Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I wrong?

Re: Am I wrong?

What did I learn on this thread? Wicked deleted me from Facebook!
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    What did I learn on this thread? Wicked deleted me from Facebook!
    I have my business on Facebook, but that’s it. I deleted everyone.

Just got tired of the nonstop hysteria and outrage.

Now, my Facebook is nothing but woodworking groups and Facebook marketplace where I buy/sell tools and things I make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by El Fanatico Chupa View Post
    My man. You must have been reading my mind last few days.

I have been selling stuff on Craigslist, Offerup, EBAY, Facebook Marketplace for almost 20 years. With Craigslist being the longest. Just last week I cleaned up and old laptop and Small LCD TV sitting around my house not being used and listed for sale. On the laptop which is used valued at $150-$225 right now used on EBAY. I listed it for sale for $100 on bunch of sites. Damn if off Facebook marketplace I got about 70+ messages within 2-3 days. Almost all were Mexican or Indians people. Half were in Spanish, luckily I speak intermediate Spanish. Here is a word of advice especially with Mexicans. NONE WILL EVER offer to pay you your full price even if your asking price is low which mine already was. They usually start by offering you half price. I have personally been a douchbag about it and asked them why do you automatically offer half price from the start and they by culture do it with everything. Its like there is never a set price, they automatically try and haggle you. Its a way of life with them. I've had co workers admit this to me personally.

So no, you are not wrong. If we are in the used to be GOOD OLD USA then they should be sending you the message in the ENGLISH language. If this was a sale being conducted in Tijuana then you should be asking them in Spanish.

One of the morons, this guy was Indian. He sends me a message asking if its still available and literally not even 3 minutes later he sends me another message asking me (why I haven't responded yet)? LOL. I have ZERO FILTER for idiots. So I not so politely told him what a dumb mother fu**er he was and because of him I was now going to keep the laptop and give it to my nephew.

I know all the ins and outs of selling online. I can immediately tell when someone is bullshitting me, wasting my time etc... so anytime you have questions feel free to ask me.

I have seen and experience some dumb shit from people. Almost unbelievable. I will list some stories below for learning and or comic relief. ALL are 100% true.

Craigslist deals:
    -I traded a bunch of Trex Decking I got for free. About $3000 worth for a Nissan Pathfinder. Only to give the damn SUV to a friend of my wife who fell on hard times for nothing.

- I had a free 27" LCD TV given to me by relative. traded the TV for a treadmill that was for sale for $100, traded the treadmill to a guy for a Bowflex Treadclimber brand new worth over $2000. All within an hours time span. Guy traded me the Bowflex which I love because it was too hard on his knees.

-I hammered at a guy for almost a month on this trade. Guy was selling a 1 1/2 carat white old diamond wedding band set with paperwork appraised at $3700. He was asking $2000 cash. I traded him a brand new Remington 270 caliber rifle worth about $350 and $300 cash for the ring. My wife wanted a new set, she wanted to switch from gold to white old and it was no brainer. Guy gave in and took the deal.

-Offerup ghetto lady learning experience: Like 3 years ago, I was selling my sons car collection, he had like every Disney character from the CARS movie and he was getting into star wars and Marvel figures more. So I asked him if he wanted to sell his cars, he could do that put the money into new toys and he was ok with it. So I put an ad on Offer up for $75 for the entire Lot. It was a cheap deal easily worth double that. This Hood rat woman asked me to deliver the car lot to her in Washington DC (like hour drive) and I of course declined. She then wanted me to meet her at Marc train stop in like Greenbelt which again was too far. Too far and she only offered me $40. So I was polite and said no thanks I just don't have the time to drive that far. Well this hood rat replied with all this racist ignorant shit blaming me for her uneducated ass not owning a car, not wanting to take half the price and deliver to her entitled ass.

Well the next day, I created fake profile (Dees Nuts) was the name, I made the profile pic of a woman. I contacted this hood rat on the most expensive item she was selling it was like $150 some kind of hair weave set or something. I ask her where to meet, she had to meet somewhere near train stop. So I pick the Verizon Center which was like half the length of stops from where she lived, I remembered where she asked me to meet. Set up a time, she starts messaging me shes there. I kept telling her I was running late, this went on for like almost an hour until I finally revealed to her Dumb uneducated ass don't ever talk a bunch of ignorant shit to people for no good reason and have fun Hauling her Hair weave kit back across town on the train. It was hilarious and no I don't feel bad about it.
    Bitch deserved all of it.

Last year my wife gave me one of those mini Nintendo systems as birthday gift 2 years ago. Well it was a HOT item, people paying double and quadruple the amount it was worth. I didn't use it much. My son wanted a PlayStation VITA, so I listed that for TRADE (Not for sale) and I bet you I received well over 100 responses within a 24 hr period of nothing but ignorant ass people cursing me out, blaming me for owning one and not willing to sell it to them at retail cost.

Never seen any shit like it before. How grown ass adults can be so stupid and or ignorant is beyond me but it was hilarious. I eventually traded it for a PS VITA which my son wanted and bunch of games like 9 games with it. All because I didn't and or want to sell it. It was my item. My choice to trade it only.

I have had no luck with Letitgo. Site blows.

Offerup is ok, but a lot of foreigners and fake profiles.
    Craigslist has gone to absolute SHIT especially in the barter section. Too many fake scamming profiles to weed through.

Facebook- a lot of good sales off here. But dealing with so many morons at once takes atoll on trying to use it selling a lot of stuff. For every 1 buyer, there are 20 morons wasting your time with questions or lowballing you.
    this might be the post of the year, im dying laughing