Thread: What happened!

What happened!

Friday night and all day yesterday I was not able to sign on to the board. My machine wasn't getting a security certificate from the forums machine?

Blog Entries

Re: What happened!

Same here. I'm just glad it's back up before Sunday's games.

Blog Entries

From what I understand someone misconfigured the site...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I got a lot of work done on Saturday ;-)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Packing for a cruise and behind the 8-ball. I was actually relieved! Thankfully, now all packed and I'm able to kick back & enjoy the banter.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I talked to TL. They had to throw a firewall up. I’ll let him explain so that I don’t say anything wrong.

Huge shoutout to The IT support on the site. When it goes down it doesn’t last long. As a daily poster and reader thank you!

"Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Hi guys. Firstly, huge apologies from the staff here for the outage. Thanks very much for hanging in there.

What happened was nothing really to do with the message board. The content side of the site which is built using Wordpress was somehow infected with pop up malware on mobile browsers, redirecting users to scammy websites and preventing the user from reading RSR content. The staff over there and at the hosting company threw up a 'firewall' for want of a better word, but basically a service that sits between you the user, and the website and checks traffic, looking for nefarious activity. Because of this, some IP addressing had to be changed and it was the configuration and propagation of those new addresses in DNS that hosed us. The issue was also complicated by SSL certificates not being recognized.

We are putting policies into place so that this kind of stuff won't happen again.

Thanks to you all for your patience. We truly appreciate you all and the community you have all built here.

Cheers and GO RAVENS!!
    Last edited by Admin Steve; 09-16-2018 at 09:42 AM.
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

Blog Entries

WordPress is always getting owned. Drupal too.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I never cease to be impressed by the efforts of this site's administrators to keep it running.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin Steve View Post
    Hi guys. Firstly, huge apologies from the staff here for the outage. Thanks very much for hanging in there.

What happened was nothing really to do with the message board. The content side of the site which is built using Wordpress was somehow infected with pop up malware on mobile browsers, redirecting users to scammy websites and preventing the user from reading RSR content. The staff over there and at the hosting company threw up a 'firewall' for want of a better word, but basically a service that sits between you the user, and the website and checks traffic, looking for nefarious activity. Because of this, some IP addressing had to be changed and it was the configuration and propagation of those new addresses in DNS that hosed us. The issue was also complicated by SSL certificates not being recognized.

We are putting policies into place so that this kind of stuff won't happen again.

Thanks to you all for your patience. We truly appreciate you all and the community you have all built here.

Cheers and GO RAVENS!!
    I don’t have a clue what any of this means.

But thank you!

"Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Friday night and all day yesterday I was not able to sign on to the board. My machine wasn't getting a security certificate from the forums machine?
    Since I passed out on the couch before halftime on Thursday, it gave me a chance to catch a replay of the game and not miss much action here. This actually worked out well for me.

Blog Entries

Unless you have the budget stuff like this is going to happen from time to time. The guys here always take care of it. It certainly won’t keep me away. I just kept on checking until it came up again. Great job Admin Steve and everyone else