Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Tailgate-Out of town guests

Make sure to come on here and give a good detailed report about your experience, and try to compare it to others. I'd love to hear about what our experience is like compared to other teams from an unbiased source who has been to a ton of tailgates in different cities. I feel like as Ravens fans when we go to other cities, its hard to be objective because to us the fans look boring if there isn't enough life, and "rowdy" and "rude" if they're having too much fun. When you're engrossed in the atmosphere its easier to be unbiased and have a positive experience.

I've heard that ours tends to stack up pretty favorably, but this may be going off of old news, when the fans were more interested. But still, I think that our game day experience does a great job of blending great local sports bars in with ubiquitous tailgating throughout the city. The walkability score is high too throughout the good parts of the city. I think that's a breath of fresh air to people who are used to acres of open grass tailgates surrounded by highways without a restaurant or bar for miles.

Just try to be a little mindful of the bad neighborhood. Baltimore has a ton of great areas, but over half of it is rough and dangerous. Just make sure not to be another statistic and stick to the good areas. Happy tailgating!

2. Re: Tailgate-Out of town guests

Hi. Thanks for responding. It looks like I might be too new to the forum to have access to PM you. I get a message each time I try. Anyway, if you are able to message me details that would be appreciated. As I said, we are a big group (46), so I don't know if that is an issue. We are in the process of finalizing our for the weekend (e.g. hotel, tickets, coach bus, etc), so the tailgate is next on the list. Once I have the details I can run them by the guy who makes all the final decisions for us. Thanks

3. Re: Tailgate-Out of town guests

Quote Originally Posted by Trackmaster View Post
    Make sure to come on here and give a good detailed report about your experience, and try to compare it to others. I'd love to hear about what our experience is like compared to other teams from an unbiased source who has been to a ton of tailgates in different cities. I feel like as Ravens fans when we go to other cities, its hard to be objective because to us the fans look boring if there isn't enough life, and "rowdy" and "rude" if they're having too much fun. When you're engrossed in the atmosphere its easier to be unbiased and have a positive experience.

I've heard that ours tends to stack up pretty favorably, but this may be going off of old news, when the fans were more interested. But still, I think that our game day experience does a great job of blending great local sports bars in with ubiquitous tailgating throughout the city. The walkability score is high too throughout the good parts of the city. I think that's a breath of fresh air to people who are used to acres of open grass tailgates surrounded by highways without a restaurant or bar for miles.

Just try to be a little mindful of the bad neighborhood. Baltimore has a ton of great areas, but over half of it is rough and dangerous. Just make sure not to be another statistic and stick to the good areas. Happy tailgating!
    I absolutely will. We have had quite a variety of experiences so far. We live in Ottawa, a 40 minute drive to the border. The weekend basically started with four of us heading to Buffalo for a game (the closest team to us). The next year we had 8 people and over the years it has grown from there to now having enough people to rent a coach bus for the weekend, so nobody has to be the DD. We are limited to where we can get to by driving (we basically have several options within 10 hours). We have been to Detroit a couple of times, Washington, Philly, Cleveland, NY (Jets), and this year Baltimore. That leaves us Pittsburgh, New England and NY (Giants) within driving distance but very difficult to get 46 tickets in those three cities without having to mortgage the house (we usually get group rates at most stadiums and those three do not offer them).
    We have had good experiences everywhere we have been so far, but the tailgates in Buffalo, Philly and Washington (sorry), have been standouts so far. Buffalo is a different one as it is by far the rowdiest and "drunkest" of all. The stadium is in the middle of nowhere, so the parking lots and fields are the only option and people come early and hard.
    In Washington we joined the Hail BBQ crew and really enjoyed ourselves and found the pregame atmosphere to be really good, although the fact that it was late in the season and really nice out helped a lot too.
    Our one disappointment so far was NY Jets tailgate. It was a very different feel, with very little atmosphere.

Thanks also for the tips about your city. We tend to research areas before we head to a new city and hope we make good choices. We are staying in the Inner Harbor area and hope to spend Saturday night at a sports bar or club. We saw Power Plant Live as an option, is that a good/safe choice? Basically we range in age from 21-55 but many of us forget that we are on the higher end of that range for the annual NFL weekend!
    Any recommendations for sports bars or restaurants for Saturday or to watch the Sunday night game after the Raven's game would also be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    I happen to also have two UK guests coming over for that game! The "unofficial" RSR tailgate (Greg, Myself, Fanatic, camdenyard & WexKevin) tailgate on a grass lot on the corner of Wicomico & West Ostend Streets (next to Lot O). You are more than welcome at our tailgate. We start 5 hours before gametime. I'll be serving breakfast and lunch. Oh, and we have a nice ice luge in our lot (proceeds going to charity). PM me for details. I'd just need a head count so I can make the appropriate amount of food.
    man that sounds like a great time.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by neighbor2thenorth View Post
    Hi. Thanks for responding. It looks like I might be too new to the forum to have access to PM you. I get a message each time I try. Anyway, if you are able to message me details that would be appreciated. As I said, we are a big group (46), so I don't know if that is an issue. We are in the process of finalizing our for the weekend (e.g. hotel, tickets, coach bus, etc), so the tailgate is next on the list. Once I have the details I can run them by the guy who makes all the final decisions for us. Thanks
    Give it a shot now. I sent you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    man that sounds like a great time.
    It is!

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

I absolutely will. We have had quite a variety of experiences so far. We live in Ottawa, a 40 minute drive to the border. The weekend basically started with four of us heading to Buffalo for a game (the closest team to us). The next year we had 8 people and over the years it has grown from there to now having enough people to rent a coach bus for the weekend, so nobody has to be the DD. We are limited to where we can get to by driving (we basically have several options within 10 hours). We have been to Detroit a couple of times, Washington, Philly, Cleveland, NY (Jets), and this year Baltimore. That leaves us Pittsburgh, New England and NY (Giants) within driving distance but very difficult to get 46 tickets in those three cities without having to mortgage the house (we usually get group rates at most stadiums and those three do not offer them).
    We have had good experiences everywhere we have been so far, but the tailgates in Buffalo, Philly and Washington (sorry), have been standouts so far. Buffalo is a different one as it is by far the rowdiest and "drunkest" of all. The stadium is in the middle of nowhere, so the parking lots and fields are the only option and people come early and hard.
    In Washington we joined the Hail BBQ crew and really enjoyed ourselves and found the pregame atmosphere to be really good, although the fact that it was late in the season and really nice out helped a lot too.
    Our one disappointment so far was NY Jets tailgate. It was a very different feel, with very little atmosphere.

Thanks also for the tips about your city. We tend to research areas before we head to a new city and hope we make good choices. We are staying in the Inner Harbor area and hope to spend Saturday night at a sports bar or club. We saw Power Plant Live as an option, is that a good/safe choice? Basically we range in age from 21-55 but many of us forget that we are on the higher end of that range for the annual NFL weekend!
    Any recommendations for sports bars or restaurants for Saturday or to watch the Sunday night game after the Raven's game would also be appreciated.
    The Inner Harbor is a very nice area for the weekend. You all will have a great time there PowerPlant is also a great time. Different venues and selections of music. Nice you will be here when it’s not getting too cold out also. You will have, hopefully, nice weather on the harbor. Fells Point is also only a 5 minute taxi/uber. Basically a nice area where there are bars beside each other lining an entire couple blocks. Nice safe place to go if you have groups within the 46 that are interested in different venues.

As far as food, love Nicks fish house. On the water and spacious. Have an outside deck that’s awesome to sit at, have lunch/dinner and get loaded. 46 is a lot but I’m sure if you guys got on the ball a reservation could be made. Amazing food. They have all of the Baltimore staples that an out of towner would want to eat. So weird but they have the best chicken tenders I’ve ever had in my life. Yes, I’m a grown man but I made my son and if a 4 year old refuses to eat, I will eat his food for him.

But like others have said, don’t venture too far from around the inner harbor/fells point. Stay out of the Fairfield area, Orangeville and Cherry Hill as well as a couple others. Like you already stated, do your homework before you come and you will know the places to avoid.
    Last edited by Ravens4Real; 08-16-2018 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    You will be welcome at any tailgate that you choose. My group is west of the stadium and if you are interested, PM me for details. The Unofficial RSR Tailgate is one option and is closer than mine. If you want to be closer to the stadium, I am sure there are those who can point you in the right direction.
    Where's the Unofficial RSR tailgate? I'll be at the opener and would to meet some of you guys. Fair warning, I'll have a bunch of family in tow and they're all Bills fans (but not assholes). We're bringing tailgate stuff too, just would love to swing by and say hi to my peeps.

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Where's the Unofficial RSR tailgate? I'll be at the opener and would to meet some of you guys. Fair warning, I'll have a bunch of family in tow and they're all Bills fans (but not assholes). We're bringing tailgate stuff too, just would love to swing by and say hi to my peeps.
    Awesome! We are on the corner of Wicomico & West Ostend Streets. It's a grass lot and our group will be on the end facing Wicomico Street. PM me and I can give you more details.

Dag! I missed the 46 of you guys! That's a tad too much for our tailgate to handle! But, if you are looking for a fun tailgate for the whole group, I suggest BMore Around Town. They have great tailgates with food, music and beer in one package. Here are the details: http://www.bmorearoundtown.com/event...PurpleTailgate

11. Re: Tailgate-Out of town guests

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    Dag! I missed the 46 of you guys! That's a tad too much for our tailgate to handle! But, if you are looking for a fun tailgate for the whole group, I suggest BMore Around Town. They have great tailgates with food, music and beer in one package. Here are the details: http://www.bmorearoundtown.com/event...PurpleTailgate
    Thanks. I figured as much. Not a problem. I appreciate the tip for Bmore, as it was one that I found. We also saw one put on by another group at Hammerjacks, but wasn't sure if the Bmore was more what we were looking for.

Thanks. I figured as much. Not a problem. I appreciate the tip for Bmore, as it was one that I found. We also saw one put on by another group at Hammerjacks, but wasn't sure if the Bmore was more what we were looking for.
    No problem. I can personally recommend BMore. I've done Ravens away game trips with them and did a Caps game trip with them in March/April. It's definitely a good time.

You're still more than welcome to stop by and say hi and have a beer or two with us (if you want to do a little walking).