Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bengals

Blog Entries

Re: Bengals

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Do they really list Hardy Nickerson as a backup ILB?

I suspect he could actually do it, in a pinch. Great player. But technically he did retire in '02, and has been coaching the last ~dozen years.
    It's Hardy Nickerson Jr. He's nowhere as good as his dad was

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    The thing that really chaps my ass about the Bengals is that they don't BEAT the Ravens. Every game with them is an episode of some bullshit Lemony Snickets unfortunate events clusterfuckery. And then we have to look at sweaty lipped Marvin clapping and that fucking Dalton with that shit-eating grin every time they pull a rabbit out of their ass. I believe it's fully psychological at this point. Yeah they are and have been a decent team, but the way the ravens lose to them just defies logic most years. I know the games against the Steelers will probably wind up being more important, but I'd rather STOMP the Bengals twice and split with the Browns and Pittsburgh.
    It's pretty obvious that the players hate losing to the Bengals. They don't respect them which is why they always feel salty.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It's Hardy Nickerson Jr.
    No shit? That's amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Trackmaster View Post
    Oh great....

They'll probably be good enough to just barely make the play-offs and get bounced in the first round.... But just after they smoke us for a sweep in the regular season. FML I hate the Bengals. A trash franchise who's just good enough early in the season at the right times to nuke our regular season record.
    Preach Track!
    I'd really like to see a Bart Scott to Big Ben type hit on Dalton and then perhaps a screen play that heads out of bounds that just happens to result in Marvin being flattened. I don't wish serious injury on either of them, but I'd love to see that happen. I mean seriously, this tomfoolery with them has spanned two coaching tenures now....balls bouncing off ed Reed and being caught for TDs by Chad Johnson, hail marys that don't get knocked down, Dalton throwing 4 picks at home yet still pulling out a win, any last game play with a single corner covering AJ Green...the list just goes on and on

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    They could be equal... but they literally could not be worse.
    They could be worse, and get blown out all season vs losing some close ones the way they did last season....

I can totally see the Browns going into Pittsburgh and beating the Steelers week 1. You have Todd Haley going back to Pittsburgh against a typically unprepared Mike Tomlin. The Browns should win 5 or 6 games, and the Ravens will have to earn any wins against them.

The Bengals will be the usual thorn in the Ravens side, but as long as Marvin Lewis is there it will be the same old same old. The DC is in Oakland now, and I'm sorry but Andy Dalton does not make me nervous. The Ravens being stupid when they play the Bengals makes me nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    I can totally see the Browns going into Pittsburgh and beating the Steelers week 1.
    I can't.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    I can totally see the Browns going into Pittsburgh and beating the Steelers week 1. You have Todd Haley going back to Pittsburgh against a typically unprepared Mike Tomlin. The Browns should win 5 or 6 games, and the Ravens will have to earn any wins against them.

The Bengals will be the usual thorn in the Ravens side, but as long as Marvin Lewis is there it will be the same old same old. The DC is in Oakland now, and I'm sorry but Andy Dalton does not make me nervous. The Ravens being stupid when they play the Bengals makes me nervous.
    No way the Browns win that game. After watching Hard Knocks the past 2 weeks it's clear just how far behind that team is from most others. They couldn't even figure out how to get in and out of the huddle quickly until Tyrod came up with an idea of how to coach it. The Browns will be better than in years past but they aren't beating the Steelers in Pittsburgh

Steelers are at Cleveland the 1st week. I still don’t see them winning that game with Taylor starting at QB.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    Steelers are at Cleveland the 1st week. I still don’t see them winning that game with Taylor starting at QB.
    Thanks for the clarification. It's just too early in the season. The Browns don't look like a team yet even though they have more talent than in the past. By game 4 they should be a lot better than in week 1.

My apologies, yes the Steelers/Browns game is indeed in Cleveland. Either way it will be full of Steelers fans. Not backing off week 1 upset special. The Browns are going to upset the Steelers.

Blog Entries

I expect that to be a high scoring game. Both teams have talent on offense that’s much better than the D

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!