Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Re: This is not why I watch football

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I'd legitimately rather have the QB be 2 hand touch than have these calls which the league insists are correct yet most everyone else thinks are total BS determine the outcome of games.
    We're almost already there. Honestly, the safest play seems to be a "shove" with your arms, obviously assuming you don't touch the helmet. Unfortunately for defenses, it usually takes a lot more than a shove to get a Big Ben or a Cam Newton to the ground, but "thems the rules."

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Re: This is not why I watch football

When the focus is on process rather than substance, you (the NFL) have lost.

Ozzie has been a member of the Competition Committee for, what, 15 years?
    Has he been asked 15 CC-related questions by local media?

We have someone responsible for this, someone who can explain some of this, sitting in our own backyard. Who in the media is asking him tough questions about it?

Awful call! I hate to whine but how are you supposed to tackle the QB. The NFL needs to do something about this rule and fast.

Defense isn't an obstacle; it's a prop.

It's a prop to enhance the marketability of QBs and WRs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    Awful call! I hate to whine but how are you supposed to tackle the QB. The NFL needs to do something about this rule and fast.
    What about when they made the same call on Kendricks sacking Rodgers yesterday? That one didn't bother you I"m guessing...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

The next public hero will be the man who rips the NFL during the broadcast, who tells people what a bad product it is, who advises them to tune out, who believes in something even if it means sacrificing everything.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Casual fans like high scoring games. Hardcore fans will watch no matter what (for the most part).
    I think that with any form of entertainment, hardcore fans have their place are important too -- even if they're not high in number. The people who are passionate are more likely to be drivers of the base, and will get people more excited. If your customers are only casual but high in number, that spells problems for the future, and your ability to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackmaster View Post
    I think that with any form of entertainment, hardcore fans have their place are important too -- even if they're not high in number. The people who are passionate are more likely to be drivers of the base, and will get people more excited. If your customers are only casual but high in number, that spells problems for the future, and your ability to grow.
    I've encountered more people encouraging others NOT to watch the NFL. Instead of "Join me. It's a great. You'll have fun," it's becoming, "Ugh. Don't watch that. Flag fest. Can't hit anyone. The anthem. You know it will come down to penalty, don't you?"

The game needs fans, but it also needs fanatics: cheerleaders whose intensity works like gravity attracting other people.
    Recently, the number of repellents is growing.
    Last edited by Coram_Nobis; 09-17-2018 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    What about when they made the same call on Kendricks sacking Rodgers yesterday? That one didn't bother you I"m guessing...
    It's bad all around. Like I said I hate to complain. Why try to argue about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Coram_Nobis View Post
    I've encountered more people encouraging others NOT to watch the NFL. Instead of "Join me. It's a great. You'll have fun," it's becoming, "Ugh. Don't watch that. Flag fest. Can't hit anyone. The flag. You know it will come down to penalty, don't you?"

The game needs fans, but it also needs fanatics: cheerleaders whose intensity works like gravity attracting other people.
    Recently, the number of repellents is growing.
    That's my point. By them messing with the rules, they're losing the drivers that should be working for them and not against them. I don't see people who would be obsessed with a flag football/AFL type product.

I'm in total agreement with OP here. It's truly ridiculous. They want to talk about player safety, fine! I get the targeting, and protecting the head. The whole CTE, suicide, player depression thing is serious. I get that, protect the head, call targeting when you see it etc.... But alot of this other stuff is just nonsense. And I also understand that you need to make it as black and white as possible, but at the same time there has to be some judgement calls.

I see "defenseless players" get into a crouch position to protect their midsection and ribs, which is fine, but then don't go flagging the defense for targeting and hitting a defenseless player when the player is clearly capable of defending himself and consequently putting his head risk of his own accord.

Also the refs are unjustifiably calling every ticky tack thing they see to "protect" the players. The Judon push in the back of the QB is the perfect example. It was just a little push to send the QB to the ground, it wasn't after the play or dirty or anything like that, no bad intentions, and Dalton got his sorry ass up off of the ground thinking "alright we need to punt now" A lot of these calls are just crap. More than half of the time the QB or ball carrier isn't even phased and they don't even know that there's a flag.

It really does make me sick and I do reconsider being a fan of the game altogether some times. Everyone wants offense, and points, and big plays, and highlights. But I'm a hardcore fan who loves seeing good football. Balanced on offense, balanced on defense, with some stars here and there that can do some cool things.

Unfortunately the fans, the media, and all of the other dumbasses who push for this disgustingly wimpy brand of football simply encourage these rule changes and invite more of them. As long as the NFL sees its tsunami of revenue and income continue they'll keep "giving the fans what they want".

Probably the worst part of all of this is that QB's and WR's are paid more than any other position I believe. And yet the risks are probably the smallest for those positions. You would think given how life works in fields that put your body at risk you get paid more based on how likely you are to get injured/have your career ended.
    I get why they're paid the most from the game perspective. I'm just ranting at this point.