Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: 2019 top 5 Draft pick

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    But then what of BW and Pierce? The thought of drafting another DT at any point of the draft after paying BW just makes me cringe
    What about them? If we're stopping the run I'll call em up. Oliver is going to murder interior OL's ala Donald.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    What about them? If we're stopping the run I'll call em up. Oliver is going to murder interior OL's ala Donald.
    I just can't wait to get out of BWs contract and hopefully we do.

Read a great article on Nick Bosa’s flexibility regimen and his discipline and fire.

I want either Bosa, Oliver, or the number one overall WR if we are picking in the top 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Don't worry, Greg. My wife doesn't stay mad for long, and my memory isn't what it used to be, so within 24 hours neither of us will remember what happened. BTW, how did the Ravens do against the Bengals last Thursday? Only tell me if we won... Bc
    I had the Jack Daniels.

Blog Entries

I just can't wait to get out of BWs contract and hopefully we do.
    They restructured it twice already he’s not going any where for three years

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Ed Oliver is going to be an animal.
    From what I've seen Oliver should be the #1 pick in the draft.

I read an article where they were trying to come up with a pro comp for Ed Oliver. The guy they came up was Jeff Bagwell of the Houston Astros. Huh????? Bagwell had the strangest batting stance ever. It was long and low and looked more karate kid than hitter. Very unorthodox but he did get into the Hall of Fame doing things his way.

Oliver is the same kind of guy. He tried to emulate John Randle but just couldn't do it so he took the parts that worked and combined with his own stance and now it doing stuff that tough to compare to anyone. And he's doing it at the highest possible level.

Nick Bosa...

Say we had a top 5 draft pick. Who would you want?

I ask this because next draft class screams to me "all-star" players in the first 5 or so picks, followed by a bunch of randoms for the rest of the first round moreso than the last class which would be unfortunate for us if true because we usually pick middle of the pack.

Some names that come to mind:

Ed Oliver

Nick Bosa

Justin Herbert

Jonah Williams

AJ Brown

It may have to be Jonah for me but AJ Brown is incredibly tempting as we could finally have an elite WR that we actually drafted ourselves.
    Trace Macsorley!

Jk. I'd definitely consider bosa though.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I follow the college game, the pros, lots of draft analysts that I trust (no one from ESPN or anything like that, those guys don't have much of a clue) and draft analyst podcasts that I also put stock into. These are my current players and take aways.

The QB's in this draft are not going to be good.
    The wrong WR's are getting attention and the best ones are flying under the radar
    This year's OL crop is underwhelming
    DL crew is pretty darn good
    DB's are not bad but not great

Top 5:

1. Nick Bosa (Oliver is good, but this guy is better at a more impactful position. And he plays against better comp)
    2. Ed Oliver (This kid is great, he's THE interior pass rusher. uber athletic, super explosive, phenomenal first step, can track ball carriers, needs some better hand usage and needs to work on anchoring and not just penetrating)
    3. Jonah Williams (everyone thinks he's great. I think he's great at somethings and only solid in the others. Best OT prospect this year by far.)
    4. Deionte Thompson (I love what I've seen from this guy so far. He shows great range and ball skills, willing tackler, smart, instinctive, long limbed, passionate, my S #1 right now)
    5. Devin White (I actually don't like this class that much right now, and I'm only picking Devin here because he has tremendous upside, but is still too raw really be in my top 5. But this class is low on high end talent.)

Time-killing thread I suppose. It would be a disappointing season if we pick top 5 but man do we desperately need to add an elite young stud to throw a rookie contract on
    First the Ravens should go all in on Khalil Mack then the Ravens should sign Corey Coleman now what if the Ravens had a top 5 2019 draft what will you come up with next? LOL

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BRfan96 View Post
    I follow the college game, the pros, lots of draft analysts that I trust (no one from ESPN or anything like that, those guys don't have much of a clue) and draft analyst podcasts that I also put stock into. These are my current players and take aways.

The QB's in this draft are not going to be good.
    The wrong WR's are getting attention and the best ones are flying under the radar
    This year's OL crop is underwhelming
    DL crew is pretty darn good
    DB's are not bad but not great

Top 5:

1. Nick Bosa (Oliver is good, but this guy is better at a more impactful position. And he plays against better comp)
    2. Ed Oliver (This kid is great, he's THE interior pass rusher. uber athletic, super explosive, phenomenal first step, can track ball carriers, needs some better hand usage and needs to work on anchoring and not just penetrating)
    3. Jonah Williams (everyone thinks he's great. I think he's great at somethings and only solid in the others. Best OT prospect this year by far.)
    4. Deionte Thompson (I love what I've seen from this guy so far. He shows great range and ball skills, willing tackler, smart, instinctive, long limbed, passionate, my S #1 right now)
    5. Devin White (I actually don't like this class that much right now, and I'm only picking Devin here because he has tremendous upside, but is still too raw really be in my top 5. But this class is low on high end talent.)
    That is an excellent assessment of the top of this draft. Great post!

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    First the Ravens should go all in on Khalil Mack then the Ravens should sign Corey Coleman now what if the Ravens had a top 5 2019 draft what will you come up with next? LOL
    Trade for mayfield? Lol