Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Ravens Madden Ratings

How the heck is JT rated an 86? He is arguably the best kicker in the business. Michael Pierce is also an 86 but Ronnie Stanley is just a 79? Cant comprehend it.

Re: Ravens Madden Ratings

Madden's ratings never make sense.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    How the heck is JT rated an 86? He is arguably the best kicker in the business. Michael Pierce is also an 86 but Ronnie Stanley is just a 79? Cant comprehend it.
    They've totally redone their ratings. 90+ is pretty much HOF level player. 80+ is pro bowl level. etc.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

"Good Morning Football" will probably have 12 segments on Madden ratings.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    They do if you consider that the guys making the ratings are a bunch of computer nerds that likely never played sports AT ALL.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

You could just go in and adjust the ratings yourself and save a separate roster for online play.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    It's Maddening... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Maybe they got Stanley's rating mixed up with his jersey number.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    Maybe they got Stanley's rating mixed up with his jersey number.
    It's laziness. He was a 79 last year too.

Blog Entries

Madden's OVR ratings are based on a combination of their individual ratings with some being weighed more heavily than others. It's not an arbitrary number they've decided on for the player. I haven't looked deep at Tucker's ratings but my guess is his kick power and accuracy are very high, but the OVR is lower because other ratings, such as his speed, are much lower. You can see this for yourself by going in and editing the player's ratings one by one to see how they impact his OVR.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Madden's OVR ratings are based on a combination of their individual ratings with some being weighed more heavily than others. It's not an arbitrary number they've decided on for the player. I haven't looked deep at Tucker's ratings but my guess is his kick power and accuracy are very high, but the OVR is lower because other ratings, such as his speed, are much lower. You can see this for yourself by going in and editing the player's ratings one by one to see how they impact his OVR.
    Well said. Not all "overalls" are equal if that makes sense.

I'd rather have Tucker as an 86 overall with nearly maxed out kicking stats and bad strength/speed rather than a 89 overall kicker with lesser kicking stats but better strength/speed.

Relax guys. The modern ratings also account for importance of position as well. Its much easier to be a 99 QB than another other position. And the max you can get to as a FB, K, or P is in the high ratings with the relevant areas maxed out. Look at player ratings like you would look at player grades on draft day. A higher score is about importance to the team. Also, compensation levels reflect this as well. Generally, even the best kickers in the game aren't going to be as valuable as a very good position player. You won't win a lot of games if you pay a kicker $15 million a year, even if they spam 50 yard kicks all game. Similarly, a Pro Bowl QB who isn't necessarily the best may get a higher rating than the best LG in the game. Some guards (because they're considered less important positions) may have their numbers maxed out, but they will have a lower rating than a high performing QB due to the importance of the position.