Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    6/7:

Brandon Williams
    Willie Henry
    Brent Urban
    Michael Pierce
    Chris Wormley
    Zach Sieler
    Pat Ricard (depending on if you count him as DL or FB)
    Those are the 7 as I handicap them now. Carl Davis may be a player they can exchange for another team's cut. Nice balance of position with plenty of backup size in that group if needed.

Re: Who makes the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    Those are the 7 as I handicap them now. Carl Davis may be a player they can exchange for another team's cut. Nice balance of position with plenty of backup size in that group if needed.
    I was originally on board with Carl Davis considering he played decently last year, but he just seems like a guy that is what he is. He doesn't move the needle. Sieler at least has some potential.

6/7:

Brandon Williams
    Willie Henry
    Brent Urban
    Michael Pierce
    Chris Wormley
    Zach Sieler
    Pat Ricard (depending on if you count him as DL or FB)
    ^^ This

With Ricard counting as DL and FB it sure does increase the likelihood the team carries 10 total from both positions. However, I'll post an alternative:

3 RBs

Alex Collins
    Buck Allen
    Pat Ricard

7 DL

Brandon Williams
    Willie Henry
    Brent Urban
    Michael Pierce
    Chris Wormley
    Zach Sieler
    Carl Davis or Bronson Kaufusi

The idea is, they hold on to a better player as long as possible while cutting Kenneth Dixon... then sign their fourth RB when vested veteran signings are available. If there's no trade partner and everyone stays healthy, then they get rid of Davis / Kaufusi.

I suspect Wormley and Sieler spend significant inactive time during the season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    Is Wormley even safe. I've heard nothing from him.
    Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Chris Wormley, a 3rd round draft choice in 2017, is IMO completely safe. Not only is he in his 2nd year, but came out of a draft where Ozzie passed up on several offensive players to draft him. Also keep in mind the Ravens first two players selected (Humphrey and Bowser) were defensive too. The Ravens would look like damn fools if he was released... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    With Ricard counting as DL and FB it sure does increase the likelihood the team carries 10 total from both positions. However, I'll post an alternative:

3 RBs

Alex Collins
    Buck Allen
    Pat Ricard

7 DL

Brandon Williams
    Willie Henry
    Brent Urban
    Michael Pierce
    Chris Wormley
    Zach Sieler
    Carl Davis or Bronson Kaufusi

The idea is, they hold on to a better player as long as possible while cutting Kenneth Dixon... then sign their fourth RB when vested veteran signings are available. If there's no trade partner and everyone stays healthy, then they get rid of Davis / Kaufusi.

I highly doubt that's a risk they're willing to take, even for 1 game. You can put Ricard's name down as a FB, but he's not going to be a guy that carries the ball. It's not like we still have Juice here where you know in an emergency, he can at least function as a RB. Nothing against Ricard of course, but he's just not that type of player despite being incredibly athletic at his size.

Beyond that, Dixon is a better player than Davis or Kaufusi so I don't think there's any reason to do this in the first place.

I don’t know how you leave Kaufusi off at this time. He has been one of the best so far. Would like to see Ravens trade Carl Davis and z Smith

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    I don’t know how you leave Kaufusi off at this time. He has been one of the best so far. Would like to see Ravens trade Carl Davis and z Smith
    I was actually decently surprised with Kaufusi as a rusher in game 1, but he can't hold the edge at all and he'd have to do that at DE or OLB. Really hard for him to make it as a pass rusher with 6 OLBs currently slated to make the roster.

ZDS isn't going anywhere. He's the only one of our OLBs that is used as an interior rusher.

I highly doubt that's a risk they're willing to take, even for 1 game. You can put Ricard's name down as a FB, but he's not going to be a guy that carries the ball. It's not like we still have Juice here where you know in an emergency, he can at least function as a RB. Nothing against Ricard of course, but he's just not that type of player despite being incredibly athletic at his size.

Beyond that, Dixon is a better player than Davis or Kaufusi so I don't think there's any reason to do this in the first place.
    What are you basing this off of? I see no reason Ricard couldn't be an effective ball carrier. Sure he's 284 lbs according to Wikipedia, which is a little bit heavy, but on short conversions that might be an asset. He's got some real burst of speed to him. I don't know I'd like to actually see him get a shot before declaring that he can't do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    What are you basing this off of? I see no reason Ricard couldn't be an effective ball carrier. Sure he's 284 lbs according to Wikipedia, which is a little bit heavy, but on short conversions that might be an asset. He's got some real burst of speed to him. I don't know I'd like to actually see him get a shot before declaring that he can't do the job.
    He's 311 now. Regardless, I think it's pretty self explanatory. There's a reason 300+ lb. RBs don't exist. Short yardage a few times a year? No problem. No team wants to be put in a situation where a guy like Ricard is their primary ball carrier though, and it doesn't take much with only 2 guys ahead of him, especially with how much a guy like Buck is used in the passing game as well.

He's 311 now. Regardless, I think it's pretty self explanatory. There's a reason 300+ lb. RBs don't exist. Short yardage a few times a year? No problem. No team wants to be put in a situation where a guy like Ricard is their primary ball carrier though, and it doesn't take much with only 2 guys ahead of him, especially with how much a guy like Buck is used in the passing game as well.
    Yeah I definitely agree he shouldn't be the primary ball carrier, but I definitely think he can be used very situationally, and because of that plus the durability of Buck and the clear talent of Collins, I'm not entirely sure we need to carry another Running Back like Dixon, Edwards, or a camp cut. If Collins is hurt maybe you pick someone up at that point, kind of like we did with Collins last year, but honestly if nobody's performing why waste a roster spot on a running back when you can get one so easily in the middle of the season you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Yeah I definitely agree he shouldn't be the primary ball carrier, but I definitely think he can be used very situationally, and because of that plus the durability of Buck and the clear talent of Collins, I'm not entirely sure we need to carry another Running Back like Dixon, Edwards, or a camp cut. If Collins is hurt maybe you pick someone up at that point, kind of like we did with Collins last year, but honestly if nobody's performing why waste a roster spot on a running back when you can get one so easily in the middle of the season you know?
    I just think people are writing off Dixon way too easily, personally. He's definitely been hurt a ton but if he's healthy going into the season, there's no way you cut him. People forget that he's a talented player and you're not just going to find his skill set on the open market in the middle of the season. If he gets another significant injury then sure, attention has to be placed elsewhere. I just don't think you give up on a guy with his skill set that easily or it could be us on the opposite end of the Collins acquisition.

If he does get hurt, they're adding someone else. I certainly trust Ricard for a few carries here and there but there's absolutely no way I'd ever want him sniffing serious carries unless it's a dire emergency. I highly doubt the team would want that, either.