Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Who makes the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    I just think people are writing off Dixon way too easily, personally. He's definitely been hurt a ton but if he's healthy going into the season, there's no way you cut him. People forget that he's a talented player and you're not just going to find his skill set on the open market in the middle of the season. If he gets another significant injury then sure, attention has to be placed elsewhere. I just don't think you give up on a guy with his skill set that easily or it could be us on the opposite end of the Collins acquisition.

If he does get hurt, they're adding someone else. I certainly trust Ricard for a few carries here and there but there's absolutely no way I'd ever want him sniffing serious carries unless it's a dire emergency. I highly doubt the team would want that, either.
    I agree, but he has to show me something. The guy has been out of the league for a year due to both suspensions and injuries. I have no confidence he still has the goods until he shows me on the field. Until he does, I honestly think the team should pursue other avenues. The second he comes out and produces I'll change my tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I agree, but he has to show me something. The guy has been out of the league for a year due to both suspensions and injuries. I have no confidence he still has the goods until he shows me on the field. Until he does, I honestly think the team should pursue other avenues. The second he comes out and produces I'll change my tune.
    I mean, yeah, he does have to show something on the field. With that being said, I think this is a time to remember that it's not about what we think though. It's about what the team is going to do. They might not have seen him on the field on game days but they've seen him for plenty of practices so far. So for us, we haven't seen him in a long time but that's not the case for the decision makers. I don't doubt that he has work to do but this team is certainly smart enough to realize the talent that Dixon does have and I'd be shocked if they gave up on him unless he's forced off the field again.

I mean, yeah, he does have to show something on the field. With that being said, I think this is a time to remember that it's not about what we think though. It's about what the team is going to do. They might not have seen him on the field on game days but they've seen him for plenty of practices so far. So for us, we haven't seen him in a long time but that's not the case for the decision makers. I don't doubt that he has work to do but this team is certainly smart enough to realize the talent that Dixon does have and I'd be shocked if they gave up on him unless he's forced off the field again.
    I mean, I think that might be a little speculation don't you? Yeah the team might have seen something in the practices that we haven't seen even though they've been open to media and Dixon has missed most practices. I also think you're basing this talent you claim Dixon to have on his rookie year, and it's important to remember he's been out of football since then. That can make a player really rust, and it's hard for players to come back the same from that.

I mean, I think that might be a little speculation don't you? Yeah the team might have seen something in the practices that we haven't seen even though they've been open to media and Dixon has missed most practices. I also think you're basing this talent you claim Dixon to have on his rookie year, and it's important to remember he's been out of football since then. That can make a player really rust, and it's hard for players to come back the same from that.
    It might be a bit speculative but what other choice do we have? If everything was based on what we see then we'd be terrible at this because we only see a tiny fraction of what goes on.

However, coaches have also mentioned him in their pressers. Harbaugh expressed excitement. Hammock expressed excitement but noted that he has to get on the field. Marty was on the critical side saying he needs to get on the field and stay in shape. Regardless, I think this team knows what they might have in him, and they know what they might be missing if Dixon himself doesn't do what he needs to do.

I'm not saying Dixon is a lock or anything, but pending health, I don't think he has too much to worry about.

It might be a bit speculative but what other choice do we have? If everything was based on what we see then we'd be terrible at this because we only see a tiny fraction of what goes on.

However, coaches have also mentioned him in their pressers. Harbaugh expressed excitement. Hammock expressed excitement but noted that he has to get on the field. Marty was on the critical side saying he needs to get on the field and stay in shape. Regardless, I think this team knows what they might have in him, and they know what they might be missing if Dixon himself doesn't do what he needs to do.

I'm not saying Dixon is a lock or anything, but pending health, I don't think he has too much to worry about.
    I guess we just have to wait and see. I hope Dixon proves to be a very productive back for us. I was so excited when we drafted him.

I think a lot of fans will look at a young player and automatically assume that there will be some progression from year to year, but that very often isn't the case. We haven't seen jack shit since his rookie year, and for all we know he's regressed. I am pretty much of the same opinion. The Ravens should be active in pursuing another running back for depth.

I will amend what I said in the other thread and place this as the RB Corp:

Collins, B. Allen, Dixon, Ricard (FB).

To add, the presence of Ricard is why I think we only carry three TEs. (Hurst, Andrews, Boyle). Ricard brings that H-back presence.

Ketivah v'chatima tovah

Collins and Buck is Safe. And hopefully both stay healthy. Still to see if Dixon, Edwards or Thompson do much in preseason.
    If noone shines and If need to bring in a RB for behind Collins and Buck.. I’m definitely watching and calling Vikings to see if camp cutting trading can happen. Send them BP, Dixon, Carl Davis and Correa for Roc Thomas.

That would be my perfect backfield for Joe for a couple Years. Cheap too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    I will amend what I said in the other thread and place this as the RB Corp:

Collins, B. Allen, Dixon, Ricard (FB).

To add, the presence of Ricard is why I think we only carry three TEs. (Hurst, Andrews, Boyle). Ricard brings that H-back presence.

Ketivah v'chatima tovah
    Ricard is becoming a valuable, versatile player. FB, H-back/TE, and DT. he should save us at least one roster spot... Bc

I just think people are writing off Dixon way too easily, personally. He's definitely been hurt a ton but if he's healthy going into the season, there's no way you cut him. People forget that he's a talented player and you're not just going to find his skill set on the open market in the middle of the season. If he gets another significant injury then sure, attention has to be placed elsewhere. I just don't think you give up on a guy with his skill set that easily or it could be us on the opposite end of the Collins acquisition.

If he does get hurt, they're adding someone else. I certainly trust Ricard for a few carries here and there but there's absolutely no way I'd ever want him sniffing serious carries unless it's a dire emergency. I highly doubt the team would want that, either.
    For awhile the team was only carrying two rbs + leach as well though

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post

In the end, Dixon may break a 30 yard TD run and the RB Corp of Collins, Allen, Dixon and Ricard will be official. Then Skywalker's turn to the dark side will be complete. Oops sorry, watching Star Wars.

Ketivah v'chatima tovah

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post

They also did it a couple of years back when (I think?) Buck Allen was routinely inactive in the beginning of the season. Then, they had an injury scare and they haven't gone with less than 3 since.