Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: A past Raven Packer game?

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    The one Packers-Ravens game I'll remember most is when Boller had a career game on a fridged Monday night in Baltimore.
    That's the game I thought Boller might actually turn into a legit starting QB, then he had the rainy Christmas game the following at M&T against Minnesota, where he also tore it up. Then he had the finale against the Browns where he looked like the turd we all remembered, and my delusions were crushed.

But yeah, that's the game against the Packers I remember the most, mainly because it was an ass whooping on Monday night that nobody saw coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    What year was that? I remember we lost but that's all I remember.
    I was at this game. Boller played like an all-pro. Favre QB'd the Packers in the first 3 quarters. Rodgers started the 4th quarter. Rodgers' first play from scrimmage, he was strip-sacked by Adalius Thomas. Strange game.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...0512190rav.htm

You guys remember a game that was in Lambeau I believe where my Packers were up 20-0 and we you guys came back on us and we only won 23-17 I believe. You guys had Frank Walker as your DB and Rodgers was in his 2nd year as a starter. Flacco I believe was in his 2nd year as well but Rodgers had already 4 years in. There was a lot of pass interference calls if I remember right. You guys had a good team that year and I think we were a little bit better. Todd Heap caught a touchdown pass too.
    The game you're describing was 12/7/09 at Lambeau. The Ravens trailed 17-0, got as close as 17-14, and lost 27-14.

It was miserably cold that night (gee, Lambeau in December at night, who'da figured) and some Packer fans loaned us seat cushions to help us to keep our buts from freezing. GB and Ten have the nicest fans we've met on the road.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    The game you're describing was 12/7/09 at Lambeau. The Ravens trailed 17-0, got as close as 17-14, and lost 27-14.

It was miserably cold that night (gee, Lambeau in December at night, who'da figured) and some Packer fans loaned us seat cushions to help us to keep our buts from freezing. GB and Ten have the nicest fans we've met on the road.
    As for visiting fans the best I have encountered were GB fans as well. They came to our tailgate lot in 2 big motor homes (one was rented, one driven from WI) and they were very nice. And our team was kind and gave them a win.

I love you guys even more after you brought this up. You got Mike Sherman fired and got Rodgers to start for us to kick off his career. I remember that game now and that one was painful to watch.
    Yeah, it was funny how that was really the only bridge year in the past several decades for the Packers.

I was at both of those games, the Favre game where Boller looked like Favre and Favre looked like Boller, then the Monday night game in Lambeau in December of 2009 in Flacco's second year. That was an exciting game and my trip to Lambeau endeared the region of Green Bay to me enough to make that trip again last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    As for visiting fans the best I have encountered were GB fans as well. They came to our tailgate lot in 2 big motor homes (one was rented, one driven from WI) and they were very nice. And our team was kind and gave them a win.
    They were some cool dudes! I concur with Filmstudy on the GB & TN fans being the best. The Saints were a close 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    Didn't Haushka miss a kick or two?

Very close, frustrating game. I seem to remember that as the start of the Flacco-injured-leg stretch of games.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    They were some cool dudes! I concur with Filmstudy on the GB & TN fans being the best. The Saints were a close 3rd.
    GB fans are the worst! Don't get me started on that gjennings85 guy!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Didn't Haushka miss a kick or two?

Very close, frustrating game. I seem to remember that as the start of the Flacco-injured-leg stretch of games.
    I seem to recall him getting his leg hurt in MN, and Hauschka missed a big FG there to cost us the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I seem to recall him getting his leg hurt in MN, and Hauschka missed a big FG there to cost us the game.
    Yes. Flacco played the entire second half with an injured leg. Led the Ravens to 4 second half TDs, outplaying Favre, and drove to the Vikings 26 yard line with 2 seconds left to set up for the game-winning 43-yd FG.

And then Hauscka blew it.

One of the most frustrating regular season defeats, imo.
    Last edited by PeterB58; 08-16-2018 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    I was at this game. Boller played like an all-pro. Favre QB'd the Packers in the first 3 quarters. Rodgers started the 4th quarter. Rodgers' first play from scrimmage, he was strip-sacked by Adalius Thomas. Strange game.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...0512190rav.htm
    That game was cold. Until last year’s New Year’s Eve game, it was the coldest I remember. We brought in some genuine Green Bay weather to make the Pack feel at home. It was a Monday nighter, so temps started off in the teens and dropped a lot by the final whistle. But no way we were leaving in the middle of a rare opportunity to see the Ravens play offense.
    "Chin up, chest out."