Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Colin Kaepernick to be face of Nike's 'Just Do it' campaign

CK has apparently been getting paid millions by Nike since 2011 and is gonna make waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more money under his new contract as a Nike spokesmen then he ever would have made as a backup QB.

The idea that he "sacrificed everything" is comical.

He put himself out of the league and then leveraged his politics into a lucrative gig with Nike. This isnt exactly what martyrdom looks like folks.

Quote Originally Posted by El Fanatico Chupa View Post
    Sorry I totally disagree.

A loss is a loss. I don't see how this clowns antics are going to create some product line that will offset the sales of those with whom they do lose. Just don't see it.

Those hard working older white people you so speak of are the ones who buy those jordans for their children or grand children or maybe that Hurley shirt you say. They might choose to spend their money on other products like Under Armour.

I hope Nike has Major revenue losses over this, it would be deserving of them pandering to this fake movement.
    You're acting like it's only that older demographic that buys Nike products though. I know people that have a room full of Nike shoes. And not just standard shoes. I'm talking $300+ basketball shoes. Someone buying a $300 pair of Jordans is going to offset that person refusing to spend $18 on a t-shirt, or $60 on standard shoes.

I honestly think most people that buy Nike products don't really care about the Kaepernick issue.

The poster formerly known as Ex made a great point. People aren't/weren't boycotting Nike over slave labor, but all of a sudden they're going to boycott because they have and ad featuring Kaepernick? Kaepnerick who by the way has been endorsed by Nike since 2011.

Donate your Nike gear to Homeless Veterans instead of burning or trashing them.

The face of Under Armour says he's not visiting the WH.
    Puma has Jay-z as ambassador who backs Kap.
    Addidas has many rappers as spokesmen who support Kap.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
    Nonsense! I will burn items I've spent my hard earned money. That'll teach Nike!

Most of these people burning/trashing their Nike gear are doing it for shock value and attention. Just like the lunatic fans that burn jerseys when a player leaves.

6. Re: Colin Kaepernick to be face of Nike's 'Just Do it' campaign

Man, Jordan can stop making a shoe, only to bring it back fifteen years later and the line will be around the block hours before Foot Locker can even open, to spend $300 on it. That actually happened some years back with one of the pairs from his second three peat. Either the 96's or the 97's.

That is a ridiculous. You want to throw shade at people who have made videos burning his jersey and call them lunatics who are only doing it for the shock and awe value yet you seem to defend this classless, racist idiot who is getting paid millions based on a false narrative? How do you not see the irony in your own statement?

Joe schmo from Omaha Nebraska is a lunatic for making a video based on actual true beliefs and that's wrong.

But a Racist ass bag like Krapernick Is public figure and uses every camera to spread his racist propaganda which again is completely and 100% (false and made up ) but he is some kind of hero crusading against the wrongs in this country? LOL Sorry we will never see eye to eye on this fucking assbag.
    Notice I said "burn jerseys when a player leaves". I never singled out those that burned Kaepernick jerseys. I said it when Cleveland fans burned LeBron's jersey the first time he left.

There you go again accusing me of defending Kaepernick. How many times do I have to say I don't agree with the majority of what he's said/done?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...or-nike-so-far

In less than 24 hours since Kaepernick first revealed the spot on Twitter, Nike received more than $43 million worth of media exposure, the vast majority of it neutral to positive, according to Apex Marketing Group

Yeah Nike is going to be just fine

No its not wrong.

Attendance is down, viewership is down across the country. I would be willing to bet apparel sales are down as well but I don't truly know the numbers on that.
    Only tiny part of it is due to protests

Why?

I bet you believe everything you read in the news right? LOL

What is hilarious with it all is the aspect no one has mentioned yet. Here is goes.

Dumbass#1 Colin Krapernick today is the Face of Nike. Recently Nike just reported back in June a major sales rebound and strong forecast moving towards 2019 which is largely in parts due to economic growth and who is the person who generally gets the credit for economic growth while in office? Hmmm Could it be Trump?

So how is that not ironic? Nike sales rebound this year in part of Trump, and now you make this Racist dirtbag the face of your company and he is the Hero in the story? LOL seriously the Jerry Springer writers couldn't come up with shit funnier than this.
    Typical "fake news" response. Didn't you post a link earlier talking about a 3% loss? You can't believe everything you read in the news right?

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Why?
    Shiow support to Vets that are "supposedly" offended.

Shiow support to Vets that are "supposedly" offended.
    And that does what to Nike?