Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3132333435 LastLast
Results 385 to 396 of 411
  1. #385
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    11,917

    Re: Favorite songs from the 1990s

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    You're looking in the wrong places my friend. The rock scene and all it's sub-genre are still very alive and kicking.

    Here's a band with IMO the best modern metal drummer out there today (might not like the vocals but the musicianship is top notch). The intro will kick your ass. I saw this played live a couple years ago and had an out of body experience (the weed might have helped that).

    If I remember, I'll give this a listen and see how the drumming is. =D

    Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk





  2. #386
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    14,778
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Favorite songs from the 1990s

    Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    If I remember, I'll give this a listen and see how the drumming is. =D

    Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    If you like it check out Flying Whales, Oroborus, Heaviest Matter of the Universe, L'enfant Sauvage...pretty much anything by them is good. They are awesome. I had never heard them until I saw them open for Slipknot a few years ago and now they are one of my favorite bands. They were better live than Slipknot who themselves are one of the best live bands I've seen. Outside of MEtallica I don't know that I've seen a better live performance from both the "as a show" perspective and a musicianship perspective. Incredible precision and stamina.

    The vocals definitely lean towards the more extreme side of metal so I know that's kind of a barrier for some people.
    back on twitter

    "Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52





  3. #387
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bridgeville,DE
    Posts
    13,359

    Re: Favorite songs from the 1990s

    30yrs ago today we lost one of the greatest voices and frontmen ever! Few could own a crowd like him and none could match his vocal prowess.

    Freddie you are missed. There will never be another.
    Now for you “younger” friends here ….enjoy some Queen !

    https://youtu.be/TkFHYODzRTs


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  4. #388
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bridgeville,DE
    Posts
    13,359

    Re: Favorite songs from the 1990s

    Here’s a few more.

    https://youtu.be/HgzGwKwLmgM

    https://youtu.be/kijpcUv-b8M

    https://youtu.be/VMnjF1O4eH0


    Enjoy Fam.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  5. #389
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    16,236
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Favorite songs from the 1990s

    Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    30yrs ago today we lost one of the greatest voices and frontmen ever! Few could own a crowd like him and none could match his vocal prowess.

    Freddie you are missed. There will never be another.
    Now for you “younger” friends here ….enjoy some Queen !

    https://youtu.be/TkFHYODzRTs


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Queen was awesome. Have a newfound appreciation for them after watching Bohemian Rhapsody.





  6. #390
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    14,778
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Favorite songs from the 1990s

    I saw Queen with Adam Lambert a few years ago. It's not the same as Freddie, but it's as close as anyone is ever going to be, and the rest of the band still sounds great. Had amazing seats which we paid a lot for but it was definitely a bucket list thing as Queen ranks in my top 3 favorite bands of all time.

    My video:

    back on twitter

    "Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52





  7. #391
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bridgeville,DE
    Posts
    13,359

    Re: Favorite songs from the 1990s

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I saw Queen with Adam Lambert a few years ago. It's not the same as Freddie, but it's as close as anyone is ever going to be, and the rest of the band still sounds great. Had amazing seats which we paid a lot for but it was definitely a bucket list thing as Queen ranks in my top 3 favorite bands of all time.

    My video:

    Lambert may be a little tooo flamboyant …even for Queen. lol. Great video Thank s for sharing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  8. #392
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    14,778
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Favorite songs from the 1990s

    Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Lambert may be a little tooo flamboyant …even for Queen. lol. Great video Thank s for sharing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He's definitely very effeminate and over the top. Lol. Great show though. I really wish I could have seen them with Freddie.
    back on twitter

    "Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52





  9. #393
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bridgeville,DE
    Posts
    13,359

    Re: Favorite songs from the 1990s

    Kinda using this thread as a general music deal. Anyway.

    Happy 73rd Birthday to Ozzy Osborne ! Man talk about “better living through chemistry!” Lol. Here’s 3 of my favs! Enjoy peoples!

    https://youtu.be/YFSgYa8YfWk

    https://youtu.be/G3LvhdFEOqs

    https://youtu.be/GKY--qaHWSw


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  10. #394
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Overlea, MD
    Posts
    5,096

    Re: Favorite songs from the 1990s

    Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Kinda using this thread as a general music deal. Anyway.

    Happy 73rd Birthday to Ozzy Osborne ! Man talk about “better living through chemistry!” Lol. Here’s 3 of my favs! Enjoy peoples!

    https://youtu.be/YFSgYa8YfWk

    https://youtu.be/G3LvhdFEOqs

    https://youtu.be/GKY--qaHWSw


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You wonder how all these guys are able to live this long, considering the major league levels of hard partying they've done all their lives! I've done my share of drinking in my life, but nothing even close to most of these guys. Yet here I am, younger than them, yet sometimes feeling like I won't make it to tomorrow!





  11. #395
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bridgeville,DE
    Posts
    13,359

    Re: Favorite songs from the 1990s

    Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    You wonder how all these guys are able to live this long, considering the major league levels of hard partying they've done all their lives! I've done my share of drinking in my life, but nothing even close to most of these guys. Yet here I am, younger than them, yet sometimes feeling like I won't make it to tomorrow!
    I feel ya brother. Rock Stars live the “life “ and either flame out way early or live forever.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  12. #396
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    14,778
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Favorite songs from the 1990s

    Not 90's specific but I'm guessing there is some bleed over to the 00's for some of us, did any of you see this show coming to Vegas in October? Been absolutely all over my Facebook and Twitter feed. Counted it up I used to/still do either casually or heavily listen to at least 27 of the bands on this festival. That said, at $225 a ticket + travel to Vegas and a hotel, along with some concerns on the logistics of this many bands in one day, I probably won't be going. If this was a 2 day festival, hell yeah I'd be all over. But not gonna travel from MD to Vegas and find out 3 bands I want to see are all playing 20 minute sets at the same time. I'd be pissed. I'm not 18 anymore at a Warped Tour with unlimited energy to run from stage to stage to see everyone

    back on twitter

    "Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site
var infolinks_pid = 3297965; var infolinks_wsid = 0; //—->