Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wink Martindale

Re: Wink Martindale

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    The guy is 3 games in an still getting the feel of calling plays, short two of his best players no less. I think he's doing well under the circumstances and he and the players will improve with time to gel as a group.
    Good point, I tend to forget that he is without CJ and Jimmy. Looking forward to Jimmy joining an already very good CB group.

Pretty much any human with a pulse is better than Pees.

Blog Entries

We shut them out for 3 1/2 quarters. That's all I have to know... Bc

Props Don. you're off my poop list...

[QUOTE=ERey;1518176]And CJ Mosely.

The D held firm in the 4th and allowed the offense to take a knee with two minutes to go. A bit of a change from previous years.[/QUOTE

And Pierce!

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    So far, his defensive halftime adjustments have been better than Pees'

We have given up only 9 points in the second half this season.
    The adjustments have been spot on and they are playing without three of their best players

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    So far, his defensive halftime adjustments have been better than Pees'

We have given up only 9 points in the second half this season.
    I mean, Wink's end-of-1st-quarter adjustments have been good. We've given up more points in the 1st Q than all other quarters combined, 28 to 23.

If we get this shit dialed-in and begin starting fast, we could really have something.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I mean, Wink's end-of-1st-quarter adjustments have been good. We've given up more points in the 1st Q than all other quarters combined, 28 to 23.

If we get this shit dialed-in and begin starting fast, we could really have something.
    Ill excuse him on the first TD though that was a ST blunder

Quote Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
    Pretty much any human with a pulse is better than Pees.
    What Pees is doing with a bottom middle half defense like Tenn is alot more impressive then what Wink is going with ours. He somehow got the Titans to 2-1 with Blake F'n Gabbert. Won a game yesterday 9-6.

The amount of hate Pees got every year was unfair. His defenses were as good as you can be in todays NFL we got turnovers we were something like 9th in total points last year and 27th in offensive yardage. This defense looked real suspect at times and seems prone recently to give up big plays either in the running game or passing game.

Time will tell.

Dean Pees is actually a pretty damn good coordinator tbh. Look where we finished in the 6 years during his tenure. Do I think we needed to move on, yes. But let's not act like he was the worst coach alive.

What I like is that Wink doesn't seem to overthink things. It's third down? Blitz this mofo.

It works because the defense is insanely talented. Will be interesting to see how that would pan out if things change