Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: Baltimore is fine - Cowherd

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    I just don't think my Packers have it. They will be lucky to win 9 games. The Bucs beat Pittsburgh then I think you can crown them.
    Man, the Packers were one bullshit call away from beating a team in their house that many believe to be the best team in the league. I think the Packers will be fine. Rodgers is the ultimate X factor.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Man, the Packers were one bullshit call away from beating a team in their house that many believe to be the best team in the league. I think the Packers will be fine. Rodgers is the ultimate X factor.
    The Packers usually find ways to blow it. I expect this year to be no different.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    There was only 1 drive to compare but we have all of last season. The defense with mosley still struggles to stop the run, bring pressure and close out games. Plus, Mosley isn't guarding AJ Green.

It would not have been AS bad.. but still could have been pretty bad. We needed Jimmy out there sticking Green.
    Sure, it could have been as bad, but given we have at least one db quoted as saying they were confused and didn't know where to get set with Mosley out, and they looked confused as they covered Green, I'm going to go with that.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I agree with the basic gist of what hes saying but he did not mention how bad our OL is. WR chemistry isn't lacking.. Joe looks like hes been playing with JB for years. The blocking up front is the issue and I don't see how that situation can get better. If anything, it can get much worse if Yanda goes down.
    100 %

combine that with lack of pass rush without sending the house.... not a recipe for consistent play
    Burn it down

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    I just don't think my Packers have it. They will be lucky to win 9 games. The Bucs beat Pittsburgh then I think you can crown them.
    If you want to crown, then crown their asses!

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    Good post. The Ravens were never 3-6. They were 3-4 and 4-5 and won 5 of their last 7 to finish on the plus side of .500. The problem was it still wasn't enough to get them in the playoffs and what really concerns me is that mini-run was against a lot of teams playing backup QBs. The back half of this year's scheduled looks much more formidable and I don't think the Ravens will be able to play catch-up if they get off to another slow start. By the way, Harbaughs first half record the last 5 years:

2013: 3-5
    2014: 5-3
    2015: 2-6
    2016: 4-4
    2017: 4-4

And the 5 prior:
    2008: 5-3
    2009: 4-4
    2010: 6-2
    2011: 6-2
    2012: 6-2
    My bad re: 3-6. Good Catch.

I will say this - I don't think it was all facing Bad QB's last year. That helped our defense, no doubt. But the offense really has found itself, and I'm actually SOMEWHAT happy they retained Marty and kept continuity. We have to try to be good at something, a system, over time.

Endgame - we are a top yards and scoring offense right now. That is nice. We had some turnovers against Cinci, which isn't surprising because its always a house of horrors for us for some reason. That said, we still scoring 23 pts and came close to the upset. TELL SOMEONE TO COVER AJ GREEN!!!!!

we'll be OK if we win this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    If you want to crown, then crown their asses!
    After I read the article about Rodgers knee getting worse it was there is our season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Sure, it could have been as bad, but given we have at least one db quoted as saying they were confused and didn't know where to get set with Mosley out, and they looked confused as they covered Green, I'm going to go with that.

No doubt, they were much worse.. but im not buying into the theory that we would have locked down Mixon, AJ, and closed the game out in crunch time when that's all of the same things we struggled with last season.

Jordan Howard became this defenses daddy last season and Antonio Brown has been their daddy for years now. We have not shown that we can consistently lock down an elite WR without Jimmy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I'm not ready to crown Tampa just yet.
    Fitzmagic can turn to Fitztragic in an instant.

No doubt, they were much worse.. but im not buying into the theory that we would have locked down Mixon, AJ, and closed the game out in crunch time when that's all of the same things we struggled with last season.

Jordan Howard became this defenses daddy last season and Antonio Brown has been their daddy for years now. We have not shown that we can consistently lock down an elite WR without Jimmy.
    I'm not saying they would've locked them down either, but any scenario they don't give up 4 consecutive touchdowns could've made quite the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Fitzmagic can turn to Fitztragic in an instant.
    I see what you did there

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    I'm not saying they would've locked them down either, but any scenario they don't give up 4 consecutive touchdowns could've made quite the difference.

Yes, it could have meant a closer game.. close enough for the D to give up a game winner at the end lol.