Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ford vs Kavanugh

I will say that I love that this has dredged up all of the sexual assault and legitimate RAPE Bill Clinton has done in his lifetime and completely gotten away with all of it.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

One woman waited 35 years to make an allegation that's being denied by the witnesses SHE named.

Another woman...an elected Senator (Feinstein)...held onto this accusation for months without letting her colleagues know it existed.

And yet THEY'RE supposed to be credible sources here?????? Against a man who has a stellar record???????

I hope this load of crap that we're seeing from the Left galvanizes people to get out and VOTE in November.

What a giant fucking shit show.

It's embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    Uh...no.

Republicans will treat her with kid gloves because they don't want to be seen as harassing a sexual assault victim (the media will portray them as such anyway...)

Democrats will treat her like a hero.

The media will portray her as the courageous victim.

Her book will be available by Christmas.
    AHHAHAHHAHA

So true. So so true.

If I accuse PeterB58 of sexually assaulting me when I was 15 and the FBI doesnt investigate my claim...can I get a book deal too?

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Fallout? What fallout? She's had a thriving career and mostly fawning press coverage.
    You're right. I guess I was more thinking of the roasting she went through during the questioning.

My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    AHHAHAHHAHA

So true. So so true.

If I accuse PeterB58 of sexually assaulting me when I was 15 and the FBI doesnt investigate my claim...can I get a book deal too?
    Only if PeterB58 is a nominee for the SC.

Good Luck!

Uh...no.

Republicans will treat her with kid gloves because they don't want to be seen as harassing a sexual assault victim (the media will portray them as such anyway...)

Democrats will treat her like a hero.

The media will portray her as the courageous victim.

Her book will be available by Christmas.
    Wow, if what you think is gonna happen comes true I guess Trump is gonna have to find a new nominee huh?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I dont know if I believe her or not. It very well could have happened as she described it, but the issue is that she waited until now to do something about it and her story is inconsistent on many levels. It's just not a credible story. Kavanaugh, on the other hand, has testimony from oodles of people - including friends from high school and girls he dated in high school - that suggest he was nothing like what Ford is alleging.
    Very true. The fact of the matter is there is really no way to determine what really happened, or didn't happen after so long a period. One of the reasons why there is a statute of limitations.

What I find disgusting is that Diane Feinstein waited several months just to stall the vote. She doesn't give a shit about this woman. She was doing it to sabotage the vote. Period.
    And has managed to do what many found impossible, take our political discourse (such as it was), even lower:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...tion-hearings/

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    Wow, if what you think is gonna happen comes true I guess Trump is gonna have to find a new nominee huh?
    It is very possible. Republicans will not want to be seen as bullying a sexual harassment victim (they will - already are - get portrayed that way regardless). They will cut Kavanaugh loose in a heartbeat.

I would say it is about 50/50.

If any hint of corroborating evidence comes out, he's done.

If she testifies publicly and displays a credible demeanor...he's most likely done.

What I find disgusting is that Diane Feinstein waited several months just to stall the vote. She doesn't give a shit about this woman. She was doing it to sabotage the vote. Period.
    Agreed here, it was a dick move.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by peterb58 View Post

and has managed to do what many found impossible, take our political discourse (such as it was), even lower:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...tion-hearings/
    term.limits.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

term.limits.
    Never.Gonna.Happen

Never.Gonna.Happen
    Definitely never gonna happen on Congress' front.

It would need to be implemented by the voting public. Which also wont happen because people are too lazy. Much easier to vote for "your guy" along party lines.