Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 33343536 LastLast

Re: Favorite songs from the 1990s

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    3.5 hrs! I would love to see Metallica play that long. Did you go to that Woodstock? I wanted to but at 13 I was just a little young. I saw them when they came to Baltimore about 5 years ago, a bunch of the forum guys did although regrettably no meetup. Should have had one lol. That is my favorite concert of all time.
    Yeah, I was 19…. Got front row center for about 4 songs of Metallica before the immense pressure from the crowd pushing forward became unbearable…. There was a “nipple high” steel fence…. And 100k people pushing forward constantly..: I had my feet up against the fence doing the leg press the whole time once I got there…

Think it went The Offspring RATM, Korn then Metallica…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    New Radicals- You get what you give was a great song.
    This and the video is the quintessential 90s song in my mind. Great tune. And big one hit wonder. Although like the singer for 4 Non Blondes, I think the singer for the New Radicals became a songwriter rather than a performer.

Here's a few that I don't think were mentioned and might be pushing the 00s:

Why Pt. 2 - Collective Soul
    Brand New Low - Treble Charger
    I Hear You Calling - Gob
    Coffee and TV - Blur
    Let me Entertain you - Robbie Williams
    Faded - Soul Decision
    Hello - Oasis
    Away from Me - Puddle of Mudd
    Out of My Head - Fastball

If you like it check out Flying Whales, Oroborus, Heaviest Matter of the Universe, L'enfant Sauvage...pretty much anything by them is good. They are awesome. I had never heard them until I saw them open for Slipknot a few years ago and now they are one of my favorite bands. They were better live than Slipknot who themselves are one of the best live bands I've seen. Outside of MEtallica I don't know that I've seen a better live performance from both the "as a show" perspective and a musicianship perspective. Incredible precision and stamina.

The vocals definitely lean towards the more extreme side of metal so I know that's kind of a barrier for some people.
    I've never seen slipknot, but I believe they would be awesome live if for no other reason than having seen Stone Sour and realizing Corey Taylor is just an awesome front man.
    3.5 hrs! I would love to see Metallica play that long. Did you go to that Woodstock? I wanted to but at 13 I was just a little young. I saw them when they came to Baltimore about 5 years ago, a bunch of the forum guys did although regrettably no meetup. Should have had one lol. That is my favorite concert of all time.
    Yes. Missed opportunity.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I'm digging this thread out because I have a question and it's the most recent music related thread. Have any of you been to Pier Six Pavilion in Baltimore and thought it was...kind of shitty? I saw the Mega Monsters tour there last night and it has to be the worst venue I've ever been to for sound quality. Like these bands have rather harsh vocals as it is, sure, but I've been to shows like this before and they've not sounded as bad as it did there. Very small and intimate venue, I'd love it if the sound were better.

On a sidenote was my first time in actual Baltimore (not just the stadium lot and stadium) in a very long time and...I'd like to say I felt safer but I didn't. We parked at Harbor Place garage and encountered the same group of bike riding youth both to and from the venue. Several homeless panhandlers but I don't mind that so much, people gotta do what they gotta do. I'd like to go back to Hell on the Harbor but Baltimore is so damn sketch.

Video for tax:

back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Shy Guy x Diana King
    Pretty Brown Eyes x Mint Condition
    Whatever You Want x Tony Toni Toné
    I'll Be There x Hardline
    Gin And Juice x Snoop Doggy Dogg
    Ain't No Fun x Snoop Doggy Dogg
    I Don't Like To Dream About Getting Paid x Tha Dogg Pound
    Let's Play House x Tha Dogg Pound
    Let Me Ride x Dr. Dre
    Can I Get A… x Jay-Z
    Soul Food x Goodie Mob
    Dirty South x Goodie Mob
    I'm Dreamin' x Christopher Williams
    This DJ x Warren G
    Groove Thang x Zhane
    Woo-Hah! I Got You All In Check (Remix) x Busta Rhymes
    Be Happy x Mary J. Blige
    Can't Let Go x Mariah Carey
    New column on my site dedicated to WWE
    What Is It About Me?
    http://www.justbringingtheraw.com/columns/what-is-it-about-me.html

Blog Entries

Was into late 90s rap but not much before then. Dr. Dre, Eminem, the Cash Money guys like Big Tymers, Lil Wayne, Juvenile. DMX, JayZ, BTNH.

Guilty Conscience or Forgot About Dre probably my two favorite 90s rap songs. Forgot About Dre may be stretching it came out in like November 99? Lol. Budsmokers Only and Back That Azz Up also.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I'm digging this thread out because I have a question and it's the most recent music related thread. Have any of you been to Pier Six Pavilion in Baltimore and thought it was...kind of shitty? I saw the Mega Monsters tour there last night and it has to be the worst venue I've ever been to for sound quality. Like these bands have rather harsh vocals as it is, sure, but I've been to shows like this before and they've not sounded as bad as it did there. Very small and intimate venue, I'd love it if the sound were better.

On a sidenote was my first time in actual Baltimore (not just the stadium lot and stadium) in a very long time and...I'd like to say I felt safer but I didn't. We parked at Harbor Place garage and encountered the same group of bike riding youth both to and from the venue. Several homeless panhandlers but I don't mind that so much, people gotta do what they gotta do. I'd like to go back to Hell on the Harbor but Baltimore is so damn sketch.

Video for tax:

Pier six has always sucked for sound quality. Usually it’s just a neat little place to see a show. But the sound blows.

Gotta pack heat and body armor of your going to Sound Stage brother.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Pier six has always sucked for sound quality. Usually it’s just a neat little place to see a show. But the sound blows.

Gotta pack heat and body armor of your going to Sound Stage brother.

It’s definitely a unique venue. I’m not sure I would buy tickets again when I could just sit on a bench across the pier and hear it. Lol. I was surprised how small it was. I had a good time regardless. The bands were awesome.

I liked that Soundstage was right across from that Market Place garage that is staffed 24/7 with security. If I did go at least it’s just crossing the street. Lol. But yeah…I probably won’t. It sucks that to go to any show in a city…in most places, but especially DC and Baltimore, it’s really risking being the victim of a large variety of crime up to and including death lol. At least Jiffy Lube is closeish and in the boonies. Going to see PANTERA and Lamb of God there late summer.

Blog Entries

The venue out at UMBC isn’t bad either. Small and easy to get to, whether it is or not it feels significantly safer compared to downtown Baltimore.

Fillmore in Silver Spring and Anthem in SW DC decently safe too.

You wouldn’t catch me at 930 Club anymore.

Is that new place next to the Ravens stadium done yet? The Paramount or something.

The venue out at UMBC isn’t bad either. Small and easy to get to, whether it is or not it feels significantly safer compared to downtown Baltimore.

Is that new place next to the Ravens stadium done yet? The Paramount or something.
    No clue about the new place. Me and my son are headed to the Fillmore on Monday for Sepultora ? Prob spelled wrong lol. 9:30 is apparently been redone and is maybe a touch safer now.

I haven't been to 930 since before covid times but I never really felt unsafe, though I'd usually uber straight to the door so I wasn't really wandering around. The Hamilton is also nice. I love the Anthem but such a hike for me! There's another smaller venue around there but I can't remember the name

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Speaking of 9:30. Since I’m a touch older than most in this thread …I remember when DC101 had $1 shows at the 9:30.

Some random Friday night way back ..a group of buddies and I drop in the 9:30 for one of the $1 shows …the act …Matchbox 20. About a month later ..they’re on every radio station everywhere. At the time we’d never heard of them. Awesome show for a pop-rock band.