Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Tanier on the Steelers coasting

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    It’s naive and stupid to believe that aren’t among the best teams in the AFC.
    He's not saying otherwise. But they also didn't make it to the AFCC last season; and they haven't beaten the Patriots in any game since 2011. It's fair to ask if they have they done enough to move to the next tier.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    He's not saying otherwise. But they also didn't make it to the AFCC last season; and they haven't beaten the Patriots in any game since 2011. It's fair to ask if they have they done enough to move to the next tier.
    I’m not defending that, there can be various reasons why they haven’t beaten the Patriots. Health and their issues. But to say they shouldn’t have beat them last year is dumb. Only thing that prevented it was the outrageous rules of the NFL. Depending on health, they have the offense to torch the Patriots and it showed last year. Patriots have the O to make it a very fun and exciting game. Those two are on an equal playing field this year.

The Steelers struggled more with the Jaguars than any other team last year. Strong running game and a strong D to stifle their all pro skilled position guys are how you beat them decisively.

Steelers D is still questionable IMO. I do not believe they are a lock to win the division like I have heard from some pundits. It mostly comes down to the health and play of Big Ben.

Usually close indeed. However, the Steelers won big last year and I think it was 3 years ago Roethlisberger had a 6 TD game against the Ravens. Even so, I don't know what the current tally is, but as of a year or two ago the difference in their total points over the decades has been 3 points. This rivalry ignores convention and current standings. Predictions do not matter at all.

Personally, I am neutral on Tomlin. He does the dumbest things sometimes but his overall results cannot be argued. The players do seem to like him, in a sincere way. I have never heard a player criticize or hint at him begin soft (not that they have not, I have never heard anything). It seems to be hearsay with not first hand sources ever quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post
    The article overlooks the fact that the Steelers still play the Ravens twice. The whole time they have had Ben, Bell, and Brown they have never blown out the Ravens or just coasted by the Ravens. If the Ravens are done getting in their own way, the Steelers are going to have to worry about their place in the division before it even comes down to same December/January game against the Patriots.
    I don't think the steelers have to worry about their place in the division for quite some time. The Ravens, Browns, and Bengals don't even care anymore. Between Bisciotti, Harbaugh, and Flacco, I often wonder which one (if any) even gives a shit about winning anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Between Bisciotti, Harbaugh, and Flacco, I often wonder which one (if any) even gives a shit about winning anymore.
    ?!??

Ridiculous.

?!??

Ridiculous.
    Why? If Bisciotti gave a shit, Pees would've been gone three years ago. If Harbaugh gave a shit, Pees would've been gone three years ago. As for Flacco, I think he's more interested in playing with his kids than playing football. His play over the last few years reflects that.

Why? If Bisciotti gave a shit, Pees would've been gone three years ago. If Harbaugh gave a shit, Pees would've been gone three years ago. As for Flacco, I think he's more interested in playing with his kids than playing football. His play over the last few years reflects that.
    There's little doubt they care more than all of us put together. If nothing else, it's a whole helluva lot of work to put yourself thru, if you don't give a shit.

Flacco's play over the last few years most likely reflects the knee and back injuries, along with lack of talent at WR. But we'll have more of a clue if that's true or not, this time next month.

I don't think the steelers have to worry about their place in the division for quite some time. The Ravens, Browns, and Bengals don't even care anymore. Between Bisciotti, Harbaugh, and Flacco, I often wonder which one (if any) even gives a shit about winning anymore.
    Huh ??? ........Is this even serious ?

The Steelers have "underperformed" their talent for years. We're pretty much .500 vs them this century and have actually won a Super Bowl more recently. I totally get what the writer is saying. They're a very talented team that is complacent in my opinion. I'm not saying they're going to implode, but it would not surprise me in the least if the Ravens gave them everything they can handle for the division this year. Their defense is average and we have quietly built a defense that matches up very well with their offense. The transition from Pees to Wink will make a huge difference this year in my opinion. I read some of these opinions and I find it hard to believe some folks are really fans of the Ravens. They've had a few lean years and are far from perfect, but I believe the organization addressed A LOT of areas of concern coming into this year. As a true Raven fan, I don't see how anyone can't be pretty excited about the potential of this year's team.........................and as always F*&K the Steelers !

Quote Originally Posted by John Morris View Post
    Huh ??? ........Is this even serious ?

The Steelers have "underperformed" their talent for years. We're pretty much .500 vs them this century and have actually won a Super Bowl more recently. I totally get what the writer is saying. They're a very talented team that is complacent in my opinion. I'm not saying they're going to implode, but it would not surprise me in the least if the Ravens gave them everything they can handle for the division this year. Their defense is average and we have quietly built a defense that matches up very well with their offense. The transition from Pees to Wink will make a huge difference this year in my opinion. I read some of these opinions and I find it hard to believe some folks are really fans of the Ravens. They've had a few lean years and are far from perfect, but I believe the organization addressed A LOT of areas of concern coming into this year. As a true Raven fan, I don't see how anyone can't be pretty excited about the potential of this year's team.........................and as always F*&K the Steelers !
    The Ravens are around a .500 team. I think this year they'll struggle to win 7 games though. They have questions on offensive line and what happens when Yanda is knocked out for the year by week 5. Secondary is still weak, especially when Jimmy Smith is knocked out for the season.

We still have Mr. Conservative as head coach. Do you really think he'll let Wink attack on defense?

I do however agree, F*&K the steelers! Hope the Patriots win the AFC again.

We still have Mr. Conservative as head coach. Do you really think he'll let Wink attack on defense?
    You mean the guy who ordered Pees to blitz Kaepernick on 4th down in the Super Bowl? Yes, yes I do.

Secondary is still weak, especially when Jimmy Smith is knocked out for the season.
    I don't see that. Secondary looks like a strong point to me.
    (Though that could change if a rash of I-words strikes.)

Blog Entries

You mean the guy who ordered Pees to blitz Kaepernick on 4th down in the Super Bowl? Yes, yes I do.

I don't see that. Secondary looks like a strong point to me.
    (Though that could change if a rash of I-words strikes.)
    If there are no injuries, some of the DBs they are going to cut will wind up on other teams. There is some talent there and depth

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!