Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: weddle/jefferson = waste of money

Stupid thread. Weddle and Jefferson know where to be, and we had one of best secondaries last year. 4 TDs came right after Mosley went down, once Weddle got the green dot the defense played better.

Just people looking for people to blame. Unless you got coaches film you have no idea what the safeties are doing. Stupid thread.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Yeah so I thought when they signed him, hmm Eric Weddle for one year, OK. But we are now going on year three??????
    Lol yeah man... just picking up another teams trash and making him one of our “Big 3”

Blog Entries

I didn't think either guy played that bad. Weddle couldn't run down Green and looked slow against Mixon but is that really surprising? Green is one of the best and Mixon will likely be in that convo at the end of the season. Weddle's leadership and football IQ more than make up for declining physical skills IMO.

They'll look a lot better when the front seven doesn't give the QB enough time to make a bagel in the pocket.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

I have no problem with Weddle. He led the Ravens in interceptions last year. He plays a very good center field. Leadership is an added bonus.

Jefferson needs to go next year. Now I understand why Bruce Arians made those comments about being surprised by how much we paid Tony Jefferson. The Ravens restructured him last year before he even played making him very expensive to get rid of in 2018. In 2019 it's $3+ million in savings and just dead money. By then we'll all be happy to see Jefferson go

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    Back when they were signed, the Ravens thought they were a playoff contender, and they needed to fill the gap at safety (caused by poor drafting - see WR for another example). I understood the moves at the time.

But if this season goes south, I am all for a full youth movement in the off-season (and actually, they have gotten a pretty good start on it already).
    Yes they have! So far the 2018 draft class is looking pretty good. 2017 is looking not bad either. Keep the good classes rolling in and hopefully the team elevates to contender

6. Re: weddle/jefferson = waste of money

Weddle was about an inch away from changing the momentum of the game when he stepped out of bounds on the INT in the endzone.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I have no problem with Weddle. He led the Ravens in interceptions last year. He plays a very good center field. Leadership is an added bonus.

Jefferson needs to go next year. Now I understand why Bruce Arians made those comments about being surprised by how much we paid Tony Jefferson. The Ravens restructured him last year before he even played making him very expensive to get rid of in 2018. In 2019 it's $3+ million in savings and just dead money. By then we'll all be happy to see Jefferson go
    Weddle is a Bum. I don’t care if he is in position. A safety has to tackle and enforce. Ok he may not be a bum, but he’s a bum for 6 million a year!

I think Jefferson can be really good with a creative DC...but he's not a plug and play guy.

His cap number, along with Brandon Williams are standout albatrosses when you look at the cap situation next year...no way is worth a $12.5+ million cap hit.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Bingo! Ravens signed Weddle thinking they had version 2010. Weakest part of the D' Slow, can't cover and gets steamrolled regularly. Don't tell me he is smart. If that's the case let him coach and save the $$

Blog Entries

They looked great last year; and honestly Weddle played his ass off last night. Jefferson's contract makes it a non discussion IMO

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Weddle is just washed. He still puts himself in position to be around plays but he's lost a step and many plays he just can't make anymore. Good instincts and leadership but we need a more rangey guy to play centerfield.

Jefferson is a huge disappointment. Didn't know much about him before he got here, but you guys sold me after the signing. He really hasn't done anything to stand out since he got here.

We've been so bad at safety since Reed and Pollard it's not funny. Huff, Elam, Brooks, Will Hill, Kendrick Lewis... just not good.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

12. Re: weddle/jefferson = waste of money

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Agreed. Which is why I was pissed they passed on Derwin James (and DJ Moore/Calvin Ridley) to pick up Lamar Jackson.