Page 1 of 31 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Your thoughts on this case, was the father justified?

Re: Your thoughts on this case, was the father justified?

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    I'd say no. Even though the guy tried getting into the stall, he didn't. Also, from what got I out of it, the dude never touched his daughter. If he had sexually assaulted his daughter, then that would change things in my opinion.

I would totally support this guy if he went off on this guy while it was happening or just after. But the girl had left, told security and then the father got involved. That's a little too long a time to excuse killing a guy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    I'd say no. Even though the guy tried getting into the stall, he didn't. Also, from what got I out of it, the dude never touched his daughter. If he had sexually assaulted his daughter, then that would change things in my opinion.
    Sorry, as the father of 2 daughters, I disagree. What was his purpose in going into the ladies' bathroom in the first place, let alone the stall? He would have caught an epic ass whooping if that were my daughter. Not saying he should have killed him, but I understand.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Punching, beating the hell out of, yes. Death is a different story.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Sorry, as the father of 2 daughters, I disagree. What was his purpose in going into the ladies' bathroom in the first place, let alone the stall? He would have caught an epic ass whooping if that were my daughter. Not saying he should have killed him, but I understand.
    Did you just quote 90's era Chris Rock?
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

100% justified. I know I would react similarly if anyone tried to hurt my children. I would have zero remorse. I’m actually getting a little steamed right now just by thinking about this.

Yes. 100% justified.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Did you just quote 90's era Chris Rock?
    Good catch.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

not even close to justified.

the things people get in their heads can be way worse than reality. shaking a bathroom stall door counts as attempted rape? half the time i take a public dump somebody shakes the door, im suppose to assume theyre trying to rape me? all this time i just thought they were anxious about not shitting themselves...

we already know the guy is a beggar... 1/4 are mentally ill. After a quick google search, the guy's family has come out saying hes mentally ill and an addict thats been living on the streets for months. Is it at all possible this guy went into the wrong bathroom? tried to use it then left? From the daughters own account there was no further action, no waiting, no confrontation, no attempt to touch/talk to her. Id need a lot more to say even punching him was justified, let alone killing him.

Maybe Harris knows more than whats out there, but from what is, he escalated a situation and caused a death when there was no imminent threat. Thats murder.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    not even close to justified.

the things people get in their heads can be way worse than reality. shaking a bathroom stall door counts as attempted rape? half the time i take a public dump somebody shakes the door, im suppose to assume theyre trying to rape me? all this time i just thought they were anxious about not shitting themselves...

we already know the guy is a beggar... 1/4 are mentally ill. After a quick google search, the guy's family has come out saying hes mentally ill and an addict thats been living on the streets for months. Is it at all possible this guy went into the wrong bathroom? tried to use it then left? From the daughters own account there was no further action, no waiting, no confrontation, no attempt to touch/talk to her. Id need a lot more to say even punching him was justified, let alone killing him.

Maybe Harris knows more than whats out there, but from what is, he escalated a situation and caused a death when there was no imminent threat. Thats murder.
    Do you have children?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Do you have children?
    no. I have nephews and nieces i would defend violently. Only not from a perceived threat, but from an actual one.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    no. I have nephews and nieces i would defend violently. Only not from a perceived threat, but from an actual one.
    How do you know the difference? Wait till it’s happened