Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 242526

Re: What To Do With Flacco?

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Just because you haven't seen Lamar go deep yet doesn't mean he is incapable of doing so. I've seen him do it on his college tape time after time. He can do it, I think the lights are just a little bright for him at the moment. He'll find his footing and be a star, hopefully. Honestly, I haven't seen nearly as many pass attempts at the pro level from Lamar as I would like to, so it's really hard to make a judgement from that alone.
    Just the velocity on his throws looks dismal. He has no zip on the ball.... Those ducks are hard to catch.

He needs time and a QB coach...if he ever learns to throw with his body instead of his elbow and wrist and learn to slide he could be special
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Just the velocity on his throws looks dismal. He has no zip on the ball.... Those ducks are hard to catch.

He needs time and a QB coach...if he ever learns to throw with his body instead of his elbow and wrist and learn to slide he could be special
    I totally agree. I'm hoping Urban is completely revamping his throwing motion, and what we saw in the preseason is the growing pains associated with that. If he's actually making mechanical changes to his technique, it will look ugly for a little while. But I've seen him push the deep ball on tape. Hopefully if they are retooling his fundamentals, he'll be even better than that lights out player at Louisville.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Bakers arm strength from what we've seen in the NFL is significantly better than Lamars....which is somewhat of a shock consider the knock on Mayfield was he's short and has a weak arm.... where as arm strength was supposed to be a positive for lamar
    I don't know if the strength is better but the control is clearly better. I've seen LJ launch the ball way down the field in college but it's very much just throwing way down field and letting a fast receiver get the ball. Favre was the same way for his first 3 or 4 years. Baker is much more of a pin point thrower. That's one of the reasons why he ended up as the 1st pick in the draft

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I don't know if the strength is better but the control is clearly better. I've seen LJ launch the ball way down the field in college but it's very much just throwing way down field and letting a fast receiver get the ball. Favre was the same way for his first 3 or 4 years. Baker is much more of a pin point thrower. That's one of the reasons why he ended up as the 1st pick in the draft
    Hey buddy I haven't played ya in Fantasy football yet. I need an extra bye week LOL.