Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My current 53

Re: My current 53

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    Total Offense: 25

QB - 3: Flacco, RGIII, Jackson. (Jackson's not close to ready and we can't go in with just Flacco yet again)

RB - 3: Collins, Buck, Dixon

FB - 1: Ricard

WR - 6: Crabtree, J Brown, Snead, Moore, Lasley, White/Grant. (Perriman cut, Scott to phantom IR, loser of White/Grant to PS)

TE - 4: Hurst, Andrews, Williams, Boyle

OL - 8: Stanley, Hurst, Skura, Yanda, O Brown, Nico, Lewis, Bozeman

Total Defense: 25

DL - 6: B Williams, Pierce, Henry, Wormley, Urban, Sieler

OLB - 6: Suggs, Judon, Bowser, T Williams, Correa, Z Smith

ILB - 3: Mosley, Onwuasor, Young

CB - 6: Jimmy, Humphrey, Carr, Young, Canady, Averett. (Hill on PUP)

S - 4: Weddle, Jefferson, Levine, Elliot

Total Special Teams: 3
    Tucker, Koch, Cox

Notable cuts: Kaufusi, Chuck Clark, Perriman, Carl Davis. I value RG3 as a backup more than I do any of these guys.
    This is damn near close to what I'd have if you made me guess today.

The big qualm is Chuck Clark. He's the 3rd S so he's not going anywhere.

Only other minor thing is I'd take Eluemunor over Bozeman. I'm just not a Bozeman fan. Think he's a middling talent whereas Eluemunor at least has room to grow and positional versatility.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    We dont keep drafting S so that we can cut them and IR them. well carry over Elliot and Clark, which means Levines time here is numbered imo. Hes a luxury ST ace that we can no longer afford, imo.
    The only thing with that, I think he's going to play more as a nickel LB (dime LB??) than he ever did under Pees. I think we saw a little bit of that vs the Rams. So he not just a luxury spec-teams ace. He's a more important part of the rotation now than before.

We'll see, Lots of hard choices to make.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    The only thing with that, I think he's going to play more as a nickel LB (dime LB??) than he ever did under Pees. I think we saw a little bit of that vs the Rams. So he not just a luxury spec-teams ace. He's a more important part of the rotation now than before.

Levine is a really tough choice, but I get the sense that they'll end up keeping him. I mean, he has been getting the vet treatment where he leaves the game early and takes his pads off. Plus, he's also the ST co-captain along with McClellan and since his time looks to be coming to an end, not sure they'd be comfortable losing Levine as well.

With that being said, you have 2 guys that have a very similar skillset in Clark and Elliott, so to me, I'd move on. I just have to put personal opinions aside and realize that it's not something I think the team will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    to me, I'd move on. I just have to put personal opinions aside and realize that it's not something I think the team will do.
    I think the team TOTALLY does that. It's not a popularity contest. It's just that they really, really value experience and knowledge. They believe that it takes time to learn complex roles. Clark & Elliott are young players; Levine is savvy.

Blog Entries

Clark I believe has been playing this role as well and looking good at it. Elliot is in a similar mold. Young may make that need less necessary with his coverage ability. I think theres ways of replacing him. I think Levine will actually have some value on the trade market for that ability though, which is why I think theyll get rid of him now. rather than squeeze the roster for a guy you get one more year out of vs a rookie deal. or in other words 80-20 rule.
    -JAB

I think the team TOTALLY does that. It's not a popularity contest. It's just that they really, really value experience and knowledge. They believe that it takes time to learn complex roles. Clark & Elliott are young players; Levine is savvy.
    That's always how I try to build my roster predictions. You have to think as the team would, now what you want to happen.

Blog Entries

I would be FLOORED if we go into the season without RGIII and LJ as our only back up.

Only other minor thing is I'd take Eluemunor over Bozeman. I'm just not a Bozeman fan. Think he's a middling talent whereas Eluemunor at least has room to grow and positional versatility.
    Wow, I was going to say almost exactly the same thing and you beat me to it ("Bello!")

I agree with DeltaRaven's list over all, but I think the Ravens really like Chuck Clark and to me he would be a surprise cut.

Having said that, there is bound to be a surprise cut or two. Seems to happen most years.

Clark was my last cut. Hope he proves me wrong but I just haven't seen enough from him. I think even if Clark is on the roster Elliot is going to take over that 3rd safety spot. Clark becomes redundant at that point.

Eluemunor might have the higher ceiling but Bozeman is somebody we can throw in right away and trust to snap the ball in the event Skura gets hurt or struggles. I don't have as much faith in a project like Lewis filling in at center as others do.

Grant will make the team because we've used him too much in the preseason games. Every other team has tape on him and one of them will be looking for a return man. Tim White is much safer to place on the practice in comparison.

Here's why we cut Perriman. He's in the last year of his contract and at best he's John Brown's backup. Why not use that roster on a different player, that also might not contribute as more than a backup this year, but we have for 2-3 more seasons? Simply too much young talent on the bubble this year. Plus, first round money hurts Perriman in comparison.

Granted, we've been lucky with injuries, but when we drafted 12 guys, we're had to know this was going to be an issue. What was the point of all those trade backs if we couldn't keep them all? I would have like to see more of those trades for next year's draft, and a round higher.

I think ozzie needs to be looking to trade away some guys for late rounders next year. A lot of these guys on this cut list will funds homes immediately. Better to try and get something for them now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Here's my 53:

QB: Flacco, RG3, L. Jackson.
    RB: Collins, Allen, Dixon
    FB: Ricard
    TE: Hurst, Andrews, Boyle
    WR: Crabtree, J. Brown, Snead, Lashley, Grant, Scott.
    OL: Stanley, A. Lewis, Skura, Yanda, OBJ, J. Hurst, Siragusa, Eluminor, Bozeman.

DL: B. Williams, W. Henry, Urban, Pierce, Z. Seiler, Wormley
    LB: Suggs, Mosley, Judon, Onwausau, K. Young, Correa, T. Williams, Bowser, Levine.
    S: Weddle, Jefferson, Clark, Elliot.
    CB: J. Smith, Humphrey, T. Young, Carr, Canady, Averritt.

ST: Tucker, Velvek, Cox.

(IR) Tim White, Jaylin Hill, Senat, Adeboyo, B. Bradley, Maxx Williams

Traded: Sam Koch, Carl Davis

My layman's view on this.

Ketivah v'chatima tovah

I think they're setting up for a Tim White stash on IR. Didn't he start camp on PUP? Unsure.

Ketivah v'chatima tovah