Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Off duty Police officer mistakenly enters wrong home and kills the occupant

Who would want a job where you risk your life every day, arrest someone who commits a crime, and thanks to the liberal court systems, see the perpetrator back on the street the very next day? I sure would not and it has to be frustrating for the law abiding police officers left in this country. Let alone the city mayors and State's Attorneys like Baltimore's who don't have their own officers back. There are lots of better paying, less stressful and dangerous jobs out there.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Who would want a job where you risk your life every day, arrest someone who commits a crime, and thanks to the liberal court systems, see the perpetrator back on the street the very next day? I sure would not and it has to be frustrating for the law abiding police officers left in this country. Let alone the city mayors and State's Attorneys like Baltimore's who don't have their own officers back. There are lots of better paying, less stressful and dangerous jobs out there.
    yep. That's how I see it.

LEO's are putting other people's lives in front of their own and then those same people hate them for it.

No. Thank. You.

The types of people that will take that job are what I call..."post office employees." People who are indifferent...don't care...and clock in, clock out and see the gig as nothing more than a way to pay the rent.

Blog Entries

some are those types. There are still a lot of people drawn to it for other reaons. a lot of former military find familiarity within it. I wouldnt suggest those are just looking to punch a clock, but they also may not have the right disposition for being a good LEO, despite some similarities.

you bring up supply/demand. Theres other jobs out there that are drawing away people from Police, that simply put, dont risk your life. That has nothing to do with the media's reporting, its a side effect of a better economy and slower rise in pay within that field compared to others.
    -JAB

She should be under the jail? How are you going to kill someone for being in your house, when in fact they are in their own crib. She needs to go ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Theres other jobs out there that are drawing away people from Police, that simply put, dont risk your life. That has nothing to do with the media's reporting, its a side effect of a better economy and slower rise in pay within that field compared to others.
    true

The issue I notice about a lot of the jobs like police officers or teacher or that so many people are bad at the job that when someone comes in that wants to do the job well they're driven out.

I was a teacher for a year and my students were well behaved compared to my other colleagues' classes. Their reading level increased by two grades in half a year which was the highest jump in the school.

And yet still while my principal wanted me, I had to answer to another boss who ran my department. She made it her purpose to get me fired or seen as incompent. While she ended up being fired at the end of the year, I left the BCPSS to avoid more politics like that.

Those types of jobs are low paying but they are rewarding when done right. But the reward is a sense of helping your fellow man or bettering yourself. Sadly as a teacher I have seen that people are no longer taught to see these things as a reward. They only want material items.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The_Violent_Katt View Post
    The issue I notice about a lot of the jobs like police officers or teacher or that so many people are bad at the job that when someone comes in that wants to do the job well they're driven out.

I was a teacher for a year and my students were well behaved compared to my other colleagues' classes. Their reading level increased by two grades in half a year which was the highest jump in the school.

And yet still while my principal wanted me, I had to answer to another boss who ran my department. She made it her purpose to get me fired or seen as incompent. While she ended up being fired at the end of the year, I left the BCPSS to avoid more politics like that.

Those types of jobs are low paying but they are rewarding when done right. But the reward is a sense of helping your fellow man or bettering yourself. Sadly as a teacher I have seen that people are no longer taught to see these things as a reward. They only want material items.
    Can I ask a question? Are you a male?
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Ill add to that last post.

ferguson is one that people continually point to as an example of a media lie. ok. that particular incident has been pointed to as a turning point, a jump-off for BLM and this entire issue shedding light on it. National Media coverage.

however, that completely ignores the entire lead up to that incident and why Feguson was a powder keg ready to go off in the first place. This wasnt one incident that the media got wrong, it was a ton of smaller incidents that got people to their breaking point, that you never hear about, to this day. you listen to some of those people interviewed after it. They may be wrong about that incident but almost all of them said some form of "this has been happening for years". TO me its that accumulative effect, not necessarily covered by media, that were seeing blow up and now be covered. it was there prior. growing and perpetuating all the same.

were to focused on the aftermath to see the root cause.
    Great perspective.

I'm glad folks here are owning up to the fact there are some people who don't have the disposition to be cops. More than likely, these are the cops who we hear about on the news that feel threatened/scared and make snap decisions to kill.

And I guess to everyone's point, since it's hard to find good candidates or replacements, they keep these bad apples in place. That's why you hear that one who gets fired at spot A, gets rehired and spot B.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Damn.

Benjamin Crump? This isn't good.

The line in the sand is now officially drawn. Be prepared for a lot of..."Us against them"...We're under attack"..."They want to kill us"...etc, etc, etc. Despite this looking like nothing but an unfortunate and tragically awful accident, Crump will push the rhetoric. He gets paid to do this.

Remember this story? https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/u...-media-reacted

The perp probably deserved what he got in this instance but...the media didn't react to this story the way they do when the circumstances are reversed. It's apparent why. The easiest way to divide us is along racial lines (black/oppressed against white/privileged) and they won't miss out on a chance to do so with the Botham Jean story. I believe it was Rahm Emmanuel who said..."never let a good tragedy go to waste." Rahm and his lobbying firm certainly dont.
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 09-11-2018 at 10:02 AM.

Blog Entries

Why would a warrant be issued to search his phone and laptop?