Page 58 of 176 FirstFirst ... 5657585960 ... LastLast

Re: 2018 Season Around The League Thread

Devonte Freeman is going to be placed on IR. One less guy to worry about when we go down there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Devonte Freeman is going to be placed on IR. One less guy to worry about when we go down there.
    Falcons placing RB Devonta Freeman on injured reserve :

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...njured-reserve

We don't play the Falcons (in Atlanta) until December 2nd, so there are quite a few weeks until then. Coach Dan Quinn said, "We are hopeful he will be able to return this season, but we will have a better feel for that in the coming weeks."

... Bc

3. Re: 2018 Season Around The League Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    I'm not sure that prosecution is really the best way to go. I tweeted immediately after I saw it that fan should be thrown out and it was a reflection of the Patriots team. He was obviously wrong and is banned from Gillette for life. But he threw a beer on a guy who seems a bit petty for doing this. The response seems disproportionate, but maybe other stuff is going on we don't know about. I'm also a bit biased against the pregnant woman puncher.
    In those type of situations. There's no telling what is in the beer. Someone may try to piss in the beer. Maybe something gets in his eye. Maybe he's on the move and the tossed drink effects his vision and he falls, injuring himself and others. When you don't establish a hard line on these things, there's going to be somebody else trying it and the results will be worse. If you throw a beer at someone on the street, you get arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Falcons placing RB Devonta Freeman on injured reserve :

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...njured-reserve

We don't play the Falcons (in Atlanta) until December 2nd, so there are quite a few weeks until then. Coach Dan Quinn said, "We are hopeful he will be able to return this season, but we will have a better feel for that in the coming weeks."

... Bc
    big blow, I know Tevin Coleman gets a lot of love, but honestly I think that mostly based on Madden more so than real life production
    Burn it down

No suspension for the Burfict hit on Brown

Worthlessburger claims Burfict called out Ju-Ju after the hit and told him he was next.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Ohio State DE Nick Bosa withdrew from school to focus on rehab and getting ready for the NFL Draft.

Bosa has been sidelined the last several weeks with a core-muscle injury which required surgery. He was expected to return this season, especially with Ohio State in the playoff mix, but he has decided to focus on draft prep instead. There is obviously a long way to go, but Bosa is squarely in the No. 1 overall pick conversation. Joey Bosa, Nick's older brother, went third overall in the 2016 draft.
    People this is huge. It deserves its own thread. I see a trend coming

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

7. Re: 2018 Season Around The League Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    The NCAA has gotten away with bloody murder for years, treating this as a business. Now, the players are starting to treat it the same.

Blog Entries

Ereck Flowers thinks Jacksonville’s a “better fit” :

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-a-better-fit/

... Bc

"Dang millennials, trying to maximize their earnings! This isnt Fair!"

Kids are smarter every generation, like it or not. The elite players in college are tired of NCAA being a professional league masquerading as an amateur sport
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon King Onaga View Post
    The NCAA has gotten away with bloody murder for years, treating this as a business. Now, the players are starting to treat it the same.
    Yup. I applaud these moves. For the Top o' the Class types, there's no meaningful (i.e., non-emotional) downside whatsoever.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

The NCAA made this bed. Honestly it will only be the truly elite prospects like Bosa doing this but they're still going to start losing their stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon King Onaga View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    "Dang millennials, trying to maximize their earnings! This isnt Fair!"

Kids are smarter every generation, like it or not. The elite players in college are tired of NCAA being a professional league masquerading as an amateur sport
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The NCAA made this bed. Honestly it will only be the truly elite prospects like Bosa doing this but they're still going to start losing their stars.
    So why is this the NCAA's fault? Giving the players a league to prepare themselves for the NFL, who is the group that won't allow players to join for 3 years after HS?