Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3233343536 LastLast

Re: Favorite songs from the 1990s

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Not 90's specific but I'm guessing there is some bleed over to the 00's for some of us, did any of you see this show coming to Vegas in October? Been absolutely all over my Facebook and Twitter feed. Counted it up I used to/still do either casually or heavily listen to at least 27 of the bands on this festival. That said, at $225 a ticket + travel to Vegas and a hotel, along with some concerns on the logistics of this many bands in one day, I probably won't be going. If this was a 2 day festival, hell yeah I'd be all over. But not gonna travel from MD to Vegas and find out 3 bands I want to see are all playing 20 minute sets at the same time. I'd be pissed. I'm not 18 anymore at a Warped Tour with unlimited energy to run from stage to stage to see everyone

That was my wife and I's take as well. Cool they have all those bands, but not worth it for 3-4 songs apiece.

Edit. Count is like 13 for me, then another 4 or so I'll hear on octane or occasionally look up, but not very much.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    That was my wife and I's take as well. Cool they have all those bands, but not worth it for 3-4 songs apiece.

Edit. Count is like 13 for me, then another 4 or so I'll hear on octane or occasionally look up, but not very much.

Yeah, that was the deciding factor for me. Plus, outside of Avril Lavigne, I really don't love any of the apparent headliners. I'd really be going for all these bands that are going to have sets like you said, 3-4 songs, 20 minutes. Just not worth it. They could have dropped about 20 bands here and I think everyone still would have freaked out just the same.

I did see they added a second day, today, like as tickets went on sale, but it's going to be the same lineup so it doesn't really solve any my problems with it lol.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Not 90's specific but I'm guessing there is some bleed over to the 00's for some of us, did any of you see this show coming to Vegas in October? Been absolutely all over my Facebook and Twitter feed. Counted it up I used to/still do either casually or heavily listen to at least 27 of the bands on this festival. That said, at $225 a ticket + travel to Vegas and a hotel, along with some concerns on the logistics of this many bands in one day, I probably won't be going. If this was a 2 day festival, hell yeah I'd be all over. But not gonna travel from MD to Vegas and find out 3 bands I want to see are all playing 20 minute sets at the same time. I'd be pissed. I'm not 18 anymore at a Warped Tour with unlimited energy to run from stage to stage to see everyone

I used to absolutely love AFI and their first few albums and their first "mainstream" album sing the sorrow was amazing. Not a fan of how they changed their sound after that.

The Used debut album of the same name was fantastic and I listened to that on repeat in college then they fell off a bit and I never really listened to them again.

Jimmy Eat World is great too

Aww the 90’s

I partied like a rockStar
    Alot of great songs then
    But I’ll just listen the bands lol

I’m super heavy with
    Metallica
    Staind
    Halestorm
    Evanescence
    Stone temple pilots
    Alice in chains
    Korn
    Nine inch nails
    Shinedown

Of course i grew up listening to rock and roll in the hood lol.
    Ac/Dc
    Gun and roses
    Warrant
    Poison
    Skid Row

Still love the 90’s over today’s music

Listen to alot of artists , love me some rock , heavy metal , R&B , definitely old school more , rock Pop , guess Emo lol.
    This so many genres nowadays i have no idea what or who in what category.

This Vegas fest, i lit up when show it. Would love the vibe of back in day. But I don’t know the total setup , but if one a day not three , not worth it for me to travel there for it.
    Not super high on the lineup, wished was better then that but it’s cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm pissed off for greatness!!

Twitter Bmore Finest

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Wonderwall - Oasis
    Sex And Candy - Marcy Playground
    Bent - 3AM
    Resurrection - Moist
    Breathe - The Prodigy
    One More Astronaut - I Mother Earth
    Dolphins Cry - Live
    Possum Kingdom - Toadies
    I'm sick but not well - Harvey Danger
    Get what you give - New Radicals
    Fly Away - Lenny Kravitz
    Judith - A Perfect Circle
    Buckcherry - Lit up
    Sweet soul sister - The Cult
    Sparkle And Shine - Econoline Crush
    If You Could Only See - Tonic
    Hemorrhage - Fuel
    Sour Girl - STP
    Low - Cracker
    Vast - Last one Alive
    This is a very cool list

I'm pissed off for greatness!!

Twitter Bmore Finest

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    I used to absolutely love AFI and their first few albums and their first "mainstream" album sing the sorrow was amazing. Not a fan of how they changed their sound after that.

The Used debut album of the same name was fantastic and I listened to that on repeat in college then they fell off a bit and I never really listened to them again.

Jimmy Eat World is great too
    I thought Crash Love was a cool album. All Hallows E.P. is my favorite end to end though.

Blog Entries

Saw Limp Bizkit out at UMBC last night. Holy shit they were amazing. I have no point of reference from 25 years ago because I was too young to see them then but that was a nuts show. Fred sure can still work a crowd. I can die peacefully now.

back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Saw Limp Bizkit out at UMBC last night. Holy shit they were amazing. I have no point of reference from 25 years ago because I was too young to see them then but that was a nuts show. Fred sure can still work a crowd. I can die peacefully now.

Omg I loved them in high school bahahaah

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Going to see Aaron Lewis on Wednesday night, let’s see if he plays much Staind stuff….

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Omg I loved them in high school bahahaah

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    If you have the chance to see them...do it. They are amazing. It was like being transported back to 1999 for a night w/ the crowd that was there. I can not praise their show enough. Metallica is still the best live band I've ever seen but LB was high energy, interactive, and tight musically. Just an awesome show.
    back on twitter

If you have the chance to see them...do it. They are amazing. It was like being transported back to 1999 for a night w/ the crowd that was there. I can not praise their show enough. Metallica is still the best live band I've ever seen but LB was high energy, interactive, and tight musically. Just an awesome show.
    Saw LB open for Primus back to back dates on the SnowCore Tour back in 99 or 2000, and then again at Woodstock k think… they were “ok”.

So I guess that makes SnowCore 98 or 99, was definitely prior to July of 99…

Metallica at Woodstock ‘99 was freaking unreal… 3.5 hours with very few short breaks in the action and all the songs were great…

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Saw LB open for Primus back to back dates on the SnowCore Tour back in 99 or 2000, and then again at Woodstock k think… they were “ok”.

So I guess that makes SnowCore 98 or 99, was definitely prior to July of 99…

Metallica at Woodstock ‘99 was freaking unreal… 3.5 hours with very few short breaks in the action and all the songs were great…

3.5 hrs! I would love to see Metallica play that long. Did you go to that Woodstock? I wanted to but at 13 I was just a little young. I saw them when they came to Baltimore about 5 years ago, a bunch of the forum guys did although regrettably no meetup. Should have had one lol. That is my favorite concert of all time.
    back on twitter