Page 1 of 82 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ford vs Kavanugh

I don't believe this lady for a second.

Why would she lie about this knowing she is going to be raked across the coals by Congress?

We've seen it before with Clarence Thomas, his accuser still deals with that.

I have no doubt that Kavanaugh was trying to get laid in HS.

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    Why would she lie about this knowing she is going to be raked across the coals by Congress?
    Please. She is going to get her 15 minutes of fame and more....and profit handsomely from it.

Blog Entries

What part of her story is credible?

Both “witnesses” she named say they never saw such a thing?

Heck she can't even produce when it supposedly occurred, or where, or how she got there. She's literally has nothing to back up this claim.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    Please. She is going to get her 15 minutes of fame and more....and profit handsomely from it.
    Anita Hill is still dealing with fallout from accusing Clarence Thomas over 30 years ago...

Why would someone want that "15 minutes of infamy"?

Anita Hill is still dealing with fallout from accusing Clarence Thomas over 30 years ago...

This is not 30 years ago...

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    This is not 30 years ago...
    So you think Congress is going to treat her differently? I don't. Whether she is lying or not she is going to be roasted. I don't see why anyone would sign up for that unless they were really assaulted.

So you think Congress is going to treat her differently? I don't. Whether she is lying or not she is going to be roasted. I don't see why anyone would sign up for that unless they were really assaulted.
    Uh...no.

Republicans will treat her with kid gloves because they don't want to be seen as harassing a sexual assault victim (the media will portray them as such anyway...)

Democrats will treat her like a hero.

The media will portray her as the courageous victim.

Her book will be available by Christmas.

Fallout? What fallout? She's had a thriving career and mostly fawning press coverage.

Blog Entries

I dont know if I believe her or not. It very well could have happened as she described it, but the issue is that she waited until now to do something about it and her story is inconsistent on many levels. It's just not a credible story. Kavanaugh, on the other hand, has testimony from oodles of people - including friends from high school and girls he dated in high school - that suggest he was nothing like what Ford is alleging.

What I find disgusting is that Diane Feinstein waited several months just to stall the vote. She doesn't give a shit about this woman. She was doing it to sabotage the vote. Period.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.