Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: 100-Year-Old WWII Vet Gets Special Letter From The White House

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Kind of makes me think of something I've (and I imagine plenty of others) said a lot. Why doesn't "some" (any) network start doing a primetime show based on nothing but good news? Is it because they think no one would watch it? Sad commentary, if that is the case. I think the Country actually needs one and I also believe they might just have a hit on their hands. Maybe I'm wrong......
    There is no political leverage to be gained from such a program. It’ll never happen.

Blog Entries

Kind of makes me think of something I've (and I imagine plenty of others) said a lot. Why doesn't "some" (any) network start doing a primetime show based on nothing but good news? Is it because they think no one would watch it? Sad commentary, if that is the case. I think the Country actually needs one and I also believe they might just have a hit on their hands. Maybe I'm wrong......
    Said that for a long time. Seriously thought about it, even have a name for it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    This got no play from the press...

https://www.dailywire.com/news/34640...er-joseph-curl

On his birthday, and in the days after, Fabela received more than 50,000 cards. “It’s impossible not to read them. He does a lot of crying,” Lolie said of her father’s reaction. “He can't believe what some of these people have written.”

But Fabela got one special card, and his wonderful reaction was posted on Facebook July 30.

I encourage you to watch his reaction. Pretty touching scene if you ask me.

The press should’ve covered this story. They purposefully don’t cover stories like this because “they” want us to be at each other’s throats. Isnt that obvious? IMO, if the press gave 2 shits about promoting truth...this would be on CNN’s front page today. It’s not. It’s not even in their line of sight.

This story would unite people together. That would go against “their” larger plan so...they don’t shed any light on these types of stories and from what I’m seeing...these stories are happening everywhere and a lot more frequently than people know. Since they are brainwashed to believe that the man is on the verge of killing 6 million Jews...they have no clue he’s doing things like this.

Great story!

Without even checking I can almost guarantee that stories like this are happening far more frequently than what gets reported by the MSM.

I just wish people would take a step back and be more discerning. Learn to critically dissect stories. Think for yourselves. And definitely don't let someone else tell you how you are supposed to feel about a certain topic. Good pull.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

There is no political leverage to be gained from such a program. It’ll never happen.
    The cynic in me agrees. Fomenting hatred and discord apparently is big business now.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Fomenting hatred and discord apparently is big business now
    I think you just quoted what will be on Al Sharpton’s tombstone.

6. Re: 100-Year-Old WWII Vet Gets Special Letter From The White House

I think you just quoted what will be on Al Sharpton’s tombstone.
    If he wants to use that, he may want to copyright it. Lots of other "leaders" may want to use it, too. $$$$

The cynic in me agrees. Fomenting hatred and discord apparently is big business now.
    I just checked out this book from the local library: It's Better Than It Looks - Reasons for Optimism in an Age of Fear
    https://www.amazon.com/Its-Better-Th.../dp/B074M5N2TP

I am only 1 chapter in, but the the author - Gregg Easterbrook - makes some similar points about how the media (especially social media) for business and/or political reasons harp on the bad news. All the while missing the big picture that the human condition has never been greater and the prospects for even more improvement across the board (health, income, education, nutrition, etc.) have never been brighter.

There are stories like the OP posted and this book detail out there....you just have to hunt for them....and probably wouldn't be a bad idea to limit your time on social media while doing it.

fear & greed are the most powerfull emotions

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    fear & greed are the most powerfull emotions
    Because they stem from the same area of the brain - the amygdala and they are very easy to tap into and control.

Interesting article:

https://neurohacker.com/how-social-m...ack-your-brain

Because they stem from the same area of the brain - the amygdala and they are very easy to tap into and control.

Interesting article:

https://neurohacker.com/how-social-m...ack-your-brain
    thanks for sharing that

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    thanks for sharing that
    Np. The vid is a little long, but if you ff to about the 6 minute mark, they start to dive into the meat and potatoes, so to speak.

12. Re: 100-Year-Old WWII Vet Gets Special Letter From The White House

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    I just checked out this book from the local library: It's Better Than It Looks - Reasons for Optimism in an Age of Fear
    https://www.amazon.com/Its-Better-Th.../dp/B074M5N2TP

I am only 1 chapter in, but the the author - Gregg Easterbrook - makes some similar points about how the media (especially social media) for business and/or political reasons harp on the bad news. All the while missing the big picture that the human condition has never been greater and the prospects for even more improvement across the board (health, income, education, nutrition, etc.) have never been brighter.

There are stories like the OP posted and this book detail out there....you just have to hunt for them....and probably wouldn't be a bad idea to limit your time on social media while doing it.
    I like to check out the Olympic Channel, both on tv and the web. Great stories on there. Closest thing to good news. Love the 3x3 basketball and Against All Odds stories, etc. It beats most of the crap online. To me, least.