Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast

Re: Favorite songs from the 1990s

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    I used to think the same, but I've come back around on Green Day. Not a big fan of "Warning", but "American Idiot" has some good stuff, getting back to harder sound. I don't have "21st Century Breakdown", but loved "Know Your Enemy" when it came out. They did it on SNL and it totally rocked.

There's a documentary "Heart Like a Hand Grenade" about making "American Idiot" It's a good watch.
    American idiot was actually a good album. And they had a ton of personal issues. But overall if they wanna be a “punk” band ...major success is a sell out. Lol. I don’t think they made a Sex Pistols album into a Broadway Musical. lol.

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    I don’t think they made a Sex Pistols album into a Broadway Musical. lol.

In this day and age Nevermind the Bollocks would probably be Tony Award winning if made into a play, lol.

Shit, I could write one called "The Ballad of Sid and Nancy" that'll make grown men cry. That dude had a FUCKED UP life.

Just seen Metallica at slane castle yesterday. 75k people, class day

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Metallica at a castle sounds fun

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

They play Enter Sandman?

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    They play Enter Sandman?
    Last song.

https://www.metallica.com/events/201...ne-castle.html

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    I used to think the same, but I've come back around on Green Day. Not a big fan of "Warning", but "American Idiot" has some good stuff, getting back to harder sound. I don't have "21st Century Breakdown", but loved "Know Your Enemy" when it came out. They did it on SNL and it totally rocked.

There's a documentary "Heart Like a Hand Grenade" about making "American Idiot" It's a good watch.
    They have started having some listenable stuff again as at least some of the songs are more punk. When they let that influence shine through they still do alright. The pop rock songs are awful though.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    American idiot was actually a good album. And they had a ton of personal issues. But overall if they wanna be a “punk” band ...major success is a sell out. Lol. I don’t think they made a Sex Pistols album into a Broadway Musical. lol.

They haven't wanted to be a "punk" band since I was in college from what I can tell. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    They haven't wanted to be a "punk" band since I was in college from what I can tell. Lol

That sounds about right.

Every once in a while when I need a pick me up. I listen to that song what if god was one of us. Not sure who it is written by but I remember it being in the 90's.

Blog Entries

Saw them in the Snake Pit at M&T on the first date of their tour a couple years ago. Amazing experience. I got to touch James and Kirk.

I'm currently getting hit hard by the fact that a lot of the bands I listened to in the late 90s...are now having 20th anniversary stuff. Limp Bizkit's album Significant Other turns 20 in a few days and I'm struggling to deal with it as I come to terms with how old I'm getting lol. That album blew my mind as a kid - I was in middle school at the time and had yet to get into really "heavy" stuff so it sounded so heavy to me at the time and Fred Durst was the absolute coolest. Blink-182 is playing Enema of the State in it's entirety this summer on tour. It's not the same without Tom but I'm going.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Saw them in the Snake Pit at M&T on the first date of their tour a couple years ago. Amazing experience. I got to touch James and Kirk.

I'm currently getting hit hard by the fact that a lot of the bands I listened to in the late 90s...are now having 20th anniversary stuff. Limp Bizkit's album Significant Other turns 20 in a few days and I'm struggling to deal with it as I come to terms with how old I'm getting lol. That album blew my mind as a kid - I was in middle school at the time and had yet to get into really "heavy" stuff so it sounded so heavy to me at the time and Fred Durst was the absolute coolest. Blink-182 is playing Enema of the State in it's entirety this summer on tour. It's not the same without Tom but I'm going.
    I think we would've been friends in high school based on our music tastes. While my girl friends loved the stupid boy bands, I loved limp bizkit, korn, system of a down, etc.

Along with ska music

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk