Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

electronic ticket/scalping question

This new system of electronic tickets seems to discourage scalping - Wouldn't the Ravens want those people actually IN the stadium spending money and supporting their team - rather than mass empty seats?

How would it even work? You hand the scalper 100 bucks and he promises to email you the tickets?

this is just one of the MANY reasons why I hate the new electronic tickets (we actually called and got paper tickets)

Re: electronic ticket/scalping question

I thought the entire process slowed things down at the gate as well

its also crazy expensive to list the tix for sale.

nfl tix exchange charges the seller a fee and the buyer...

a $5 ticket is listed as $7 and the buyer has to pay another $3.

with a paper tix I can have my neighbors cousin kid grab the tix and thats that.
    Every has to log into this ticketmaster system.

awful!
    I hate it!

at least allow the option for folks to print out tickets!

Guys - in terms of selling before gameday, nothing has changed. You can sell on ebay with limited fees and then transfer tickets to the person in question. I did this last year buying tickets for Ravens @ Pittsburgh.

It does hurt gameday scalping for sure. I'm not sure how that would work. But i'm not sure the prior system was trustworthy or effective either. I've twice bought counterfeit tickets that were perfect knockoffs.

I get confused how someone can create an account on a web server, log into account, be an active online participant, yet e-tickets is some type of great hurdle in 2018? Not like they did this in 1996.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciurca View Post
    I get confused how someone can create an account on a web server, log into account, be an active online participant, yet e-tickets is some type of great hurdle in 2018? Not like they did this in 1996.
    how would it work on GAME DAY which is when a lot people try to buy and sell tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post

with a paper tix I can have my neighbors cousin kid grab the tix and thats that.

awful!
    I hate it!
    exactly !

Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post

awful!
    I hate it!
    It’s no different. NFL Ticket Exchange always charged a premium, even with paper tickets.

But if you want to give them to your neighbor, you don’t even need to get off the couch. You just click ‘Share’ from the Manage My Tickets section on the app. It really couldn’t be any easier.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    how would it work on GAME DAY which is when a lot people try to buy and sell tickets?
    If I'm a scalper I'd have to print the tickets before I hit the street (assuming I had the tickets) or get your email address to forward them to you, or vice versa. I don't know how else it would be done.

If I'm giving them to my neighbor I log into my Ravens app and send them to his email and he claims them. Very easy.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    If I'm a scalper I'd have to print the tickets before I hit the street (assuming I had the tickets) or get your email address to forward them to you, or vice versa. I don't know how else it would be done.

If I'm giving them to my neighbor I log into my Ravens app and send them to his email and he claims them. Very easy.
    Or you can take a screen shot and text it to them.

The system is clearly designed to discourage scalping. I don't see anything wrong in that.