Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Lawful Police Order.....obey or don't. You choose.

Quote Originally Posted by El Fanatico Chupa View Post
    Look back at some of my posts. I stated its a culture thing, unfortunately to everyone's dismay that happen to be large majority of African American people just as you stated who are committing these crimes. Some people including on this board want to blame it on racial profiling, police brutality or even Trump and that is just a flat out lie. That is this victimization mentality that I said is taught. You want to say its ecomonics/culture I am in agreement on that.

The argument on disparity based on population size is a joke. Criminals are criminals.
    Police arrest the people who are committing those crimes, just a large portion of them happen to be minority. That isn't a racist statement. Just citing the facts regarding arrests and prison population
    Maybe theres more posts out there that clear some of that up that i didnt see. how does the totals factor into that and prove your point? theres double the whites shot by cops as blacks every year". Ok. If were just breaking it out by race, there shouldnt be a discrepancy (at least that large) outside the population percentage. we may agree on the real underlying issue here, but ill disagree with how youre linking those totals to it, which were divided by race and not crime.

Heres a chart of crime, which I think is a better representation/correlation. When I said there are other factors, this social/economic issue of urban areas and that crime rate is what i was referring to, which NC pointed out is the better correlation and I agree.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...decoverviewpdf

to me, this lines up with those numbers better. Whites commit 2x as many crimes as blacks in most cases. so when considering those that commit crimes, youre about equal to get shot doing so, regardless of race.

To my latter point as to why somebody, particularly in the black community, may have the perspective that theres something going on (that isnt) based off that, is because youre a lot more likely to come to that feeling when looking at those effected by population. using the 3/1000 vs 9/1000. theres going to be 3x as many friends/family effected and seeing/having first hand experience of those that are shot by police. Its a ripple effect. Its ignoring the impact of such, and the human element within those communities.

Unjust shootings are part of whats getting mixed up here and happen with all races, and are something I do agree with happens more than it should. There is no taking back deadly force but thats completely subjective on a case by case scenario. Are those happening more or less in the black community? I have no idea, but that above ripple effect is going to be similar. I know Ive seen videos of white suspects shot in questionable terms as well as black or hispanic or whatever. I think thats a different issue, a need for better police recruitment and training whcih ive talked about here before.

as far as any of this proving systemic racism doesnt exist? i dont really see them as that related. I think one is the result of enforcing laws, whether or not those laws are racist in their conception, is outside enforcing them once made. Id sooner say those pointing to cop shootings as a sign of systemic are just as wrong as those arguing those numbers prove there isnt.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 08-15-2018 at 01:56 PM.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Maybe theres more posts out there that clear some of that up that i didnt see. how does the totals factor into that and prove your point? theres double the whites shot by cops as blacks every year". Ok. If were just breaking it out by race, there shouldnt be a discrepancy (at least that large) outside the population percentage. we may agree on the real underlying issue here, but ill disagree with how youre linking those totals to it, which were divided by race and not crime.

Heres a chart of crime, which I think is a better representation/correlation. When I said there are other factors, this social/economic issue of urban areas and that crime rate is what i was referring to, which NC pointed out is the better correlation and I agree.

to me, this lines up with those numbers better. Whites commit 2x as many crimes as blacks in most cases. so when considering those that commit crimes, youre about equal to get shot doing so, regardless of race.

To my latter point as to why somebody, particularly in the black community, may have the perspective that theres something going on (that isnt) based off that, is because youre a lot more likely to come to that feeling when looking at those effected by population. using the 3/1000 vs 9/1000. theres going to be 3x as many friends/family effected and seeing/having first hand experience of those that are shot by police. Its a ripple effect. Its ignoring the impact of such, and the human element within those communities.

Unjust shootings are part of whats getting mixed up here and happen with all races, and are something I do agree with happens more than it should. There is no taking back deadly force but thats completely subjective on a case by case scenario. Are those happening more or less in the black community? I have no idea, but that above ripple effect is going to be similar. I know Ive seen videos of white suspects shot in questionable terms as well as black or hispanic or whatever. I think thats a different issue, a need for better police recruitment and training whcih ive talked about here before.

as far as any of this proving systemic racism doesnt exist? i dont really see them as that related. I think one is the result of enforcing laws, whether or not those laws are racist in their conception, is outside enforcing them once made. Id sooner say those pointing to cop shootings as a sign of systemic are just as wrong as those arguing those numbers prove there isnt.
    Great post, JAB.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    I remember when I was in high school

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Law Enforcment Officer.
    thanks Blah

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El Fanatico Chupa View Post
    Very good post.

One thing I didn't see pointed out though is this chart shows (Whites) only 3 other categories and where a lot of this data is misleading law enforcement agencies actually lump (Latino arrests) into the whites numbers. So the chart you showed doesn't show true numbers separating it by actual racial statistics. So the numbers are inflated in one racial category vs the other.
    Thats a good observation and certainly true in the context that they dont account for latinos separately based on these numbers. assuming law enforcement is lumping all Latinos as white im not sure is accurate. Id guess that depends more on skin tone than just all latinos are considered white, or at least varies to some degree nationally on how thats considered. maybe case by case. I could see one being more influenced than the other, but both are probably higher than reality based off that.

These numbers certainly still have their issues. Most states use a black, white, or other basis for distinguishing race during arrests, despite Latinos accounting for more than blacks currently within the population. I would think if we had harder data for them, wed see a similar issue, as they make up a larger percentage of high population/low education areas similar to blacks.
    -JAB

6. Re: Lawful Police Order.....obey or don't. You choose.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    this cat got what he deserved
    Exactly. And I don't give a rat's ass what color he (or the cops) were. Ignore a lawful police order (many times over), pull a gun. You're gonna die.
    Last edited by blueridgemtnman; 08-15-2018 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Exactly. And I don't give a rat's ass what fuckin' color he (or the cops) were. Ignore a lawful police order (many times over), pull a gun. You're gonna die.
    you gotta be some special level of stupid to pull a gun on a LEO and expect to survive

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    This.

Again, if anyone wants to cite population disparities and attach them to filters...it has to apply EVERYWHERE! Politics, sports, businesses, etc.

The NFL and NBA are racist against white people because both leagues are predominantly black.

LEO’s are sexist against men because more males are arrested compared to females.

Video game companies are sexist against women because they create more male-themed games.

Garth Brooks is racist because his music is marketed more towards white people.

Snoop Dogg is racist because his music videoes predominantly feature AA’s than white people.

CNN is definitely racist because they have 9 minority “on air” talents and about 25 white people.

We can go on and on and on and on. Leftist logic. Sheeple follow.
    Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. When given an equal opportunity blacks have shined in the NFL and the NBA. I recall when the NBA and the NFL were predominant white. Bad example. Bad example for video games and even worst for music.

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. When given an equal opportunity blacks have shined in the NFL and the NBA. I recall when the NBA and the NFL were predominant white. Bad example. Bad example for video games and even worst for music.
    Is it like that now? No? Then what's your point? Sounds to me like you want to live vicariously through someone elses struggles.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Is it like that now? No? Then what's your point? Sounds to me like you want to live vicariously through someone elses struggles.
    Bin-fucking-go

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post

You're on a roll, dude. Another great post.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Kunta Filth?
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎