Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Averett

1. Anthony Averett

I was thoroughly impressed by his play last night. He was everywhere. There was one series in particular that caught my attention. In that series we were down by our goaline, and he made 3 straight plays. One play he almost came up with the INT in the endzone.
    Kid is a baller!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: Anthony Averett

"He was everywhere" is the perfect description. That kid has a real nose for the ball. Averett is going to be a fan favorite

The scouting reports on him all said he's a "pest" in coverage. Last u night exemplified that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Young players making plays and showing a feel for the game. More of this please...

5. Re: Anthony Averett

I like him. I liked him in the draft. I felt that the team got good value for him. The hope is that he can stay healthy.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Anthony Averett

Glad to hear it! With Jimmy Smith seemingly always a ?, it's good that Ozzie drafted Young and Canady (2016) Humphrey (2017) Averett (2018), and add in FA Brandon Carr (2017) to bolster the CB position... Bc

Huge depth with Jimmy getting the boot again.

Carr, Humphrey and Tavon start with Averett, Canady and maybe Hill or SJB as depth?

Elliot has played some corner too. I think it's possible we go with 5 CBs and 5 S's (Jeff, Weddle, Clark, Elliott and Levine - though I guess you can group him with LB's).

10 DB's, 9 LB's and 7 DL bring us to 26 D. That gives 24 O and 3 ST.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Averett is lightning fast. He was glued to his guys yesterday as none of those colts receivers could get any separation and brissett began to avoid that side of the field entirely

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    I was thoroughly impressed by his play last night. He was everywhere. There was one series in particular that caught my attention. In that series we were down by our goaline, and he made 3 straight plays. One play he almost came up with the INT in the endzone.
    Kid is a baller!

Was I imagining it, or did they go at him four straight times on that 1st and goal?
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Deepest group of corners they've had since 2012 without question. Will give the edge to the 2012 group in terms of talent unless/until 2018 Jimmy returns from suspension.

Averett looks he could be a great swing/depth guy and fill in on the outside and excel on the inside.

11. Re: Anthony Averett

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Was I imagining it, or did they go at him four straight times on that 1st and goal?
    Just the first 3. On 4th down Brisette tried to run it in and Kaufusi stopped him.

A draft-day steal!