Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: can someone please explain why the...

Looked like Mayfield was getting the ball out quicker. Especially when he first got in the game throwing them darts. Dropback, see it, throw it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Stop the madness.

Mayfield is simply a superior QB.

On the re-watch, Mayfield simply avoided the blitz and/or got the ball out quicker.
    He was willing to throw into tight windows.
    He kept his eyes downfield when he moved outside the pocket.

The game has never slowed down for Taylor and he struggles to read defenses.

Taylor was blitzed on 13 of 18 (72%) dropbacks and completed 22% (40% adjusted) of his passes for 0.6 YPA while blitzed.
    When not blitzed, he completed 40% (50% adjusted) for 2.8 YPA.
    This. Is. Awful.

Mayfield was blitzed 13 of 24 (54%) dropbacks and completed 69.2% (91.7% adjusted) of his passes for 7.9 YPA while blitzed.
    When not blitzed, he completed 80% (90% adjusted) for 9.8 YPA.

adjusted = does not count drops, bats and throw-aways as attempts
    i dont know whe you are or where you came from but you get rep!

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Another good point here as well Russell Wilson linemen have said as such about his style of play they have to be able to account for him because he moves a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well RW looks to pass before running. I think his OL just sucks lol

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    Lmao, everybody crowning this guy after one game. Lmao. He will be looking up at Lamar Jackson for years! Lmao
    I wonder how long itl take you to realise...

Stop the madness.

Mayfield is simply a superior QB.

On the re-watch, Mayfield simply avoided the blitz and/or got the ball out quicker.
    He was willing to throw into tight windows.
    He kept his eyes downfield when he moved outside the pocket.

The game has never slowed down for Taylor and he struggles to read defenses.

Taylor was blitzed on 13 of 18 (72%) dropbacks and completed 22% (40% adjusted) of his passes for 0.6 YPA while blitzed.
    When not blitzed, he completed 40% (50% adjusted) for 2.8 YPA.
    This. Is. Awful.

Mayfield was blitzed 13 of 24 (54%) dropbacks and completed 69.2% (91.7% adjusted) of his passes for 7.9 YPA while blitzed.
    When not blitzed, he completed 80% (90% adjusted) for 9.8 YPA.

adjusted = does not count drops, bats and throw-aways as attempts
    Those stats are misleading. The NYJ pass rush was gassed. They weren't getting anywhere near mayfield even when blitzing I can't even remember seeing him touched in the 2nd half.

A big part of that is on Darnold. I think his first four drives of the 2nd half were PUNT, Turnover, PUNT, PUNT. Mayfield was having long drives then getting right back onto the field.

With that being said Mayfield played extremely well obviously he can't control the pass rush but anyone who watched the game saw the difference in the quality of the pass rush of the two halfs. Don't tell me it was Mayfiled getting rid of the ball quicker either when he was releasing the ball there was not a defender in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Those stats are misleading. The NYJ pass rush was gassed. They weren't getting anywhere near mayfield even when blitzing I can't even remember seeing him touched in the 2nd half. A big part of that is on Darnold. I think his first four drives of the 2nd half were PUNT, Turnover, PUNT, PUNT. Mayfield was having long drives then getting right back onto the field.
    Mayfield got hit on a FF and a sack.
    But sure, when you don't hold on to the ball, or don't panic, or find the open man then yeah, you pretty much won't get hit unless it's a blown assignment or a penalty.

I don't see any convincing evidence of NYJ's defense being gassed either.
    After the first half, NYJ's defense had halftime plus 2m 35s to rest up.
    After that, the drives were 4:50 (CLE), 1:16 (NYJ), CLE (0:56), NYJ (1:50) --there's no advantage there.
    In fact, NYJ gave up CLE's 2nd 2H TD after being off the field for 12 plays and 6m 46s.

With that being said Mayfield played extremely well obviously he can't control the pass rush but anyone who watched the game saw the difference in the quality of the pass rush of the two halfs. Don't tell me it was Mayfield getting rid of the ball quicker either when he was releasing the ball there was not a defender in sight.
    I know that you know that any pass rush will look ineffective if the QB doesn't have the ball, so I really don't know what you're saying here.

Mayfield's average time to throw was 2.56 secs. Taylor's 3.05.

While holding the ball less than 2.5 secs: Mayfield was 15 of 16 on his 16 dropbacks; Taylor was 1 of 6. Mayfield was far more efficient.
    Quick developing plays helped, but he also was very accurate downfield. I've already mentioned some of the reasons.

While holding the ball 2.5 secs or more: Mayfield was 2 of 7 (1 sack); Taylor was 3 of 8 (2 sacks).
    They were both far less effective just like all QBs in recent history with Wilson being an exception that comes to mind.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

But sure, when you don't hold on to the ball, or don't panic, or find the open man then yeah, you pretty much won't get hit unless it's a blown assignment or a penalty.

After that, the drives were 4:50 (CLE), 1:16 (NYJ), CLE (0:56), NYJ (1:50) --there's no advantage there.
    In fact, NYJ gave up CLE's 2nd 2H TD after being off the field for 12 plays and 6m 46s.

I know that you know that any pass rush will look ineffective if the QB doesn't have the ball, so I really don't know what you're saying here.

While holding the ball less than 2.5 secs: Mayfield was 15 of 16 on his 16 dropbacks; Taylor was 1 of 6. Mayfield was far more efficient.
    Quick developing plays helped, but he also was very accurate downfield. I've already mentioned some of the reasons.

While holding the ball 2.5 secs or more: Mayfield was 2 of 7 (1 sack); Taylor was 3 of 8 (2 sacks).
    They were both far less effective just like all QBs in recent history with Wilson being an exception that comes to mind.
    Where and how do you find all of these Stats BPR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many times was Taylor hit or hurried that will tell you how close the pass rush was to getting to both quarterbacks. Unfortunately, sacks are not all that meaningful. I'm also not advocating in favor of Taylor just that the comparison is unfair considering the quality of pass rush Taylor faced and that of Mayfield.

And you are right I forgot he got sacked/hit on his fumble but can you remember any others? I can't. Like I said there wasn't a defender near him most plays credit him for hitting his targets but moving forward most Qb's will be successful given the amount of time Mayfield got in the second half even the 2nd tier guys like Bortles. So I just think people need to be honest. I cab't find the data but I don't need to look up the hurries and hits I saw the difference with my eyes

Because football is a game of emotion? I mean duh. How long have you been watching the Ravens to ask of question....lol
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    ...browns OL looked like garbage when tygod was in there but then looked completely different once Baker HOF came into the game?

Film: if you can pitch in that would be great
    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Where and how do you find all of these Stats BPR?
    Behind PFF's pay wall...as annoying as it is.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    How many times was Taylor hit or hurried that will tell you how close the pass rush was to getting to both quarterbacks. Unfortunately, sacks are not all that meaningful. I'm also not advocating in favor of Taylor just that the comparison is unfair considering the quality of pass rush Taylor faced and that of Mayfield.

And you are right I forgot he got sacked/hit on his fumble but can you remember any others? I can't. Like I said there wasn't a defender near him most plays credit him for hitting his targets but moving forward most Qb's will be successful given the amount of time Mayfield got in the second half even the 2nd tier guys like Bortles. So I just think people need to be honest. I cab't find the data but I don't need to look up the hurries and hits I saw the difference with my eyes
    C'mon man. I don't live in CLE, I didn't go to OU, and Tyrod didn't roll-up on my girl at Va Tech. This is a hobby--from which only a small fraction of folks around here benefit--and I'm certainly not one of them. Nobody comes here to be dishonest.

I re-watched the game (with some interruptions), and I do think that the play-calling may have aided Mayfield the most---he had to execute though.

Makes me think that Tyrod (as a vet QB) and Haley were fools for staying on script after the first or second series. That said, I like to think that Haley would have adjusted at the half for Tyrod as well. Taylor's career accuracy is right inline with Joe's, but he's been sacked more frequently as a starter, so who knows.

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    ...browns OL looked like garbage when tygod was in there but then looked completely different once Baker HOF came into the game?

Film: if you can pitch in that would be great
    Thought I was the only one that seen this.