Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Sugar!

Re: Young Sugar!

Imaging with him and Derwin James in the same draft.

I would like one ticket on the Kenny Young hype train, please.

But I have to say that Peanut impressed me on that INT. He showed speed and instinct cutting across the route to grab the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like him but he looks so small. Hopefully he bulks up in the offseason

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    A fella who used to wear the number 52 used to be called small too. He only ended up being the greatest MLB of all-time, hall of famer, and having a statue made of him outside of the stadium.
    Ray played most of his career at 250-255. I don't know what Kenny is listed at but he looks like a DB in pads. About 225-230. Mosley is what 250? He needs to get bigger.

Gotta love his motor.

Blog Entries

Young Sugar!

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Ray played most of his career at 250-255. I don't know what Kenny is listed at but he looks like a DB in pads. About 225-230. Mosley is what 250? He needs to get bigger.
    I think with less emphasis on the run game lbs are going to get smaller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    Actually, no he doesn't. The way this league is today, Mosley's size is perhaps what leads to his deficiencies as a cover linebacker. The league is much more pass oriented than run oriented. Why sacrifice the guy's sideline to sideline, coverage, explosive speed for mass when he has been excelling so far?
    Yes. His range is what's letting him make plays everywhere. Why mess with that?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Young Kenny > Mosley

We'll go to the phones on the other side of the break...
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Young is around 240lbs. I am sure he will put on 5lbs of good weight. He does not need to be any bigger than 240 - 245lbs. He has had no problem bringing down the ball carrier. he filled nicely on one run and stopped the runner in his tracks. His speed is what sets him apart. His ability in coverage is what has been missing at the ILB spot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Young Kenny > Mosley

We'll go to the phones on the other side of the break...
    Long time listener, first time caller...

Bobby Wagner comp? too early?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Young is around 240lbs. I am sure he will put on 5lbs of good weight. He does not need to be any bigger than 240 - 245lbs. He has had no problem bringing down the ball carrier. he filled nicely on one run and stopped the runner in his tracks. His speed is what sets him apart. His ability in coverage is what has been missing at the ILB spot.
    I agree. The median MLB weight has come down over the past 10 years.
    Everyone knows this. GMs are comfortable with 230-240 lbers. It's no big deal.

Mosley himself Combined at 234 lbs and it didn't turn Ozzie off.
    I can't imagine that he has played more than 10 lbs heavier since.

Young Kenny brings more leverage and explosiveness into his tackles than Mosley, but I get that longevity is a top objective. If there's any fine-tuning to be done, he'll be just fine with a full, pro off-season under his belt.

I'm surprised with his recognition and reaction speed in run support.
    These were documented weaknesses at UCLA.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Long time listener, first time caller...

Bobby Wagner comp? too early?
    Wagner has a poster of Kenny on his wall.

@BigPlayReceiver