Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Can we talk about Ronnie Stanley?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Trying out centers. Not going to say I told you so
    Crazy they waited this long to look for OL help for an obvious problem.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I have to think that because they were able to hit a home run with Jensen that they fell into a trap of thinking they could replicate that success by developing another late round pick/UDFA as well. Without a solid center it really doesn't matter who else is on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I thought they would look for a veteran after the first game, for salary reasons. After the Bills game, maybe they developed a false view of the line. Then along came the Bengals ....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I have to think that because they were able to hit a home run with Jensen that they fell into a trap of thinking they could replicate that success by developing another late round pick/UDFA as well. Without a solid center it really doesn't matter who else is on the line.
    They're not going to find one on the street at this point. At best it's going to be similar to what they have.

Stanley is hard to put a value on because he's inconsistent. His inconsistency is way less of a problem than the Ravens interior line. Those guys move like garbage trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    FWIW, Stanley was hurt in the preseason game against the Colts and didn't play again until Week 1, so he's probably not completely recovered and still dealing with that.

https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/20...ek-2-preseason
    When did Stanley come out of the Bills game? My memory is Flacco and Yanda came out first but I could be wrong.