Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Favorite songs from the 1990s

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Saw RBF at Rams Head Live in Baltimore like 10 years ago. The Aquabats opened for them.

LOVE Aquabats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm jealous. I've seen rbf twice, but neither of them had the aquabats... Though to be fair, the second time would have been awesome if we had made it on time to see streetlight. They also had the pietasters on the second stage, which was awesome.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    You guys have covered a ton of groups I love. And a few I don't or have never heard of. Great thread, GJ.

I didn't see anybody list Toad the Wet Sprocket. Anybody else besides me like them?
    I only really liked one of their songs crazy life.

The Verve had a couple really good songs in the 90's as well. BSS and Lucky man. Didn't see them mentioned anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    I only really liked one of their songs crazy life
    The Verve had a couple really good songs in the 90's as well. BSS and Lucky man. Didn't see them mentioned anywhere.
    Not to be confused with The Verve Pipe. Lol. The Freshmen is the only song I remember from them though

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Not to be confused with The Verve Pipe. Lol. The Freshmen is the only song I remember from them though
    Such a good one!

Also, music videos were great back then...Black Hole Sun, Popular, and Pepper come to mind. I do miss 90s alternative!

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Such a good one!

Also, music videos were great back then...Black Hole Sun, Popular, and Pepper come to mind. I do miss 90s alternative!

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Where there are some music videos I enjoyed, I never really understood the point of them, and still don't actually. Most of them are just random shit with the song playing in the background. lol The video has absolutely nothing to do with the song that's playing. I would much rather just listen to the song on the radio than have to sit through watching the music video to hear it. Never was a fan of them. I found myself paying more attention to the crap that was going on in the video instead of listening to the song, and I feel that takes away from the song itself. Again, much rather listen to music than see it. Live concerts are where one should be "seeing" the music, not on some 3.5 min random short story on tv that has nothing to do with the song that it represents. lol

And that's my old angry man yelling at the clouds rant for the day. :)

Where there are some music videos I enjoyed, I never really understood the point of them, and still don't actually. Most of them are just random shit with the song playing in the background. lol The video has absolutely nothing to do with the song that's playing. I would much rather just listen to the song on the radio than have to sit through watching the music video to hear it. Never was a fan of them. I found myself paying more attention to the crap that was going on in the video instead of listening to the song, and I feel that takes away from the song itself. Again, much rather listen to music than see it. Live concerts are where one should be "seeing" the music, not on some 3.5 min random short story on tv that has nothing to do with the song that it represents. lol

And that's my old angry man yelling at the clouds rant for the day. :)
    I hear ya....and would agree that some of the music videos really don't have a point. However, to take the contrarian view, the ones that include significant portions of the singer / band I find useful for capturing not only the song, but how they artists actually looked back when they did the song (for some of the bigger acts, we tend to only remember what they look like now).

I find it particularly interesting when I show some of the old videos to my 16-year old son. Unlike his Dad, who would never be caught dead listening to his old man's music, my son, and many his age, have a taste in music that spans generations (thank you, Guardians of the Galaxy). So I found it hilarious to see his reaction when I showed him the 1966 video of the Rolling Stones playing Paint It Black, or Fleetwood Mac doing The Chain, or U2's Sunday Bloody Sunday at Red Rocks. We sometimes do video night in our family and just search YouTube for some long forgotten videos....recently we enjoyed Toto's Africa (now that Weezer has reintroduced it to an entirely new generation). So that is my take on videos....

Our local radio station plays the 90s at 9 every night. Here is what they played tonight.
    Hanson- MMbop.
    Merrill Baindbridge- Mouth
    98 Degrees- I do cherish you
    Boy Krazy- That's what Love can do
    Amy Grant- That's what love is for
    REM- Shiny Happy people
    Fatboy Slim- Funk soul Brother
    Billy joel- River of dreams
    N Sync- God must have spent more time on you
    Sugar ray- Fly

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    Our local radio station plays the 90s at 9 every night. Here is what they played tonight.
    Hanson- MMbop.
    Merrill Baindbridge- Mouth
    98 Degrees- I do cherish you
    Boy Krazy- That's what Love can do
    Amy Grant- That's what love is for
    REM- Shiny Happy people
    Fatboy Slim- Funk soul Brother
    Billy joel- River of dreams
    N Sync- God must have spent more time on you
    Sugar ray- Fly
    Nice mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pavement!!!
    Radiohead
    Anything Prince Paul related
    Soundgarden
    Del the Funkee Homosapien
    Yo La Tengo
    Cube
    Prince
    Erykah Badu
    Wilco
    Blur
    Outkast
    Belle & Sebastian
    Dinosaur Jr
    good Weezer
    Beck!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

So far a Great 90s at 9 show on my local radio station. So far they have played.
    Britney Spears- Hit me baby one more time
    Matchbox 20- Real World
    Jesus Jones- Feel Real
    Dionne Farris- I know
    Collective Soul- The World I know.
    Alanis Morissette- You Learn
    Madonna- The Power of Goodbye
    James Ingram- I don't have the Heart.
    C and C Music Factory- Things that make you go Hmmmmmm.
    Last edited by Gjennings85; 08-28-2018 at 09:39 PM.

I know this doesn't belong in this thread, but I couldn't find the other music thread....at least I think there was another one. lol Pretty sure we had a movies/tv, video games, and music thread all going at one time, and this may have been the music thread, but I though we had a general one...any who, to my point....

Godsmack's new album (When Legends Rise) is awesome. Absolutely love it. Every song on there is good, but my fav has to be "Under Your Scars".

Again, I know it's not 90's related, but it is music related and I couldn't find the other one if it exists. lol

Godsmack fans should definitely check it out, and even if you're not a big fan, or fan at all actually, it's a great album. :)

I know this doesn't belong in this thread, but I couldn't find the other music thread....at least I think there was another one. lol Pretty sure we had a movies/tv, video games, and music thread all going at one time, and this may have been the music thread, but I though we had a general one...any who, to my point....

Godsmack's new album (When Legends Rise) is awesome. Absolutely love it. Every song on there is good, but my fav has to be "Under Your Scars".

Again, I know it's not 90's related, but it is music related and I couldn't find the other one if it exists. lol

Godsmack fans should definitely check it out, and even if you're not a big fan, or fan at all actually, it's a great album. :)
    We did have one. Every single I've heard off that album so far is great. My wife really wants to get it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk