Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 313233

Thread: Coachwatch

Blog Entries

Re: Coachwatch

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    James Urban to WR coach then David Lee to QBs coach?
    John Morton WRs coach....just spit balling connect the dots w/ former guys that Greg coached with

According to Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun Sentinel, Patriots WRs coach Chad O'Shea is viewed as the front-runner for the Dolphins' offensive coordinator position.

Soon-to-be-announced Dolphins coach Brian Flores is in the beginning stages of assembling his coaching staff and the hope is that O'Shea will follow him to Miami. The 46-year-old was also in the running for Detroit's offensive coordinator position this offseason, though ultimately the Lions hired former Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell to replace Jim Bob Cooter. O'Shea has coached receivers in Foxboro since 2009.

3. Re: Coachwatch

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Cowboys fired OC Scott Linehan.

This ends his five-year run in Dallas. The Cowboys were initially expected to retain Linehan, but obviously they had a change of heart. "This was not an easy decision because of how highly we regard Scott Linehan as a football coach and as a person," said coach Jason Garrett in a statement Friday. "He is an outstanding football coach, a great friend and we wish him and his family nothing but the absolute best moving forward." Garrett said the decision to part ways was mutual, but in reality, the Cowboys have been looking at outside OC candidates for the past several days. Outside of the always reliable Ezekiel Elliott and a late-season surge from Amari Cooper, the Cowboys' offense was nothing special this year. Ultimately, Dak Prescott should benefit from a more creative play-caller.
    And we thought Harbs could talk some shit.

Blog Entries

The WSJ had a detailed article today about the Rams hiring McVay. They did an incredible amount of research layered with analytics. Do defensive or offensive coaches fare better? Age, background, hobbies etc and came to the conclusion that it’s a crap shoot and most finish around 500
    On young coaches it seemed most were Madden, Gruden good or Lane Kiffin bad. Not many in between.

Fascinating story. I’ll post the link but there is a paywall for a couple of days

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Fascinating story. I’ll post the link but there is a paywall for a couple of days
    Would love to read it, when it's available.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Would love to read it, when it's available.
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/inside-...s&page=1&pos=1

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
    1m1 minute ago
    More
    Jerry Jones is not expected to extend the contract of Cowboys’ HC Jason Garrett, short or long term, as he now enters the final year of his contract, per @toddarcher.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
    1m1 minute ago
    More
    Jerry Jones is not expected to extend the contract of Cowboys’ HC Jason Garrett, short or long term, as he now enters the final year of his contract, per @toddarcher.
    That seems quite odd...how often do coaches actually get to "lame duck" status?

I know there is a healthy Harbs-hating contingent here, but how the hell has Garrett lasted this long???
    I like to keep track of their records because he was the Ravens 1st choice in 2008, but didn't become HC until 2010:

Jason Garrett - 77-59 regular season, 2-3 postseason

2 losing seasons
    3 8-8 seasons
    1 9-7 season
    3 division titles

John Harbaugh - 104-72 regular season, 10-6 postseason

1 losing season
    2 8-8 seasons
    1 9-7 season that missed the playoffs, 1 9-7 that made the playoffs
    3 division titles
    3 AFCCG and 1 Super Bowl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    That seems quite odd...how often do coaches actually get to "lame duck" status?

I know there is a healthy Harbs-hating contingent here, but how the hell has Garrett lasted this long???
    I like to keep track of their records because he was the Ravens 1st choice in 2008, but didn't become HC until 2010:

Jason Garrett - 77-59 regular season, 2-3 postseason

2 losing seasons
    3 8-8 seasons
    1 9-7 season
    3 division titles

John Harbaugh - 104-72 regular season, 10-6 postseason

1 losing season
    2 8-8 seasons
    1 9-7 season that missed the playoffs, 1 9-7 that made the playoffs
    3 division titles
    3 AFCCG and 1 Super Bowl
    In the NFL it happens a lot more than people think. Mike Zimmer is also a lame duck coach this year

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    In the NFL it happens a lot more than people think. Mike Zimmer is also a lame duck coach this year
    Now THAT's weird, I think Zimmer has done great there.

Hell, Cousins is probably going to get him fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    I have always believed that Jerrah has held onto Garrett out of pure stubbornness. He didn't want to cut him loose so long as we kept Harbs, because it would be admitting that he made a mistake. He blundered into us getting a SB-winning HC; he's been trying to face it down ever since, acting all "I got a great coach too, see!!" In my scenario, Jerrah would only want to fire Garrett one year after the Ravens parted ways with Harbs.

But then Biscuit & Harbs renewed their vows last week. Then yesterday DeCosta professed his devotion. Stubbornness is one thing: but now it seems like Jerrah would be stuck with Garrett for the rest of his life. Enough is enough. On to plan C.

Profile of new Phins coach:

The unsurprising rise of Brian Flores
    https://sports.yahoo.com/rise-brian-...042515678.html

Tanier highlights Flores, their new GM, and the plan to ditch Tannehill, as evidence of them finally starting to build something:

Dolphins Might Finally Have a Plan to Get Them to Stop Swimming in Circles
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ing-in-circles