Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: James Washington

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I can see your WR point alright, but we did have the opportunity to draft top-notch WRs early (Ridley, Moore, Sutton, Washington, Miller, etc.). Hanging your hat on Ravens 4th and 5th round WRs is pretty tenuous at best, especially if you feel they're future assets. FTR I don't like Senat either. Anyway, here's hoping this year's draft haul surprises us in a good way... Bc
    I might be in the minority but I want Hayden Hurst more than Ridley, Moore, Washington, Gallup, Pettis, Sutton, and every other Wide Receiver everyone seemed to be going bananas over. That's just me. Really good Tight Ends are game changing. You force a defense to choose between covering him with a potentially too slow linebacker, or a potentially too weak safety. I think Hurst is going to be an awesome player. He was my favorite Tight End prospect. I know that's an opinion largely not shared by this board.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Yeah -- it's not that Pittsburgh is trolling the Ravens specifically -- the Ravens just aren't good at drafting WRs. Take this year. WRs were supposedly a weakness, yet we had a multitude of 2nd-4th rounders with a lot of promise. And what are we hearing?

- Courtland Sutton is generating a lot of buzz in Denver
    - Anthony Miller is making plays "every day" in Chicago
    - James Washington made this thread
    - Christian Kirk looks good in Arizona
    - Michael Gallup had a good preseason game
    - Tre'Quan Smith is the standout in Saints camp
    - Antonio Callaway is producing with Mayfield

These are all receivers that people on the board were pounding the table for - even Callaway, for some, despite his red flag. The last WR drafted that I remember the board being really high on is DaeSean Hamilton, who is actually being blocked a bit by Sutton, as both WRs were drafted by Denver.

The WRs taken later? The board wasn't so high on them. I liked Cedrick Wilson a lot but he's gone to IR. Some were high on Equanimeous St. Brown but he hasn't been moving many needles. You can really see a line of demarcation in late Round 4 -- which is right when the Ravens started picking WRs. Are Jaleel Scott and Jordan Lasley lighting up training camp? No. The only late round WR that I'm hearing buzz from is Javon Wims in Chicago.

Last years' draft was more egregious than this years' draft; nonetheless, the trend continues.
    I loved Equanimeous and he did have 4 receptions for 60+ yards in the first week of preseason. I don't think he did much last night though. I thought Sutton was exactly what we needed, but wasn't figuring that we'd be picking where he was slotted to go. Simmie Cobbs was another one I liked, but I think he's all but buried in Washington's depth chart. I figured Sutton didn't make sense because of slotting, but we'd have a shot at getting one of the other two guys. That said, if I knew we were going to move up to the end of the first round, Sutton was a pick that could help us contend immediately and finally end our WR drafting curse.

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    What about when our guy struggles vs 3s and 4s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Touchee

Ketivah v'chatima tovah

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    What about when our guy struggles vs 3s and 4s

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    Ha! If it helps any, they missed on Limas Sweed
    Technically also on Martavious Bryant.

Ketivah v'chatima tovah

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I think Hurst is going to be an awesome player. He was my favorite Tight End prospect. I know that's an opinion largely not shared by this board.
    No, but it's good to hear!

The fact is, Ozzie drafted for need with Hurst, which is not the way he or we like him to operate. We had no "threat" TE on the roster before the draft; now we do. I think Ozzie got a pretty good player; but it would have been nice to go into the draft without such a glaring need.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    No, but it's good to hear!

The fact is, Ozzie drafted for need with Hurst, which is not the way he or we like him to operate. We had no "threat" TE on the roster before the draft; now we do. I think Ozzie got a pretty good player; but it would have been nice to go into the draft without such a glaring need.
    Is that an actual fact, or is it more of an "I don't agree with Ozzie's pick because I wanted someone else who was available so clearly Ozzie drafted based on just need" thing?

Unless the Ravens actually put out their board for public viewing, can anyone really say Hurst wasn't their highest rated player when they drafted him? Or that someone else drafted before him was that much higher on the Ravens board?

Blog Entries

So far I am happy with Hurst

Question - What would people rather have: James Washington (chosen in the 2nd) and our 2019 2nd OR Lamar Jackson?

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    Question - What would people rather have: James Washington (chosen in the 2nd) and our 2019 2nd OR Lamar Jackson?
    We do this every year... every... damn... year... where some 2nd-4th round wideout has a monster game against the future Amazon Delivery Drivers from Pascalooga, and we immediately believe that our draft was awful and everything is wrong.

No - I’ll take LJ 6 days a way and twice on Sundays. Anyone watch how bad Pitts QBs are? Or maybe Denver’s (Courtland Sutton)? Also - looks like the other rookie first round QBs came crashing back to earth this weekend too.

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    LJ will never become an MVP candidate lol
    And neither will never mind I won’t even bother.

Any of this draft's WRs with hands and some fight. It wouldn't necessarily even need to be Washington.

Blog Entries

I'd take DJ Moore over Hayden Hurst and still get Lamar Jackson