Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: You know what's funny

Here's the annual take from a MD-resident, Vikings-fan about why the Ravens suck: https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-s...ens-1828383756

Reading posts from extremeskins over the years has been pretty funny.

This board has been around a long time. It's like family here. You have fun and joke with your peeps. (We've also mourned together, encouraged each other through tough times, and have shared life's good times like the birth/conception of children, marriages and other events.) It makes for a good environment around here.

4. Re: You know what's funny

Baltimore, generally, has a very organic personality that is very open and honest. In general, in Baltimore, if someone likes you or not you'll usually know it. Native Baltimoreans tend to be desensitized to the issues that plague Baltimore and, it may be that we just laugh to keep from crying. I've been other places where you can often feel people around you who aren't genuine. For the most part, Baltimoreans are genuine, for better..................................or for worse. From a football perspective, I think that the air of 'The Largest Outdoor Insane Asylum' has lived on. The irony of the Browns move to Baltimore. The defense-first mentality that has had the fanbase's heart for almost two decades. The downright comically awful offenses we've witnessed. I think that all of it plays a role in the way we approach things. Sometimes, however, it can be a detriment. Like any fanbase, we too can take certain things for granted. Eddie Murray was the notable one.

5. Re: You know what's funny

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    This board has been around a long time. It's like family here. You have fun and joke with your peeps. (We've also mourned together, encouraged each other through tough times, and have shared life's good times like the birth/conception of children, marriages and other events.) It makes for a good environment around here.
    This is another part of it. Even those of us who have never met in person have become Facebook friends, shared family stories and even came on here to vent while going through difficult times (Injuries, divorce, family passings). The works.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    Well said GKB! This board is actually therapeutic. We can vent on a series of topics and mostly find sympathetic ears. Yes, like family... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Maybe because we didn't have a football team for years and still get the feeling the NFL doesn't like us?

Maybe because the Orioles trained us to laugh at misfortune?

Idunno
    You beat me to it! Laughter is the only way to endure Petey Angelos!

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    You Raven fans have one of the best sense of humors I have ever seen. Lots of laughing, joking and just downright Hilarious. How come fanbases close in proximity to you guys aren't as funny and easy going. Something in the water in Philly LOL?
    Well ...have you ever tasted the water in Philly? Nasty stuff, or at least it was back in the 90s when I frequented the area. But I guess their fans can deal with that considering their team is the current SB champ.

As for Washington, eh, Redskins fans have always taken themselves too seriously. Even back when we had the Colts here, many Skins fans refused to acknowledge the existence of a team in Baltimore. That hasn't changed much. Plus they have Dan Snyder as an owner. Yeesh.