Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2324252627 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Off duty Police officer mistakenly enters wrong home and kills the occupant

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Its written by a fox news writer (you can find him on their website). MSN is merely publishing it as is. theyre not allowed to alter a story when posting it from another source, or claim it as their own, that would fall under plagiarism and/or copyright laws. they needed his/fox permission to post it legally.

Id agree with the last sentiment. its still wrong. The mom has asked the question if race was a factor and some clearly want to attach it to it, but its not an issue in this case otherwise. Its poorly written because of that. Not trying to defend them, but you could argue that a fraction of the population do believe this was racially motivated, even without support for it. when "reporting", it gets a little gray in how you describe it. this article seems to take that minor view and pass it along as the popular view, thats the issue. adding the qualifier "some" in relation to those that think its racially motivated, would clarify and make it much more inline with reality.
    Found at bottom of article:
    Fox News’ Katherine Lam and the Associated Press contributed to this report.
    Just an FYI.

Blog Entries

Re: Off duty Police officer mistakenly enters wrong home and kills the occupant

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Found at bottom of article:
    Fox News’ Katherine Lam and the Associated Press contributed to this report.
    Just an FYI.
    True and I saw that, but thats not the same as citing a source or co-writer.

"A contributor is a person who may have provided purely technical help or writing assistance or could be a department chair who provided only general support."

when you say "it's tough to say who wrote what", im just pointing out that he wrote it. Hes responsible for it. theyd be listed as a co-writer or referenced/quoted as a source if their contributions were content.
    -JAB

3. Re: Off duty Police officer mistakenly enters wrong home and kills the occupant

Its written by a fox news writer (you can find him on their website). MSN is merely publishing it as is. theyre not allowed to alter a story when posting it from another source, or claim it as their own, that would fall under plagiarism and/or copyright laws. they needed his/fox permission to post it legally.

Id agree with the last sentiment. its still wrong. The mom has asked the question if race was a factor and some clearly want to attach it to it, but its not an issue in this case otherwise. Its poorly written because of that. Not trying to defend them, but you could argue that a fraction of the population do believe this was racially motivated, even without support for it. when "reporting", it gets a little gray in how you describe it. this article seems to take that minor view and pass it along as the popular view, thats the issue. adding the qualifier "some" in relation to those that think its racially motivated, would clarify and make it much more inline with reality.
    I believe it's poorly written for a number of reasons, not just the one reason you stated. It's like a couple of hacks put it together, perhaps while simultaneously doing shots of Wild Turkey 101.

Blog Entries

I believe it's poorly written for a number of reasons, not just the one reason you stated. It's like a couple of hacks put it together, perhaps while simultaneously doing shots of Wild Turkey 101.
    Id agree. Its poorly written and that was only one example. Im not particularly aware of Ryan Gaydos, whether he has split personalities or his drinking habits. :)
    -JAB

5. Re: Off duty Police officer mistakenly enters wrong home and kills the occupant

Here's an update on this case. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ex-dallas...-by-grand-jury
    Last edited by blueridgemtnman; 11-30-2018 at 04:46 PM.

Blog Entries

Here's an update on this case. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ex-dallas...-by-grand-jury
    Thanks for the update, I recently was searching for news on the Arizona father case and came up empty so Im glad theyre continuing with this one to some degree.
    -JAB

7. Re: Off duty Police officer mistakenly enters wrong home and kills the occupant

I saw a blurb this morning about this case. I believe it said the trial was about to begin.

Blog Entries

I saw a blurb this morning about this case. I believe it said the trial was about to begin.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fo...ins/ar-AAHGv6r

some of the newer information coming out was that she was texting/sexting right before the incident apparently. suggesting she wasnt paying attention, on top of the multitude of other examples of her clearly not paying attention to her surroundings.

its expected to take 2 weeks. I still dont see murder, not sure how that will play out. manslaughter still makes more sense to me and I just dont see much of a leg to stand on here. She made a lot of mistakes leading up to that mans death.

the whole texting lead up of this, which is in question FTR, reminds me of those videos of people walking into doors, poles, and fountains while being on their phones. are we really going to make an argument in defense of that behavior? I cant defend that as reasonable.
    -JAB

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fo...ins/ar-AAHGv6r

some of the newer information coming out was that she was texting/sexting right before the incident apparently. suggesting she wasnt paying attention, on top of the multitude of other examples of her clearly not paying attention to her surroundings.

its expected to take 2 weeks. I still dont see murder, not sure how that will play out. manslaughter still makes more sense to me and I just dont see much of a leg to stand on here. She made a lot of mistakes leading up to that mans death.

the whole texting lead up of this, which is in question FTR, reminds me of those videos of people walking into doors, poles, and fountains while being on their phones. are we really going to make an argument in defense of that behavior? I cant defend that as reasonable.
    If there was ever a time to make an example of someone for “not paying attention because of texting”...this is it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    If there was ever a time to make an example of someone for “not paying attention because of texting”...this is it.
    I don't think she should get anymore or less punishment based on this if she's found guilty of something.

Seems like negligent homicide to me.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I don't think she should get anymore or less punishment based on this if she's found guilty of something.
    Of course