Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Make Ravens Defense Great Again

Can DeCosta execute this? What can we do within the next few years for this to be a truly great D again?

Sure, its good.. but Ravens football is historically a top 3 if not THE best D in the league and to find hall of famers like we once had is a longshot but its not impossible.

Those with "pay mosley" as a solution will get booed. Think of what happened to the offense when we paid Joe if we overpay Mosley.

IMO, an injured 2018 Jimmy would need to go

Its about that time for Suggs

Weddle will have to hit the road soon too and quite honestly so can Mosley. I'd like to give that amount of dough to an elite pass rusher like Khalil Mack instead to make up for losing Suggs but call me crazy that's just me.

BW was an overrated mistake.

Make Ravens Defense Great Again and start replacing good players with great players instead of overpaying them!

Blog Entries

Re: Make Ravens Defense Great Again

I think we already have a solid, deep roster of defensive players. The difference may be Wink instead of Pees... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I think we already have a solid, deep roster of defensive players. The difference may be Wink instead of Pees... Bc
    Don't know about Martindale yet ( jury is still out for awhile ) but Pees being in Tennessee. has got to be good for at least 1 or 2 more wins.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

This year is going to be telling. For a lot of guys we all think have potential, we’ll find out if they just suck or if it really was Pees

At least for depth guys like TWill, Correa, Kaufasi, Worm, etc
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    This year is going to be telling. For a lot of guys we all think have potential, we’ll find out if they just suck or if it really was Pees

At least for depth guys like TWill, Correa, Kaufasi, Worm, etc
    Correa is concerning. You follow up a strong game against the Bears (backups) and look pretty mediocre against the Rams (backups). I've about had it with him. Sieler made a refreshing entrance though.

Blog Entries

What's the pass rush going to look like without Suggs? Honestly I can't see Judon being the man. He'll be part of it but without Suggs the future of this defense is cloudy. Guys who haven't proven it in the past are going to have to come through. If they can't then we're back to the same continuous changes we've seen since 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post

Make Ravens Defense Great Again and start replacing good players with great players instead of overpaying them!

You guys had three shutouts last year. It should say Keep Ravens defense great again LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    You guys had three shutouts last year. It should say Keep Ravens defense great again LOL.
    A great defense would have closed out Andy dalolololton

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    A great defense would have closed out Andy dalolololton
    You guys beat them 20-0 though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    You guys beat them 20-0 though.
    Week 17 at home. 4 and 12 with the playoffs on the line and almost no time left and the Ravens defense choked and lost the season

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Week 17 at home. 4 and 12 with the playoffs on the line and almost no time left and the Ravens defense choked and lost the season
    Yeah I don't want to bring that up though. Its funny I know tons of Packer fans that root for you guys and even they were pissed when you blew that game. At work the next day they were all like I cant believe that game yesterday since our season was over anyway.