Page 4 of 176 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: 2018 Season Around The League Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I didn't even realize Nassib was cut. Too bad he didn't fall to us. I would have made that waiver claim.
    I think they cut Nate Orchard too.

Earl Thomas to report to Seahawks after trade with Dallas fails to materialize.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    Earl Thomas to report to Seahawks after trade with Dallas fails to materialize.
    Report: Cowboys offered second-rounder for Earl Thomas in last week
    Posted by Josh Alper on September 5, 2018, 12:04 PM EDT

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-in-last-week/

but wait, there's more :

Earl Thomas reporting to Seahawks today
    Posted by Darin Gantt on September 5, 2018, 12:24 PM EDT

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...eahawks-today/

... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Report: Cowboys offered second-rounder for Earl Thomas in last week
    Posted by Josh Alper on September 5, 2018, 12:04 PM EDT

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-in-last-week/

but wait, there's more :

Earl Thomas reporting to Seahawks today
    Posted by Darin Gantt on September 5, 2018, 12:24 PM EDT

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...eahawks-today/

... Bc
    If I'm the Seahawks I take that second rounder. While still only 29, Earl Thomas hasn't been able to stay healthy and another 2nd round pick might help them, y'know, build an offensive line so Wilson isn't running for his life every play.

I'm a bit surprised the trade didn't happen.
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaniacx View Post
    If I'm the Seahawks I take that second rounder. While still only 29, Earl Thomas hasn't been able to stay healthy and another 2nd round pick might help them, y'know, build an offensive line so Wilson isn't running for his life every play.

No brainer take the 2nd. what are they waiting on, they're not going to pay the man and it's a rebuilding team anyway

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaniacx View Post

agree...also, the seahawks are not contenders, they need to rebuild. Earl Thomas doesnt help you do that
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    This is my honest opinion, but I believe Bell is going to have a reality check really early in the season.

I truly believe Conner can do near as well as him. What does Bell do great? Everyone commends him for his hesitation on runs. What else? He is a good pass catcher. But it stops there. He isn’t all that fast. Probably one of the slowest backs in the league.

I believe his agent is leading him down the wrong path. I would play the entire year and show my value. With how good the Steelers line is, and all of their skilled position players, like others here have said, anyone could look good behind that.

Bell is going to find out quick what a stupid decision he made when other RB’s are doing well in that offense. It is going to severely hurt his value when other GM’s see that low round RB’s are doing great in that offense, also.

Edit: I wanted to look at Conners preseason stats. I believe Conners one knock last year was being able to catch the ball out of the backfield. In the Steelers 3rd preseason game, Conner played a quarter and a half and caught 6 of 6 catches for 52 yards.

Blog Entries

2018 Season Around The League Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    This is my honest opinion, but I believe Bell is going to have a reality check really early in the season.

I truly believe Conner can do near as well as him. What does Bell do great? Everyone commends him for his hesitation on runs. What else? He is a good pass catcher. But it stops there. He isn’t all that fast. Probably one of the slowest backs in the league.

I believe his agent is leading him down the wrong path. I would play the entire year and show my value. With how good the Steelers line is, and all of their skilled position players, like others here have said, anyone could look good behind that.

Bell is going to find out quick what a stupid decision he made when other RB’s are doing well in that offense. It is going to severely hurt his value when other GM’s see that low round RB’s are doing great in that offense, also.

Edit: I wanted to look at Conners preseason stats. I believe Conners one knock last year was being able to catch the ball out of the backfield. In the Steelers 3rd preseason game, Conner played a quarter and a half and caught 6 of 6 catches for 52 yards.
    He doesn’t want to be rode into the ground with 400 touches again this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    No brainer take the 2nd. what are they waiting on, they're not going to pay the man and it's a rebuilding team anyway

You are clearly correct, but ohhhh what a tough pill to swallow for the cocky Carroll.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post

If he wants to get paid the kind of money he is demanding, he's going to have to saddle up and go for that ride. If Conner comes even remotely close to what Bell was doing, his value will drop big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post

I wouldn’t either but he still has a massive amount of wear and tear and is near the end of his career in terms of RB life spans. And wherever he goes next will probably be a basement dweller and a horrible FO who thinks paying an old RB that money will make them better. It all starts from the trenches back and it’s always been like that. He thinks he’s going to be as good with the Jets or wherever as he is with the Steelers, he’s going to find out quickly he’s not.

Just seems like the typical me first type guy that’s just concerned about the money.