Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Kaare Vedvik News

Man, not trying to kick him when he's down by any means, but this "he wouldn't have known better" excuse is not really a valid excuse for any number of reasons.

You should be doing research prior to going anywhere you are unfamiliar with. That goes for whether you are going to some place out in the boonies or a major city. This isn't the 1950's anymore. It's common sense to me. Especially when we're talking about one of the most violent cities in America - something that is widely known and likely one of the first things he would have heard when coming here. You have teammates who can tell you it's a bad idea. You have a staff and organization you can reach out to.

This was preventable. I wish him the best.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Man, not trying to kick him when he's down by any means, but this "he wouldn't have known better" excuse is not really a valid excuse for any number of reasons.

You should be doing research prior to going anywhere you are unfamiliar with. That goes for whether you are going to some place out in the boonies or a major city. This isn't the 1950's anymore. It's common sense to me. Especially when we're talking about one of the most violent cities in America - something that is widely known and likely one of the first things he would have heard when coming here. You have teammates who can tell you it's a bad idea. You have a staff and organization you can reach out to.

We don’t even know where it happened. We only know where he was found.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Ain't that much p*ssy in the world. I fell for a girl who lived in Murphy Homes. Once she told me where she lived I was out.
    Bruh...I once got a girl number at a club one night, she lived in the Lafayette courts a little before they demolished them...I went to see her one time and it was without question one of the most uncomfortable walks once I parked my car to someone's place I've ever had. I said never again...and that was that. She was BAD too.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Bruh...I once got a girl number at a club one night, she lived in the Lafayette courts a little before they demolished them...I went to see her one time and it was without question one of the most uncomfortable walks once I parked my car to someone's place I've ever had. I said never again...and that was that. She was BAD too.
    I had a girlfriend who lived on St Paul street in a “good” part of the city. Even there you had to keep your head on a swivel, and not f__k around going to and from your car at night.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    We don’t even know where it happened. We only know where he was found.
    Yeah, of course. I'm just more musing on the idea that not knowing what an area is like is an excuse to potentially find yourself in a bad area.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post

Agreed. And by no means victim blaming but you gotta be aware of your surroundings at all times regardless of where you are or who you are. Maybe I’m just paranoid because of my line of work and being in war zones and very dangerous places but I’m always watching for shady shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bunch of wusses in this thread I see. Scared as hell to come into the city if it's not a game. I was born, raised and now live and work in the City. Zero problems. No way Vedvik should've been in that part of the city at night.

I can ensure you being from another country, you really don't think of this kind of shit. I larned the hard way in Syracuse one night after we went down in highchool for to watch the Orange play uConn in baskebtall
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Bunch of wusses in this thread I see. Scared as hell to come into the city if it's not a game. I was born, raised and now live and work in the City. Zero problems. No way Vedvik should've been in that part of the city at night.
    You do realize you've made two contradictory statements/points in your post??

I would expect the team to proactively advise young players, including Americans, what and where they should avoid. Apart from being a matter of common sense, you're protecting your investment.

Blog Entries

...so...

...IR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    You do realize you've made two contradictory statements/points in your post??
    Nope, I acknowledge that like most big cities in the world there are neighborhoods you don't venture in at past certain times. That's common sense.

My response is to the folks who think the minute you step into the city limits your going to get robbed, shot or stabbed. It's just not true.