Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 333435

Re: Favorite songs from the 1990s

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    3.5 hrs! I would love to see Metallica play that long. Did you go to that Woodstock? I wanted to but at 13 I was just a little young. I saw them when they came to Baltimore about 5 years ago, a bunch of the forum guys did although regrettably no meetup. Should have had one lol. That is my favorite concert of all time.
    Yeah, I was 19…. Got front row center for about 4 songs of Metallica before the immense pressure from the crowd pushing forward became unbearable…. There was a “nipple high” steel fence…. And 100k people pushing forward constantly..: I had my feet up against the fence doing the leg press the whole time once I got there…

Think it went The Offspring RATM, Korn then Metallica…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    New Radicals- You get what you give was a great song.
    This and the video is the quintessential 90s song in my mind. Great tune. And big one hit wonder. Although like the singer for 4 Non Blondes, I think the singer for the New Radicals became a songwriter rather than a performer.

Here's a few that I don't think were mentioned and might be pushing the 00s:

Why Pt. 2 - Collective Soul
    Brand New Low - Treble Charger
    I Hear You Calling - Gob
    Coffee and TV - Blur
    Let me Entertain you - Robbie Williams
    Faded - Soul Decision
    Hello - Oasis
    Away from Me - Puddle of Mudd
    Out of My Head - Fastball

If you like it check out Flying Whales, Oroborus, Heaviest Matter of the Universe, L'enfant Sauvage...pretty much anything by them is good. They are awesome. I had never heard them until I saw them open for Slipknot a few years ago and now they are one of my favorite bands. They were better live than Slipknot who themselves are one of the best live bands I've seen. Outside of MEtallica I don't know that I've seen a better live performance from both the "as a show" perspective and a musicianship perspective. Incredible precision and stamina.

The vocals definitely lean towards the more extreme side of metal so I know that's kind of a barrier for some people.
    I've never seen slipknot, but I believe they would be awesome live if for no other reason than having seen Stone Sour and realizing Corey Taylor is just an awesome front man.
    3.5 hrs! I would love to see Metallica play that long. Did you go to that Woodstock? I wanted to but at 13 I was just a little young. I saw them when they came to Baltimore about 5 years ago, a bunch of the forum guys did although regrettably no meetup. Should have had one lol. That is my favorite concert of all time.
    Yes. Missed opportunity.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk