Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex Collins

Alex Collins

You know who I haven't heard a WORD about in training camp?

Fill me in, people! Who's been there and seen him?? How's he look???

Re: Alex Collins

He's been laying low and I love it. No talk about migraines either.

3. Re: Alex Collins

Everything Ive heard/read says he's ready for another monster season. He added 5lbs of muscle and still very elusive and fast. Should be a great season for him.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

When I went to Training Camp I noticed that he was blowing off the line and sprinting down the field after the whistle. He spurred Buck Allen and Gus Edwards to do the same thing.

Keeping my fingers crossed that he can step up and be the RB-threat.
    Captain Offense

Dude is hungry...can't wait to see some more of that Irish Dancing!
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr

Had a nice run on the Rams.

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    He's going to have a career year, one of the best seasons for a runningback in Ravens history. Rivaling those of Jamal Lewis'
    I think that's a little much. If he plays 16 games, I'm looking for a 1200-1300 yard season with 8 TD give or take and borderline making the Pro Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I think that's a little much. If he plays 16 games, I'm looking for a 1200-1300 yard season with 8 TD give or take and borderline making the Pro Bowl.
    I'm honestly pushing for about 1300-1500 yards rushing and 12-15 touchdowns. Collins is good enough and we have the guards for him to do it.

Last season Collins had nearly 1,000 yards and he didn't even have double digit attempts until the fourth game (in which he only had 12). He only had 20 attempts in a game twice last year. I think by him having the starting job from the start and them increasing his attempts over the season compared to last year he is poised for a big year and we should expect really good numbers from him. He was consistent last year but he only had two games over 100 yards which is directly connected to his modest number of carries and his issue with migraines I think. So if he gets 20+ attempts most games he should have a breakout season. I'm excited to watch him. Just hopefully he stays healthy and doesn't get a case of fumbleitis which could limit his carries.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I'm honestly pushing for about 1300-1500 yards rushing and 12-15 touchdowns. Collins is good enough and we have the guards for him to do it.
    I believe Buck Allen still hawks some yards and TDs away from Collins. Combined, I think the Ravens could have a very good run game. Especially if the WRs actually force coverage.

Collins looked good to me, although at Sunday's practice I noticed Buck Allen a lot more. Dixon better get it together, or he's going to get left out of the mix, because these guys look ready and hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    Last season Collins had nearly 1,000 yards and he didn't even have double digit attempts until the fourth game (in which he only had 12). He only had 20 attempts in a game twice last year. I think by him having the starting job from the start and them increasing his attempts over the season compared to last year he is poised for a big year and we should expect really good numbers from him. He was consistent last year but he only had two games over 100 yards which is directly connected to his modest number of carries and his issue with migraines I think. So if he gets 20+ attempts most games he should have a breakout season. I'm excited to watch him. Just hopefully he stays healthy and doesn't get a case of fumbleitis which could limit his carries.
    The only thing I worry about is that Collins visibly worn down by the end of the season. I am hoping that it's because he just wasn't used to a full season of being a starting back, so last year it was kind of similar to him hitting the rookie wall. Either way, we are going to rely on Buck a lot this season in order to keep Collins fresh.