Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Let's Not Be Quick to Push Joe Flacco Out the Door.

Quote Originally Posted by Moe the Crow View Post
    Agree. I love LJ but I dont think he has the arm to succeed in our division.

As long as hes healthy and plays well Flacco will ultimately decide how long he plays here.
    He's been one of the worst QBs in the league for 5 years now. I'd love to see him play well for a season but his best seasons he's just been mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    I'd like to add that in 2015, as I recall, and even 2016 the Ravens had a lead in the Fourth of every game Flacco started.

In 2017, there were two or three games the Ravens didn't have a lead in the Fourth.

Even when he's not played exceptionally well, he's usually played well enough to put the Ravens in a position to win. That was even with below average weapons around him.

I hope he puts together a great couple of seasons and gives the front office a giant headache of a decision in a 2020.

I also hope LJ develops into a stud QB and holds up his part of making that a giant headache of a decision. That's a great problem for a team to have: too many great players.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Flacco was atrocious in 2015, it was the defense and special teams that were keeping the games close.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    I think there's only a few select individuals on this forum that are ready to push Flacco out the door.
    Many of us have said we wanted to see Flacco be able to play with legit weapons and solid offensive line play combined before passing complete judgement as to whether or not he should be replaced.
    Most of the Flacco supporters have also readily admitted that He was not the type of quarterback that made the receiving corp better the way a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning can/could.

The guy has proven he can more than get the job done if given the proper tools to succeed.
    Certainly the Bills game was only one game against a bad team and we shouldn't expect that type of output every week but we all saw the same thing.
    I personally plan on stocking up on some popcorn.
    It's true that if you give Flacco good weapons, a solid O-line and running game, a top 5 defense and special teams, the Ravens do pretty well.

But recent evidence shows that Case Keenum, Nick Foles, Josh McCown can perform just as well if not better under favorable circumstances. (Fitzpatrick looked great last week too, as previously mentioned).

So why are we paying Flacco $25 million for a job any journeyman can do?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenstatsman View Post
    At age 21 Flacco couldn't beat out Tyler Palko at Pitt and had to transfer to DII.

To write off Lamar Jackson at this point just reeks of bias, of what kind I'm not sure.
    Yeah and how many QBs were picked ahead of Tom Brady in the 2000 draft? Flacco haters love to bring up Tyler Palko and Pitt.

It's true that if you give Flacco good weapons, a solid O-line and running game, a top 5 defense and special teams, the Ravens do pretty well.

But recent evidence shows that Case Keenum, Nick Foles, Josh McCown can perform just as well if not better under favorable circumstances. (Fitzpatrick looked great last week too, as previously mentioned).

So why are we paying Flacco $25 million for a job any journeyman can do?
    The defense in 2012 was nowhere near top 5, more like top 20.

At age 21 Flacco couldn't beat out Tyler Palko at Pitt and had to transfer to DII.

To write off Lamar Jackson at this point just reeks of bias, of what kind I'm not sure.
    Delaware isn’t D2. It’s D 1 AA. Just like North Dakota St where Wentz came from. He actually left Pitt cause the coaches weren’t gonna give him the chance to beat Palko. Joe’s a gamer. Wanted to play and start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TheRaven52 View Post
    The defense in 2012 was nowhere near top 5, more like top 20.
    Yea. That's everyone's go to thing when you try to give credit to Joe for that SB run which is completely false. Didn't the cowboys run for about 250 yards on us?

Joe didn't win it by himself, everyone knows this, but some people people want to treat him like dilfer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Flacco was atrocious in 2015, it was the defense and special teams that were keeping the games close.
    Two names, Marc Tressman and Juan Castillo. That’s is all that needs to be said.

Blog Entries

Lmfao how many fucking leads were blown in 2015 bwahahahaha

Blog Entries

Let's Not Be Quick to Push Joe Flacco Out the Door.

I mean what qb wouldn’t get it done with this group?

Who the F was J. Ross?

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Lmfao how many fucking leads were blown in 2015 bwahahahaha

2015 was a synchronized dumpster fire all around. Lets not anyone speak of that season

Blog Entries

I've always been on the Flacco bandwagon and never got off. He's a top 10 quarterback and I'll argue that all day. It's no secret since Boldin and Torry Smith left Joe has no one to throw to except Steve Smith. Lamar Jackson is a looooooonnngg way away from being in Joe's class. That's no knock on him. He's a rookie and accurate throws from the pocket aren't his thing. My guess is Joe has 5 good years in him.