons???
    Both lol

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    More TD passes than Matt Ryan (in fewer games,) more yards per attempt than Aaron Rodgers, and more yards per game than Andy Dalton, Cam Newton, Eli Manning, and Derek Carr.

Seems more than a game manager to me. Very definitely a good QB. Actually a very good QB last year.
    Yes, he did very well with a limited skill set in a system designed to maximize his abilities and minimize his faults. What you have seen before last year and this year over several seasons is the real Keenum. Either build a system based on what he can do, or accept that he won’t be up to par. What we are seeing is what happens when a game manager type is forced to do more than their abilities will allow them to do.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    All that junk food must be why hes losing his speed
    Maybe, but he (Weddle) may be making money off it. After all, he is 33 and coming to the end of his NFL career... Bc

I stick to the philosophy that every game stands on it's own. There are really no trends that can be drawn or discerned from game to game in the NFL. It's sixteen distinct weeks that are determined by matchups, weather, coaching decisions, player health and officiating. In general, healthy teams with sound coaching are going to do well for the most part. I agree with whoever said to look to Sizzle for post game thoughts...he almost always says, it's one week...let's see if we can do it again. Trends are overrated. Past is not prologue. How many people's suicide pools blew up this week by picking the Vikings? Or the Patriots?

7. Re: Post Game Comments

I'm sorry, for those who weren't aware, this was meant to be a thread where everyone posts any comments made by players, coaches or media, following the game.

Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiec 10m10 minutes ago

Per transactions wire, OL Jermaine Eluemunor and WR/RT Janarion Grant both cleared waivers. They are eligible to sign with Ravens practice squad if they so choose. Harbaugh expressed interest in getting Grant back today.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    We really have yet to play a good or elite QB. Case is a game manager. Andy is hold Cincy back. Peterman? Really? The true test is this Sunday. Are we bullies or legit?
    Ben is definitely better than anyone we've faced but he's also one of the best in the NFL. Case is a solid good.

Ravens fans have very high standards. Getting to the playoffs doesn't mean much. We expect to win in the playoffs. If the Ben standard of good was applied to fans expectations for the season then anything less than getting to the conference championship would not be good.

10. Re: Post Game Comments

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    We expect to win in the playoffs.
    Hhhhmmmm, I wonder why....................