Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Your thoughts on this case, was the father justified?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    How do you know the difference? Wait till it’s happened
    But there was no threat at the time. If there was a threat, it had passed. How far away from the threat time wise before it becomes unjustified? I mean if the girl was out, alerted security and the guy was not harassing her anymore.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    But there was no threat at the time. If there was a threat, it had passed. How far away from the threat time wise before it becomes unjustified? I mean if the girl was out, alerted security and the guy was not harassing her anymore.
    I was asking more in general not specific to these circumstances, maybe that’s what he meant.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    How do you know the difference? Wait till it’s happened
    till what happened? Its not like this was broken up in the middle of a crime. If the father was in the bathroom and saw that happen, and was the reason it stopped, then hed have a lot more of a leg to stand on. Hed still have to prove the guys intentions, to warrant deadly force.

unfortunately for him, we know what happened next. shook the door and left, with no other actions/words. she told the security and he left the premises. then the father drove his car over to the guy, and beat him to death, when security didnt do enough in his eyes.

At what point was there an imminent threat requiring intervention?
    what crime is the homeless guy guilty of?

In a court of a law, this guy likely is found guilty of murder 2 or pleads down the manslaughter based on these events and timeline.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

the worst part is the daughter handled this exactly like she should have and it was under control. the father in the name of defending his daughter, committed a crime and now will be in jail and unable to be with her let alone protect her, when she showed she was quite capable of handling the situation herself.
    -JAB

I have to agree with those on the unjustified side. When I saw the headline and started reading, my initial thought was "Hell yes he was justified." But as I read on and the facts came out, the girl was scared but safely with him and in no immediate danger. I would still have confronted the guy, but to beat him to the point that he died? Can't agree with that.

I have children, boys not girls.

6. Re: Your thoughts on this case, was the father justified?

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    I have to agree with those on the unjustified side. When I saw the headline and started reading, my initial thought was "Hell yes he was justified." But as I read on and the facts came out, the girl was scared but safely with him and in no immediate danger. I would still have confronted the guy, but to beat him to the point that he died? Can't agree with that.

I have children, boys not girls.
    I agree w/your opinion. Hopefully, the guy does serious time for what he did,as well as punished in civil court, if applicable. Taking the law into your own hands is wrong, whether you think it was justified or not. I really can't believe the people saying they think it's ok. And yes, I have two grown daughters(who are both more than capable of defending themselves) and one female grandchild. The girl was never touched, as I understand it. Defending someone being killed when no real (as far as I know) crime was even committed(?) Start thinking w/your heads folks and not w/your emotions. Facts are facts, whether you like them or not.
    Last edited by blueridgemtnman; 08-16-2018 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by El Fanatico Chupa View Post
    I firmly believe any man protecting his child should be cleared of any wrong doing.
    150% agree.

From some of the posts I read...nothing happened so, the father was wrong to defend his daughter?

Imagine if the “crackhead” was legitimately trying to get in the stall to rape/kill her (we don’t know his reason). Since nothing happened...knocking the fucker out is wrong? No way no how. I would’ve reacted the same way.

It’s not typical for someone to die from getting punched. This crackhead did. If the father pulled out a weapon or a gun and killed him intentionally, I would concede he took it too far. He confronted and punched the guy. Unfortunately he died.

A father defending his daughter by beating the assailent who attempted “something” in a girl’s bathroom is 100% justified. His death might’ve prevented other girls from a potential rape in the future. Who knows?

If anyone tried “something” on my kids...they’d have to arrest me on the spot because I would do everything in my power to absolutely destroy the perp.

I’ll add in this little tidbit...

IMO, it’s almost impossible to know how any of us would react if something like this happened to YOUR child. On a political message board, we can assume all day that we would be measured and react maturely. It 100% would be different if the victim was your baby.

I’m positive my reaction wouldn’t be good because that’s just how I am.

What happened in this scenario is a parent’s worst nightmare potentially coming true. I don’t fault the father whatsoever.

Blog Entries

Jab are you kidding me with this crap ?

You learned that the guy was mentally ill which is more info than I even read into. You are looking at shaking the door aspect (but completely overlooking ) a grown ass man entering a womens restroom? come on seriously.

There was a news story just yesterday, another supposedly mentally ill 23 year old guy who tried kidnapping an 11 and 13 year old and told the officers his intentions were to kidnap and rape them. Sorry but mentally ill doesn't give it a pass ( not in the eyes of a father) in my opinion.

Laws protecting our children are not tough enough in this country. Laws regarding the mentally ill are also almost non existent until a serious crime occurs. So I am sorry, there should be laws protecting people especially kids from mentally ill people. If they die as a result of the reaction based on their actions then so be it
    No where have I read the guy intended for the scumbag to die. The guy died, he could have hit his head 1 time and died. The guy could have been high on Meth or speed and through the fight his heart rated could have gotten too high and had a heart attack and died from sheer verbal argument. The exact details I haven't read. A guy just got punched 1 time and died like a week ago in a mistaken UBER pick up. Some asshole punched the guy for mistaking his car for his ride. That sort of case is different than defending your family

I firmly believe any man protecting his child should be cleared of any wrong doing.
    mentally ill does not give them a pass for committing a crime, but it is a likely possibility for being in the wrong bathroom. and again... what crime was made? Shaking a bathroom door and walking away is not a crime. walking into the wrong bathroom? not a crime. maybe you could get harassment charges, but proving a threat is even questionable since he walked away.

listing a bunch of what ifs, to justify your fear of what could have been the reason behind it does not make them likely or enough to justify going over after the fact and assaulting the person. Im not even sure what youre getting at with listing a bunch of ways people die unintentionally. Intentional murder is murder 1. Hes charged with murder 2 which means his actions may not have intended to kill but led to death. He doesnt beat him up, his head doesnt swell, he doesnt die. he intended to do harm, when the security didnt do enough in his eyes. Its pretty cut and dry. I even mentioned that he may plead to a lesser charge of manslaughter. If his lawyer is any good, thats probably his best bet.

legally, you got nothing to stand on here. If you want to take the same actions as this guy, your ass will be sitting in the cell next to him. Im sure a lot of people in jail think their actions were justified.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I would totally support this guy if he went off on this guy while it was happening or just after. But the girl had left, told security and then the father got involved. That's a little too long a time to excuse killing a guy.
    That's kind of the key for me. I was with him when I thought he caught the guy at the time, but too much time had passed for me to give him a pass on going to town on the guy once he was on the ground. Had he stopped before killing the guy I'd feel differently.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    What happened in this scenario is a parent’s worst nightmare potentially coming true. I don’t fault the father whatsoever.
    yeah it was a parents worse nightmare. their child was beat to death.

I do agree that when actually in the situation i feel a lot would act differently. I dont think the majority of people are so on edge that when their daughter is in the back seat safely retelling a story, where nothing happened theyd go beat somebody up, especially when it was already being handled.
    -JAB

No where have I read the guy intended for the scumbag to die. The guy died, he could have hit his head 1 time and died. The guy could have been high on Meth or speed and through the fight his heart rated could have gotten too high and had a heart attack and died from sheer verbal argument. The exact details I haven't read. A guy just got punched 1 time and died like a week ago in a mistaken UBER pick up. Some asshole punched the guy for mistaking his car for his ride. That sort of case is different than defending your family

The guy punched him, then started kicking and stomping him when he was on the ground. That is where he crossed the line of where I could see justification that far after the fact.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk