Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 11121314 LastLast

Re: This is not why I watch football

I think its great to promote safety, but it just seems stupid and unfair to protect one position over the others. All that it does is destroy parity and help the teams that have marquee QB's. In general, parity sells tickets for all 32 teams. Dominating "evil empires" just sells tickets for 3-4 teams. If it was expected that your QB could miss time due to injuries that any position sustains, it would force teams to invest in back-ups, and you would see the top QB teams having to limp into the play-offs with 10-6 records for often with their golden missing 3-4 games at a time. I don't see the fun in letting some teams win the lottery at QB, and giving them 13-3 seasons for 15 years in a row.

Blog Entries

Judy BattistaVerified account @judybattistaFollowingFollowing
    @judybattista
    I'm told this morning a number of members of the Competition Committee are uncomfortable with the roughing the passer calls, particularly the Clay Mathews one from the Vikings game. Committee call next week, but members are unsure if anything will change this year.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

among the members are John Elway, Ozzie Newsome, Mark Murphy. All former players.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    among the members are John Elway, Ozzie Newsome, Mark Murphy. All former players.
    Rich McKay (chairman) – president, Atlanta Falcons
    John Mara – owner, New York Giants
    Stephen Jones – owner, Dallas Cowboys
    Mark Murphy – president, Green Bay Packers
    Ozzie Newsome – general manager, Baltimore Ravens
    Mike Tomlin – head coach, Pittsburgh Steelers
    John Elway – general manager, Denver Broncos
    Sean Payton – head coach, New Orleans Saints
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

something tells me these calls will quietly start to diminish. The league is not deaf

something tells me these calls will quietly start to diminish. The league is not deaf
    yeah they wont change the rule...they will just not be calling it nearly as often.
    Burn it down

As Bill Polian said on NFL Radio, it will be a change in the "point of emphasis".
    Captain Offense

Which means that a ref can pull it out of the hat at any time in a crucial situation and point to the rule as written. I don't like it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleRaven View Post
    Ray Lewis on Inside the NFL stated that he could not play in the NFL today. No wonder viewership is down.
    During the highlight reels they were playing of Lewis on Sunday, I just kept telling my dad "penalty, penalty, penalty". Basically the majority of the big hits he made in his career would be penalized in today's game.

As far as RTP, they had a meeting on the helmet rule earlier this year after all the chatter in the PS and that hasn't really been an issue at all in the regular season, certainly not to the degree it was in PS. I expect something similar coming with this as well. The rule may not change until the off-season but like Tony Dungy said on SNF, you had some great games and performances this past weekend, but the main topic of discussion as it was last week is the RTP rules. That's gonna change.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

No, but they are pretty dumb... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    Which means that a ref can pull it out of the hat at any time in a crucial situation and point to the rule as written. I don't like it.
    Bingo. It now means that when someone flops on Flacco, they won't get called for it. But if they flop on Brady....
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    yeah they wont change the rule...they will just not be calling it nearly as often.
    The rule has been on the books since 1995 - this year it was raised to a 'point of emphasis'